Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,086 Members 54,471 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] Vanilla AOSP Gingerbread v1.03 w/OC Kernel (updated 20110507)

Tip us?

markmac
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I have actually been trying to port this ROM over to 1.2BL, but have had no luck. This ROM is only for 1.1BL.

renildrah
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Question Market wants to force close

Using the directions from this site.

I click "Skip" on adding my Google Account on the first boot of installing Vanillla AOSP Gingerbread v1.03. Go into Settings and connect to my router.

Go into Settings and then add my Google Account.

Go into Market and it works but when I leave it then re-enter, it force closes me. It looks like while I am in the Market app, it works on automatically update itself.

It seen some people say they are able to fix this because clearing out their contacts list because one of their contacts is an empty but I don't let it sync my contacts. I've also cleared my data using Clockword Mod and through Reset Data inside of the ROM and still didn't make a difference.

Is there anyone that can help me figure out a workaround or something? Thanks.

nobe1976
Old
Thanks Meter 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by kornyone View Post
Vanilla Flavored AOSP (Gingerbread 2.3.4)

Gtablet AOSP is a project for pure vanilla Android with the Gtablet. It aims to be bare bones and as true to the AOSP code as possible. The Google AOSP code is modified as little as possible to provide functionality, and the ability to boot. It is stripped down for modification by the end user.

Using CyanogenMod device files, Pershoot's latest kernel (20110501, 2.6.32.39 with overclock ability), and some cherry picked cyanogenmod/nv-tegra files, a functional 'rom' and a github repo for this project has been created. As functionality has been added since inception, more pieces from Cyanogen are making there way in (browser fix and tweaks, some under the hood stuff, internal storage fixes, etc) to improve overall experience. All variances from original AOSP code is visible via the public git.

Huge props to the Gtablet and the Cyanogen development community. Without your work, this wouldn't be possible.

Thanks to EJHart for his direct assistance with getting this project up and running. Thanks to GoJimi for a bunch of tweaks. Thanks to Pershoot for the pimp kernel. And thanks to Bekit and the Harmony team, as well as the Cyanogenmod team... probably more...

To use this rom, you will use ClockwordMod to flash the zip file as you would any other rom. I have only used ClockworkMod .8 in my testing.

DISCLAIMER: I cannot be held liable for anything you do to your GTablet. Make sure you are comfortable with recovery tools, such as nvflash, before proceeding. Do not overclock unless you fully understand the risk, by default this rom won't overclock on it's own.

Download V1.03 (20110503)
V1.03 zip file -- http://www.mediafire.com/?aj69ubpkm3dfk3x
MD5 -- b621ca65ee3f91d9c2bf5e8ab9125edf

Overclock kernel -- The default max scaling clock is 1ghz. Therefore to overclock, you will need to change the speed via a third party app (like setcpu) or to do it via the shell. With SetCPU, using the automatic detection mode should work, and allow you to change min/max speed.
Gapps -- Current Gingerbread GAPPS will work -- http://goo-inside.me/google-apps/ (Latest is 20110307 Universal).

Known Issues:
Most if not all the issues facing Cyanogen 7

Changes:
v1.03
External mounting now supports emmc and sdcard simultaneously.
FLAC decoding is included.
Minor upstream changes.

v1.02:
Fixed YouTube HQ video
Fixed h264/x264 video recognition
Fixed file downloads in browser
Latest GAPPS now work (no longer requires dated 20110120 build).
Forked skia from CM7 for performance enhancements

Previous builds see attached changelog.

Hardware acceleration for video and audio is a work in progress by the CM7 team You will find the hw acceleration works well with certain videos, including YouTube HQ. Video acceleration can be overwhelmed with larger files, overclocking the unit makes a noticeable difference.

---------------------------------------------------------------

BUILD YOUR OWN:

GitHub -- https://github.com/aosp-gtablet

Use this project from github to create your own image:
repo init -u git://github.com/aosp-gtablet/gtablet-aosp.git

The process for CM7 will work. Run extract-files.sh, run envsetup.sh, lunch, make -j[X] bacon. Anything more is outside the scope of this post.

** Additional notes -- GoJimi's Soft Buttons are available in the source code, but are disabled in this release.

I am a minimalist, and I know there are others. I hope others enjoy, and help make this a better project
Please let me know what bugs you find so I can work on them! Thanks.

Screenshots:

I am kind of leary to trying this rom due to the fact that the OP only claims to use CWM . 8 to use for installation. So the one thing I am wondering since it hasn't been posted is does one need to be on a 1. 1 bootloader for this rom or is there some way to get it working on a 1. 2 bootloader?