[Q] Internal Storage Strange Problem

Search This thread

MrFdhigsKp

Dec 10, 2011
I've seen a post somewhere here about having multiple copies of folders and files in the phone's internal storage, but I'm not able find it any more. Every time I move a ROM in my phone's internal storage, then CWM it, I always notice that the ZIP has a "clone" with the same size as the original; however, it is not a ZIP file: it just says "File". This applies to ALL the files in each folder, including music and video files. Can someone give me insight and enlighten of this problem?
Additionally, would I be able to rid of all these extra files, or would it make my originals unusable? :confused:

Klathmon

May 1, 2011
I've not seen it myself. But i think the extra files are just "ghost" versions and are not really there. But i could be wrong.

Do me a favor and try putting the sd card in a computer and see if the extra files are there. Could you also upload a screen shot of the issue. I've been trying to track this one down for a while.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

theking_13

Dec 20, 2011
Florida
Try formatting the internal storage THROUGH Android itself, not off of a computer.

Sent from my amazing G2x running EaglesBlood and Faux. :D

MrFdhigsKp

Dec 10, 2011
I've not seen it myself. But i think the extra files are just "ghost" versions and are not really there. But i could be wrong.

Do me a favor and try putting the sd card in a computer and see if the extra files are there. Could you also upload a screen shot of the issue. I've been trying to track this one down for a while.

You actually can't see it through file explorers in the phone itself, but only when connecting it to a computer. AND LOL I deleted a "copy" of one of my clips which resulted into an error when trying to play it.

Klathmon

May 1, 2011
You actually can't see it through file explorers in the phone itself, but only when connecting it to a computer. AND LOL I deleted a "copy" of one of my clips which resulted into an error when trying to play it.
what os are you using on your computer (windows,mac,linux)?

do the "ghost" files have any strange characteristics? (dot '.' in the front, '~' before or after, grayed out/see through)

MrFdhigsKp

Dec 10, 2011
what os are you using on your computer (windows,mac,linux)?

do the "ghost" files have any strange characteristics? (dot '.' in the front, '~' before or after, grayed out/see through)

I'm using Windows 7 to connect my G2X. And nope, they have the exact same name. There are no strange characteristics and are not grayed out/see through.

Klathmon

May 1, 2011
I'm using Windows 7 to connect my G2X. And nope, they have the exact same name. There are no strange characteristics and are not grayed out/see through.

few more questions for ya :)

are you connected using UTP or MTP (does it show up like a USB thumb Drive on your computer, or does it say its a "media Device"?)

also, have you tried copying the files over to your desktop and seeing if they work when one is deleted?

MrFdhigsKp

Dec 10, 2011
few more questions for ya :)

are you connected using UTP or MTP (does it show up like a USB thumb Drive on your computer, or does it say its a "media Device"?)

also, have you tried copying the files over to your desktop and seeing if they work when one is deleted?

AHA it's cool. I just want to know how to fix this slight problem cuz it's bothering me every time I move a new ROM into my phone! :D AND It's connected as a Media Device.

MrFdhigsKp

Dec 10, 2011
YOO! OMG the extra files aren't there any more! I am certain now that this is a problem with AOKP ROMS, including the new Genesis! This make sense because I've never encountered this problem until I got addicted to AOKP since it's first ics release for the G2X. I can't confirm for other ROMS, however, except Hellfire Sandwich 1.6, because I'm currently using it right now.

Klathmon

May 1, 2011
YOO! OMG the extra files aren't there any more! I am certain now that this is a problem with AOKP ROMS, including the new Genesis! This make sense because I've never encountered this problem until I got addicted to AOKP since it's first ics release for the G2X. I can't confirm for other ROMS, however, except Hellfire Sandwich 1.6, because I'm currently using it right now.

Hmm... Iv got no idea what's causing it, but at least that fixes it foryou. :)

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2