Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,214 Members 42,090 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Pdf reader

Tip us?

s28
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default Pdf reader

I like to read a lot of magazines in my tab, most are in Pdf format. I'm currently using adobe reader since it is the only one that is very quick responsive and fluid. However this app is not really made for reading books so the experience isn't so nice. I have tried moon, aldiko, goreader and non of them works well. They are very laggy and slow. Any suggestions? I am very desparate!! Thanks in advance

Sent from my GT-P6800 using XDA Premium HD app

hairynoggin
Old
Thanks Meter 0
try ezpdf reader.... its not bad with quite a few options. (better than Adobe's effort)

I think they all seem to suffer from lag

romac
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I agree, ezpdf reader is by far the best pdf reader currently out there. It has many features including annotate and read back.

s28
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
I tried ezpdf the rendering to the odf is nice but it loads every time I flip a page? Why is this so? It seems that it its havung a hard time browsing through the pdf however this shouldn't be a problem any more since its already dualcore right??

rophil
Old
Thanks Meter 34

DONATE TO ME
I'm using SmartDevice PDF Reader (free from Samsung Apps). It renders pages faster than others.

cthang
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I just loaded a couple PDFs onto my 7.7, and for the most part it loads things very smoothly with EzPDFreader.

However, pretty much any larger PDF (~100mb) does not render very quickly... every page turn I have to see a "loading" icon. Is there something I can adjust within ezpdf? I really like its UI and overall features, but super slow loading may be a dealbreaker. I'm thinking about giving Repligo a try.
And if anyone else has any other suggestions, I'd love to hear em!

Theory
Old
Thanks Meter 53
In order of personal frequency of use: Repligo, Mantano... and (not so much anymore) EzPDF.
Previously: Samsung Omnia (July-Dec 08) | HTC Touch HD (Dec 08-Dec 09) | HTC HD2, (Dec 09-Mar 12) | Samsung Galaxy Tab GT-P1000 (Mar 11-Jul 13) | Galaxy Nexus (Mar 12-Dec 13)
Currently: Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 GT-P6800 (Jan 12-) | Nexus 10 (Sep 13-) | Nexus 5 (Nov 13-)
The Following User Says Thank You to Theory For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

s28
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthang View Post
I just loaded a couple PDFs onto my 7.7, and for the most part it loads things very smoothly with EzPDFreader.

However, pretty much any larger PDF (~100mb) does not render very quickly... every page turn I have to see a "loading" icon. Is there something I can adjust within ezpdf? I really like its UI and overall features, but super slow loading may be a dealbreaker. I'm thinking about giving Repligo a try.
And if anyone else has any other suggestions, I'd love to hear em!
I agree!! This is exactly what's happenning to me!!

s28
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theory View Post
In order of personal frequency of use: Repligo, Mantano... and (not so much anymore) EzPDF.
I shall give mantano a try

s28
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Was able to try out mantano and it works great! And looks great too