App Review: Calculating Your Android Calculator Options

Sure, everyone has a default Calculator and its something that you dont think about … more

MultiROM Once Again Available for the Galaxy S4

Multiboot, or the ability to select betweenmultiple operating systems on a single device at … more

Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

[q] [radio issues]

12th April 2012, 03:25 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
Thanks Meter: 17

378 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hey, I'm currently on 65.1.40.XT910.AsiaRetail.en.03 and my radio is U_03.1C.91P
and I'm on the Vodafone network. Of late, (mostly since i've updated the OTA to 2.3.6) my phone has been acting up. Calls simply keep dropping after a few mins of talking. Texts don't get delivered and I receive texts hours after people have sent them. Is this coz of the radio? Is there any way I could try a new radio?
12th April 2012, 03:35 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1,096

1,590 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekrox

Hey, I'm currently on 65.1.40.XT910.AsiaRetail.en.03 and my radio is U_03.1C.91P
and I'm on the Vodafone network. Of late, (mostly since i've updated the OTA to 2.3.6) my phone has been acting up. Calls simply keep dropping after a few mins of talking. Texts don't get delivered and I receive texts hours after people have sent them. Is this coz of the radio? Is there any way I could try a new radio?

Yes, you can try another radio, but it looks like a carrier problem.

Use this trick to use others radios instead

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1409434

Cheers

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2
12th April 2012, 04:06 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

378 posts
Donate to Me
More
Its not a network issue. My friends on vodafone face no issue.
12th April 2012, 04:28 PM   |  #4  

1,590 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Its not a network issue. My friends on vodafone face no issue.

It can be a carrier (account related) issue. Call 'en

See your colleages radios too, if the same. If not, and their radios are working fine, take note and grabb it from a SBF file on server

13th April 2012, 01:25 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

378 posts
Donate to Me
More
They're not smartphones....=P so can't really check their radio now, can I? I did try the first two radios mentioned in the link. One of them puts me on International Roaming. FML. I'l try the chinese one now.
13th April 2012, 01:39 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Quote:

Me, and a lot of customers of MTS network face with same problems with sms and mms. You may not recieve messages, or receive it later and several times. And there are no solutions of this issue, it's all the same in different radio and fw.
14th April 2012, 03:05 PM   |  #7  

1,590 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trojan_downloader

Me, and a lot of customers of MTS network face with same problems with sms and mms. You may not recieve messages, or receive it later and several times. And there are no solutions of this issue, it's all the same in different radio and fw.

As was my suspicious, it's a carrier problem, isn't?

16th April 2012, 12:34 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrotorresfilho

It's hard to say, there were several mentions about same problems at another carrier. I think that it is a hw or sw problem and waiting for ics update.
16th April 2012, 01:22 PM   |  #9  

1,590 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trojan_downloader

It's hard to say, there were several mentions about same problems at another carrier. I think that it is a hw or sw problem and waiting for ics update.

Wanna make a brief test in your razr?

1. Type in dialpad

*#*#4636#**#

2. In the menu that appears, choose phone information

3. Navigate to SMSC and tap >update< (at your right)

The blank space shoulde be populated with Mobile Service Center number.

If you get an [update error] message that means your radio and sim chip are not compatible (happens mostly with older sim cards, cutted ones) if so, you have 2 options: wait for another driver 4.0 ICS, or buy a updated micro sim chip. (there is a third option often does't work, but - call carrier support, ask Mobile Service Center Number, set itt in blank space and type first left update. It's a bug and rarelly works)

If this was helpfull, please share the learnigs.

Thanks

Last edited by pedrotorresfilho; 16th April 2012 at 01:29 PM.
16th April 2012, 02:32 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 2

59 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrotorresfilho

It cannot be a carrier issue, as I also have the same system version and radio and I am on Vodafone network. I have not experienced any of this problem so far.. like you said, it could be because of the Mobile Service Center Number!!!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread