Anyone Know Of An App To Enhance Screen Brightness Above Factory Max?

Search This thread

in_dmand

Dec 1, 2010
Greenville, SC
Have been searching around to see if there is such a thing, but I can't find anything. Does anyone know if it would even be possible to make an app to make screen brighter than the factory max setting? I know it must depend, at least to some extent, on the hardware... but I doubt they actually max it out at the factory... i'm just sayin =) would be nice to have in bright sunlight!

!nstaGib

Feb 23, 2012
Have been searching around to see if there is such a thing, but I can't find anything. Does anyone know if it would even be possible to make an app to make screen brighter than the factory max setting? I know it must depend, at least to some extent, on the hardware... but I doubt they actually max it out at the factory... i'm just sayin =) would be nice to have in bright sunlight!

I would imagine you could increase the brightness by upping the voltage of whatever controls it, but I'm not sure if there is a hardware cap or not. I doubt it would be very safe for the hardware though...

Reactions: in_dmand

in_dmand

Dec 1, 2010
Greenville, SC
yeah good point... i have no idea but wanted to see if anyone else did! i guess you would probably have to worry about "burn in" or "imprinting" ( I guess it would be called) too...

!nstaGib

Feb 23, 2012
yeah good point... i have no idea but wanted to see if anyone else did! i guess you would probably have to worry about "burn in" or "imprinting" ( I guess it would be called) too...

No, because it's only the backlight. But it certainly wouldn't be /good/ for the phone at all. But I haven't developed anything for the phone, and am somewhat new to the scene, so don't take my word alone on it :)

onslaught86

No, because it's only the backlight. But it certainly wouldn't be /good/ for the phone at all. But I haven't developed anything for the phone, and am somewhat new to the scene, so don't take my word alone on it :)

AMOLED screens don't have backlights. :)

It's not so much burn-in you have to worry about as burn-out - the individual LEDs are prone to do that if they have to display the same image or colour for long periods of time. Blue, for example, will burn out the fastest. There's a lot of discussion that went on around AMOLEDs for the earlier phones that used the screen tech, like the Nexus One and the SGS.

As for decreasing brightness, Screen Filter is the way to go.

Sent from my XT910 using xda premium

gerelee

Apr 29, 2009
AMOLED screens don't have backlights. :)

It's not so much burn-in you have to worry about as burn-out - the individual LEDs are prone to do that if they have to display the same image or colour for long periods of time. Blue, for example, will burn out the fastest. There's a lot of discussion that went on around AMOLEDs for the earlier phones that used the screen tech, like the Nexus One and the SGS.

As for decreasing brightness, Screen Filter is the way to go.

Sent from my XT910 using xda premium
not a problem ... i experienced 'burn-out' SEVERAL years ago :p
seriously though, compared to my fruit phone, the maxx leaves a little to be desired in direct sunlight. it's ok, but just could be better. in fact, i almost switched back to my 4s because of that ... bought a mophie juice pack air yesterday and thought ... oh yeah, 2 days of battery, even more than my maxx. .. then i see that ICS is allegedly hitting in a few days so figured i would wait it out. i can always return the mophie!!!

tk76

Sep 13, 2008
I also use screen filter for additional dimming for nighttime. Juice Defender Ultimate also offers reduced band augmented brightness, although I don't know if their augmented brightness is any brighter than stock (probably not.)

r4zrm4xxx

Apr 15, 2012
RAZR stock brightness is crazy bright why would you want that your screens probably going to overheat if you go above the manufacturer settings

Sent from my DROID RAZR using XDA

pedrotorresfilho

Jan 4, 2012
decantodepoetas.blogspot.com
RAZR stock brightness is crazy bright why would you want that your screens probably going to overheat if you go above the manufacturer settings

Sent from my DROID RAZR using XDA

It hurts my eyes if I steer too long with max bright.

To make it brighter you'll need a moded kernel, but such thing wasn't released for razr yet

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

IOmega666

Apr 26, 2009
Is there any app the change screen mode? Like more vivid colors, movie like colors and things that that, i miss that feature of my Galaxy S2 (was stolen from me while riding the train the other day) so i bought a DROID RAZR, but the thing i miss is the screen of my S2, the white is not white here is like a yellow thing.

CaFFeiNe666

Nov 4, 2007
Is there any app the change screen mode? Like more vivid colors, movie like colors and things that that, i miss that feature of my Galaxy S2 (was stolen from me while riding the train the other day) so i bought a DROID RAZR, but the thing i miss is the screen of my S2, the white is not white here is like a yellow thing.

1) you are talking of low light, cause if you raise it, white will become much more whiter...

2) white on sgs2 is not white, is blueish... simply some people recognizes blueish white whiter than yellowish, is just subjective... but no one of both has a perfect whiter... if you want real colors, you have to go on ips based screens, not amoled ;)

Mar 12, 2018
For lowering brightness, I use this app called Easy on the Eyes. It can reduce your brightness from the original lowest setting. If you have a mac, you can find it on the app store.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I would imagine you could increase the brightness by upping the voltage of whatever controls it, but I'm not sure if there is a hardware cap or not. I doubt it would be very safe for the hardware though...