5,595,815 Members 35,035 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] 2ndInit Recovery Installer v2.3 [Updated: 24-April-2012]

Tip us?

wars045
Old
(Last edited by wars045; 14th March 2012 at 10:37 PM.)
Thanks Meter 39

DONATE TO ME
how to restore nandroid i have recovery 6.1

system.img not found
androidsecure.img not found
cache.img not found

sai391023
Old
Thanks Meter 4
just 1.4.2 can work on my Defy

rogier666
Old
Thanks Meter 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrodh View Post
Yes, the uninstall just removes parts of the menu right now. In the next version I'll backup those files to be able to do a cleaner and proper uninstall. However, the people who have installed this version will not have those backups. There's two solutions, I provide the files (since they don't change that much from ROM to ROM) or they flash an SDB.
Any progress here? Because even when I installed 2nd init v2.0 from a virgin stock ROM it would only remove the custom recovery, not the custom boot menu. It kept complaining about missing bitmaps.

Of course I can flash a clean stock SBF if I need to restore my warranty, but it would be a lot easier if 2nd init could do it all by itself. Especially for people with exotic stock ROMs who have trouble finding a matching stock SBF now that megaupload and multiupload are dead.
android underground

S4 Mini, Galaxy Tab, Moto Defy (rooted, overclocked, undervolted, firewalled, adblocked, cyanogenmodded, xposed, etc.)
and a couple of ancient Symbian phones (hacked)

jackxx
Old
Thanks Meter 5
can anybody please make a tuto about 2ndInit recovery installer V2.0!!!!! for people who does not have any rom!............ there are some option when i'm going to intall the APK that i do not know which one i have to choose. please XDA MASTERS!!

art-jcd
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackxx View Post
can anybody please make a tuto about 2ndInit recovery installer V2.0!!!!! for people who does not have any rom!............ there are some option when i'm going to intall the APK that i do not know which one i have to choose. please XDA MASTERS!!
....no need...just read the screen.
1- Root device
2- USB debug ON
3- Wifi/Data for downloading
4- Install First Version , 0.61 Stable release for cm roms.
( wait for download, wait for Superuser asking for "allow", don´t let the screen turn it off...)
5- 1+2+3+4=Success...
Salu2
Cya

pd: sorry for my spanglish.

neo.ank
Old
Thanks Meter 408
[Q] Does v2.0 works on Defy+ ?

pedrodh
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by neo.ank View Post
[Q] Does v2.0 works on Defy+ ?
Yes. Tested it myself
Like my work and have bitcoin? Please donate: 152A5eh6QgLXYuNVxhgHtM1XxM8o85RoLL

neo.ank
Old
(Last edited by neo.ank; 16th April 2012 at 05:31 PM.)
Thanks Meter 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrodh View Post
Yes. Tested it myself
I'm nt sure what I did wrong but after installing it,I installed the recovery, it said success but
didn't showed up in boot.it either boots into stock recovery or boots normally..

Sent from my MB526 using Tapatalk 2

[UPDATE] Now it just got worse. The app said it was installed so I did an uninstall (partially ofcourse) rebooted and re-installed the recovery. LED turned ON Green.
Tried rebooting it and now its stuck in boot loop.
Boots into stock recovery and bootloader but can't boot normally.

What to do now????

joydeep1985
Old
Thanks Meter 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by neo.ank View Post
I'm nt sure what I did wrong but after installing it,I installed the recovery, it said success but
didn't showed up in boot.it either boots into stock recovery or boots normally..

[UPDATE] Now it just got worse. The app said it was installed so I did an uninstall (partially ofcourse) rebooted and re-installed the recovery. LED turned ON Green.
Tried rebooting it and now its stuck in boot loop.
Boots into stock recovery and bootloader but can't boot normally.

What to do now????
If still the 2nd-init is isntalled .Before the Led turns green it would turn blue . When it turns blue press vol down button to access the bootmenu.

If the blue LED doesnt Lit up and you are on stock Android still . Turn off your mobile . Press power + vol-down . It would take you to stock recovery . Just select wipe data/cache and reboot i guess that should solve your problem
Motorola Defy Red Lens
ParanoidAndroid 1.5 Defy+(Self Port)

How To Multiboot v0.5.5

All In One Defy Guide

neo.ank
Old
Thanks Meter 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by joydeep1985 View Post
If still the 2nd-init is isntalled .Before the Led turns green it would turn blue . When it turns blue press vol down button to access the bootmenu.

If the blue LED doesnt Lit up and you are on stock Android still . Turn off your mobile . Press power + vol-down . It would take you to stock recovery . Just select wipe data/cache and reboot i guess that should solve your problem
Blue LED didn't showed up.. I even tried wiping data but still it didn't boot.
I had to flash the SBF again and it worked fine..

My friend told me,there was life outside the internet and that I should check it out.
I said "Cool.! Send me the link. !!"

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe