No registration required

[GUIDE][07-07-2014] List of phones in/compatible with ATT Family/MediaNet Plan

OP kaijura

13th April 2012, 03:25 AM   |  #81  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 10

452 posts
More
used the international HTC ONE X S720e for about 30min and no issues with media net. How long does it take for AT&T to send a message if they detect smartphone?
13th April 2012, 04:09 AM   |  #82  
MD
Thanks Meter: 36

433 posts
More
So, any way to change the model name of any given phone to essentially further this thought? With how deep all the rom modding is here, I really don't see why not.
13th April 2012, 05:37 AM   |  #83  
Thanks Meter: 7

50 posts
I really want to use this medianet thing..the problem is, most of the international phones I'm looking at don't have U.S. warranty? For those of you that bought non-US smartphones to use with medianet, which stores/websites did you guys end up buying from that would help deal with repairs if something were to happen? TIA
13th April 2012, 05:57 AM   |  #84  
Thanks Meter: 5

31 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 151max

It seems that hack only works for some Samsung phones.

Which phones?
13th April 2012, 04:50 PM   |  #85  
Thanks Meter: 1

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuildUpNow

Which phones?

I don't own Samsung phones and don't have a list. From the information in this thread, it works with galaxy s. I read it on the forum that galaxy s ii can use the method too. But don't take my word for it. Google or search xda for 'samsung efs folder' and you will see people talking about how to backup and restore that folder. In your case, you will want to backup and them delete.

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookeyster

I really want to use this medianet thing..the problem is, most of the international phones I'm looking at don't have U.S. warranty? For those of you that bought non-US smartphones to use with medianet, which stores/websites did you guys end up buying from that would help deal with repairs if something were to happen? TIA

Since the warranty in most cases are offered by the manufacturer, I doubt there are stores offering warranty on international models. The only unlocked phones with warranty are those officially released by the manufacturers in the country you live in. In us, I can only think of Nokia and maybe the nexus line.

I would buy a phone without warranty if the price is low enough to justify the risk. I would value a one year warranty to be worth fifty dollars on a five hundred dollar phone.

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skv012a

So, any way to change the model name of any given phone to essentially further this thought? With how deep all the rom modding is here, I really don't see why not.

It's easier to change phone name than imei. For android , I think it's in build.prop file. But it should nt matter to the carrier. They only detect model by imei. I know this first hand, because when I flashed the desire hd rom on my inspire hd. The phone shows desire hd in the about page, but AT&T never failed to tell I have inspire hd.
The Following User Says Thank You to 151max For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th April 2012, 12:04 AM   |  #86  
Thanks Meter: 0

34 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeet909

HTC Radar gets HSPA+

4 meg downloads and 2 meg uploads in Washington DC area.

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 PM ----------

It had been working fine until I downloaded HTC Connection app from app store. Whatever it did, it made all the AT&T bloatware available in the Marketplace. It also blocked Internet sharing. There was nothing I could do to fix that and I had to reset the phone to get it working again. So, for win mo 7.5 folks with HTC phones:
1) disable all auto updates. Do updates with your SIM out if at all
2) don't download/enable HTC Connection app - it will lock features on your phone per the wishes of your carrier. You can manually update the APN to get data and tethering to work.

Using a Titan II and I have medianet. Picked up a newer sim and inserted it into the phone. 4G reception, but data did not work until I added an APN (wap.cingular). Internet is working now, but MMS and tethering is not. I was previously using an xperia play r800a and everything worked including MMS and tethering.

Noticed that Windows 7.5 mango doesn't really give you many options to edit APN settings. Hmm, maybe I'll head back to xplay...
16th April 2012, 02:51 PM   |  #87  
Flag NEPA
Thanks Meter: 18

268 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krillin

Using a Titan II and I have medianet...

Was it an AT&T branded Titan II? Where did you get it? I was looking at that, but didn't want to get bumped from my unlimited medianet plan.
16th April 2012, 04:18 PM   |  #88  
Flag Tennessee
Thanks Meter: 211

2,492 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lantern20

Was it an AT&T branded Titan II? Where did you get it? I was looking at that, but didn't want to get bumped from my unlimited medianet plan.

I would guess it came from UK/Canada. I get almost all my phones from Canada.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookeyster

I've never had an issue with warranties. I also don't keep a phone for more than 1-3 months either...

Expansys USA does provide a warranty through them though.
18th April 2012, 03:26 PM   |  #89  
Flag NEPA
Thanks Meter: 18

268 posts
More
[QUOTE=sk337sk337;24922144]I would guess it came from UK/Canada. I get almost all my phones from Canada.
QUOTE]

Ok, great! I wasn't aware the Titan II was released anywhere but AT&T. Can you tell me where you got it?

Thanks!
19th April 2012, 09:42 PM   |  #90  
Flag Missouri City, TX
Thanks Meter: 10

506 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckong1

used the international HTC ONE X S720e for about 30min and no issues with media net. How long does it take for AT&T to send a message if they detect smartphone?

It's pretty much random. Seen people be able to get away with it for less then a few minutes to the most a little over a month. Even when I go change out phones it took them a long time to figure out (5 weeks).

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
medianet
Previous Thread Next Thread