APKTool Updated with Android Lollipop Support

One of the beauties of Android is the level of flexibility we have over our devices. Whether … more

Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

MX Home Launcher

OP Custodian

12th January 2012, 12:01 PM   |  #11  
Flag Chalmers, IN
Thanks Meter: 45

213 posts
More
I like my ADW.Launcher EX. And right now I'm running Nova Launcher on the CM9 ROM.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk
12th January 2012, 02:21 PM   |  #12  
Flag Pennsylvania, USA
Thanks Meter: 71

835 posts
More
Funny, I have been waiting ALL night to post here. I was in love with the MX, dont know what happen. Last night, the last 2 screens over lapped each other. I deleted and recreated and put everything back. simple reboot later, its jacked again. I was drinking and too tired to put it back!
13th January 2012, 02:18 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 149

1,061 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsims7_2000

. I was drinking and too tired to put it back!

I wonder if this ^^ contributed to this v v

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsims7_2000

Last night, the last 2 screens over lapped each other. I deleted and recreated and put everything back. simple reboot later, its jacked again

:P

just sayin' hahahaha
The Following User Says Thank You to daddymikey1975 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th January 2012, 02:57 AM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 341

675 posts
Donate to Me
More
Seems like a nice launcher, just wish the styling was different.
15th January 2012, 05:13 AM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 75

653 posts
I wish there were more themes for this launcher and the ones that are out there didnt cost money. I think this is a great launcher but im not real keen on the theme.
The Following User Says Thank You to MadFlava For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th January 2012, 05:29 AM   |  #16  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 346

1,945 posts
There are many themes for this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadFlava

I wish there were more themes for this launcher and the ones that are out there didnt cost money. I think this is a great launcher but im not real keen on the theme.

Sent from my MB855 using XDA App
15th January 2012, 11:34 PM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 75

653 posts
Where? I only see a few and almost all of them are paid skins.

Sent from my MB855 using xda premium
16th April 2012, 11:43 AM   |  #18  
Flag North Carolina
Thanks Meter: 214

892 posts
More
Cool
There are more themes in Google Play than in the built-in theme selector. Maybe that's what (s)he's seeing.

This launcher is cool, but it feels rushed in a few ways. For example, why can't I configure:
  • Where the MX (Cover screen?) button goes
  • Where the app drawer icon goes, or its icon (and why isn't it themed?)
  • The number of docks. I just want the one.
  • The task killer. I can already open it by long-pressing app drawer. Yet I can't move the dedicated task killer launcher (from dock 2).
  • The names and colors of the folders in the app drawer. No "Games"? And what is Lifestyle anyway?
  • The icons on the clock. Yes, I know I can change them, but to select Music, I have to have it launch the stock Blur music app? No thanks, I like the MIUI one, TYVM. Likewise with Contacts, I can't make it open Contapps. Gallery won't open QuickPic. You see where this is going.
  • The home screen indicator. I'm fine with it being there when I'm changing screens, but all the time? Not feeling it.
Other than that, it is a nice launcher. When placing icons, you get the grid from GO Launcher EX. Also from GO is the home screen configuration (press Home, this lets you add or remove home screens, or move them around). From GO and ADW it has a popup when long-pressing icons; other than being more visually impressive, it adds an Info option which takes you to its page in Settings/Applications (this is good if you want to force close the app, or maybe clear its cache, or remove its defaults).

The settings are also really bare and spread out amongst some confusing labels.

This app has a couple neat ideas. The app drawer and cover screen are nice touches, but the customization is very shallow. It feels like a beta, a work in progress. I'll keep it around because this thing is just dripping with potential.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread