FORUMS

Android 5.1 for the Nvidia Shield Tablet is Out!

Nvidia is quite good at delivering updates in a timely fashion. The producer of famous … more

Other than XDA (of Course), What’s Your Favorite Site That Covers Android?

There is a number of other great sites that cover … more

Introducing Voices of XDA: Have Your Ideas Heard

By far the greatest assets we have at XDA-Developers are you, the developers, the eager … more

Unofficial Xposed For Lollipop Touchwiz With Flashable Zip

XDA Recognized Developer arter97 has released an unofficial build … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[MOD] HTC_IME (8th June) v27: Small fix

16th April 2012, 07:45 AM |#3461  
hshah's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 225
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nFiniti

Sorry, Added that in there. I saw that but wasn't interested in them. I'm currently using the first stock one that works in ICS but it just doesn't do it for me.

BTW your f'n fast!

Post your keyboard in that thread if you haven't already and I'll see if I can get it working

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S II
 
 
16th April 2012, 07:46 AM |#3462  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Check back 2 posts above.... Its attached.

lol I just tried copying the RES folder inside the themed .apk to the working .apk... it didn't work lol.
16th April 2012, 07:59 AM |#3463  
hshah's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 225
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nFiniti

Check back 2 posts above.... Its attached.

lol I just tried copying the RES folder inside the themed .apk to the working .apk... it didn't work lol.

I do something similar but only copy certain files and then recompile.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S II
16th April 2012, 08:08 AM |#3464  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
I guess its the recompiling part I don't get. See I copy the res folder which is what I've found all the images for the skin. But when I tried to install it, it just fails. I know I could have much more fun with my Android Device if I knew how to get that down. I could modify my favorite programs lol
16th April 2012, 11:40 AM |#3465  
Senior Member
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 141
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hshah

I do something similar but only copy certain files and then recompile.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S II

Mind to share with us how you recompile? Using apk manager as well?

sent from my ics device
16th April 2012, 11:53 AM |#3466  
hshah's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 225
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsg86

Mind to share with us how you recompile? Using apk manager as well?

sent from my ics device

I use the batch files included with the source code (found in the OP)
The Following User Says Thank You to hshah For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th April 2012, 12:01 PM |#3467  
Senior Member
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 141
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hshah

I use the batch files included with the source code (found in the OP)

Hmmm,but there is no PNG files inside the source code pack..wondering how you put it in?did you extract out the resource.arsc?

sent from my ics device
16th April 2012, 01:25 PM |#3468  
hshah's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 225
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsg86

Hmmm,but there is no PNG files inside the source code pack..wondering how you put it in?did you extract out the resource.arsc?

sent from my ics device

What the compile batch does is use an unsigned version of the apk and adds the modified class.dex to it. That is how it keeps the same images. However it isn't as easy as that because if the original apk is different the newly created one will not install
16th April 2012, 01:35 PM |#3469  
Senior Member
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 141
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hshah

What the compile batch does is use an unsigned version of the apk and adds the modified class.dex to it. That is how it keeps the same images. However it isn't as easy as that because if the original apk is different the newly created one will not install

Ya, that's why i keep getting force close when i tried to modify the original apk ....you managed to edit it?
19th April 2012, 05:16 PM |#3470  
IndigoSyncrasy's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag East London
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Talking
There's a fix available for Ice Cream Sandwich devices (you may have noticed the keyboard crashes)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=3431

I've tested this on my HTC Desire and on a Samsung Galaxy S both running MIUI ICS 2.4.13
Enjoy!
Last edited by IndigoSyncrasy; 19th April 2012 at 05:22 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
htc ime
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes