Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,266 Members 40,676 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] Aurora ICS 4.0.4 for u8800 - Version 5.0 update 20

Tip us?

jonykapa
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by VuDuCuRSe View Post
Hum... I'm seeing a pattern here... clearly, people aren't happy with an "experimental" tagged release... they gotta screw it even more! LOL
I made two or three clean installs of 2.07 and my wifi didn't had different behaviours. In first try it wouldn't connect at all, just showed the AP's but didn't connect. I thought it could be the problem we had with new wifi driver (couldn't connect to ZON routers) and I tryed the file from page 366. With that mod my wifi connected but the wifi symbol just stayed gray and had no data transfers. In second clean install had the same problems, so... I don't know what to do and went back to 2.04 with old wifi driver x)

A funny thig is that in 2.06 with the file of page 366 my wifi worked flawlessly with awesome battery consuption. I loved that. But I couldn't make it work again after try 2.07, really odd :S

Keep up the good work dzo

sorry for my bad english

thaks in advance
Samsung Galaxy SIII running CM10.2
Asus Nexus 7 running CM10.2 & M-Kernel

Munich089
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Please make another FM radio. best from the version 2.04
the current is very bad. one can hardly read it, is only in English, has many bugs and graphic errors.

There is a huge step back.

Otherwise this version is very very very good.
The Following User Says Thank You to Munich089 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fjsferreira
Old
Thanks Meter 875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munich089 View Post
Please make another FM radio. best from the version 2.04
the current is very bad. one can hardly read it, is only in English, has many bugs and graphic errors.

There is a huge step back.

Otherwise this version is very very very good.
Dzo didn't made that app, the best he might do is figure out why the old, better one, doesn't work in recent versions and fix it, but I don't think it's in his priorities right now...

Sent from my U8800
You still don't use Dropbox? WTF?
Install it here and both of us receive 500Mb free.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to fjsferreira For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

toeter80
Old
(Last edited by toeter80; 15th April 2012 at 11:21 PM.)
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimsilva View Post
I think it's a kernel issue.

wifi is a problem too, but can be solved with 2.04 wifi file.
I posted this before, but if I use the old wpa_supplicant file I cannot even turn on WiFi anymore.. anyone else with this problem? I'd like to be able to use my WiFi-network at home again..

EDIT: OK, never mind. It was a permissions thing. I can connect now, will test if it works though it still seems very slow, as before.

EDIT 2: yup, still the same: I can connect but the connection is incredibly slow, even though my PC gets upt to 1 MBit/sec on the same network. For me, this is the one major drawback of this ROM.

jbarros26
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapa_pt View Post
i use the instagram =) works for me
I install it yestarday but i cant take fotos with the app, the camera stops and the app FC. So i have to untick the option "use advance camera". But that make me losing time because when i want to take a photo it will be ask what i want to use (camera or gallery).
You have the same problem?

Thx and sorry for post here

QianLeong
Old
Thanks Meter 0
i cant update to 2.07_test, but 2.05 can...

after i upgrading to 2.07_test, it stuck on huawei logo...

i have followed all the insturction...

any problem with my phone?

M1ST4K3
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarros26 View Post
I install it yestarday but i cant take fotos with the app, the camera stops and the app FC. So i have to untick the option "use advance camera". But that make me losing time because when i want to take a photo it will be ask what i want to use (camera or gallery).
You have the same problem?

Thx and sorry for post here
Press the screen to focus before you take the photo...

Mate, don't say "sorry to post here...." and use the general topic to questions like that... Use this topic for bugs/features only. If this topic was clean, you could easily spot the dzo's post telling us the workarround to instagram...

Huawei Ideos x5 U8800
ASUS Transformer 32GBs TF101
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M1ST4K3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

riDDimann
Old
Thanks Meter 98
Speaking of the camera... that does seem noticeably quicker to focus in 2.07 (maybe those are the Android 4.04 improvements). Also pictures are a LOT less grainy than with Oxygen.
Also curiously after 67 hours uptime Wifi still turns on an off just fine even through the notification widget. Should my problems have simply gone away all on their own?

jbarros26
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by QianLeong View Post
i cant update to 2.07_test, but 2.05 can...

after i upgrading to 2.07_test, it stuck on huawei logo...

i have followed all the insturction...

any problem with my phone?
Nop to me happens the same. Take off the battery and reinstall the rom

Sent from Space Ship Enterprise
http://forum.xda-developers.com/signaturepics/sigpic4270001_1.gif

jbarros26
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by M1ST4K3 View Post
Press the screen to focus before you take the photo...

Mate, don't say "sorry to post here...." and use the general topic to questions like that... Use this topic for bugs/features only. If this topic was clean, you could easily spot the dzo's post telling us the workarround to instagram...
I know my bad. Thx

Sent from Space Ship Enterprise
http://forum.xda-developers.com/signaturepics/sigpic4270001_1.gif

Tags
android 4, aurora, huawei ideos x5, ics, u8800