No registration required

[APP] 9-Keyboard -- Nokia-style typing

OP Yttasyph

Yttasyph
7th April 2012, 04:37 PM   |  #1  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
Hey guys,
I found an app which allows you to type text messages like on an old Nokia cellphone (except T9).
You can download it for free and without any ads from the marketplace: http://windowsphone.com/s?appid=a01a...6-802936a692e0
Last edited by Yttasyph; 21st August 2012 at 04:02 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th April 2012, 07:14 PM   |  #2  
Flag always on the run
Thanks Meter: 24

202 posts
More
The app is just great. It would be awesome if you could make something to introduce it in the system of the phone, so when you want to write an email or type an web adress you can change from full qwerty to this 1-9
Great job
9th April 2012, 01:20 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 49

218 posts
Thumbs up
So happy of hearing that someone still cares about alphanumeric keyboard, I was desperate because I couldn't find any alternative to QWERTY. If you'll be able to include T9 I think that your app would be perfect to text sms quickly with one hand

however I wanted to suggest something like that:
I've noticed that in settings(system)/keyboard, are already available 12-key (alphanumeric) keyboards for some languages (chinese, japanese, korean). I was wondering if it was possible to modify them in a simple way to obtain a full-system integrated keypad with T9 too =)
9th April 2012, 06:07 PM   |  #4  
Flag always on the run
Thanks Meter: 24

202 posts
More
Btw. In your app, you cannot write numbers 2 and 0.
16th April 2012, 01:36 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 9

64 posts
More
Nice
Just tried and rated it - nice little app, it's easy to get nostalgic using it

I can confirm the little bug about entering 0 and 2 of the previous poster, doesn't work right now.

Why not add an icon/function to paste the text to the clipboard? It's easy to do in the program, just 1 line of code, and like this one can also use the written text for e-mail, Twitter apps etc.

By the way, you gave the link to the US Marketplace. The app is probably available world wide; if you give the "deep link" as indicated in the details about the app on create.msdn.com the link will lead people directly to their particular, possibly non-US marketplace.
Last edited by rbrunner7; 16th April 2012 at 01:40 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread