[Q] Root Issues Motorola Photon

Search This thread

ShawnGotBANDZ

Aug 3, 2010
Columbus, OH
Hello, I'm having problems with the one click root, it goes through the steps normally but when it says "hackin yo ****" and restarts the command script says "error: phone not found"... How can I fix this error?

w0lf215

Oct 21, 2011
Can't help you with the AIO never used, i'd do the torpedo if I were you. Has never let me down and its literally just a few instructions a monkey could follow

TheChronicDroid

Aug 13, 2010
actually i honestly think you could train a monkey to torpedo root hahaha

Sent from my MB855 using xda premium

ryan8r

Apr 9, 2011
Its probably your drivers try reinstalling with latest. If still doesnt work , then try "Droid 3 root". Works perfectly for photon.

Sent not from your device!

ShawnGotBANDZ

Aug 3, 2010
Columbus, OH
so I tried the droid 3 root and got this error:
"Running exploit step 3 of 3 (adding su, busybox, and superuser.apk)... FAIL!

ERROR: adb could not be granted root access via local.prop method"

bondarun

Nov 18, 2009
Chennai
Try installing ADB in your Machine 1st..
Do a Reboot after doing it..

Then enable Unknown source in your device and also USB debugging..

It worked for me flawless in the 1st try itself :)

Follow this Post. Root

ShawnGotBANDZ

Aug 3, 2010
Columbus, OH
Try installing ADB in your Machine 1st..
Do a Reboot after doing it..

Then enable Unknown source in your device and also USB debugging..

It worked for me flawless in the 1st try itself :)

Follow this Post. Root

Adb was already installed with Android SDK, right? Excuse my ignorance I haven't done rooting in forever and can barely remember a lot of things

hasib86

Mar 21, 2011
jacksonville
Adb was already installed with Android SDK, right? Excuse my ignorance I haven't done rooting in forever and can barely remember a lot of things

Yeah it does i know I made a cmd path to get my computer to activate the bridge, I also had to go though and uninstall all my drivers and reboot and then install them again. The ones at "https:// rapidshare.com /files/1478950459/Root-Unlock-Relock.zip" i just uploaded the pack i used and QBKing77 video "How to root the Motorola Photon 4G and get Free Wifi Wireless " those set me right. just be sure to delete the spaces from the url.

EggSpawn

Apr 20, 2012
Tacoma
hey, qbking777 has some great videos on youtube. real easy to fallow and he provides all the links you need. just type in photon 4g root in the search bar

lroy

Aug 19, 2010
Houston Tx
I have rooted several separate photons and did not encounter issues. did u read the "read me" included in the AIO files?

Also, make sure that USB port recognizes the phone, maybe try a different USB that is directly connected to the motherboards header.

Possible the debugging or charge only mod not selected?

Best of luck.

Sent from my MB855 using XDA

ShawnGotBANDZ

Aug 3, 2010
Columbus, OH
I have rooted several separate photons and did not encounter issues. did u read the "read me" included in the AIO files?

Also, make sure that USB port recognizes the phone, maybe try a different USB that is directly connected to the motherboards header.

Possible the debugging or charge only mod not selected?

Best of luck.

Sent from my MB855 using XDA
I did everything in the readme file. it recognizes the phone and restarts it, but when it gets to "hackin yo ****" that's when it says device not found.

rantoca

Jul 19, 2012
boston
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Hi everyone

hello ,iI trying to root my sister phone but i try torpedo and looking to the video of QBking77 and the phone don't root . I ask they are other forms beside last two I mentioned

thanks and have a great day or night

JohnH4

Apr 25, 2011