5,598,980 Members 31,751 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

New firmware, V21Y for G2X showing in LGMobile Support Tool

Tip us?

cmarticus
Old
Thanks Meter 4
It roots easy enough with super one click. Might as well update and just root it rather than wait

mustangtim49
Old
Thanks Meter 537

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt3g View Post
well damn, I had my phone completely bone stock last night, and kinda wish last night was tonight, lol. I'm debating whether or not I want to do this or just wait for the modded rom to come out... what's your thoughts peeps!?!?!?
Hey bro, kwes told me he'll have it ready possibly today. I just rooted it with j-boxer's flashable root. Worked perfectly. I'm telling you, this is so nice, don't get me wrong, I love all of our cm9 kangs, but nothing compares to a factory release. This b!tch is tight! It will take a lot to go back to bugging after this.

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium

mustangtim49
Old
Thanks Meter 537

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarticus View Post
It roots easy enough with super one click. Might as well update and just root it rather than wait
What version? I just tried twice with 2.2 and no dice. The flashable root works also.

cmarticus
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangtim49 View Post
What version? I just tried twice with 2.2 and no dice. The flashable root works also.

2.3.3 super one click http://shortfuse.org/?page_id=2

wyldkard
Old
Thanks Meter 66
This is great news but who will dev for it? Mr. Apocalypse is the only dev in the past few months to work on stock rom, and he's moved on to ICS.

hopefully we can convince him to take another shot at it unless kwes will put some work in. Maybe hell will give it a try.

T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3
SlimKat 2.5
dkp kernel
TWRP 2.6.3.1

Nexus 7 (2012)
AOKP
Kernel: franco.r77

mt3g
Old
Thanks Meter 3118

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyldkard View Post
This is great news but who will dev for it? Mr. Apocalypse is the only dev in the past few months to work on stock rom, and he's moved on to ICS.

hopefully we can convince him to take another shot at it unless kwes will put some work in. Maybe hell will give it a try.

did you not read the thread even a little bit? Kwes just was mentioned that he was gonna work on a stock rom with edits for us?
**HTC Uno Crew**
***Former RC Crew***

wyldkard
Old
Thanks Meter 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt3g View Post
well damn, I had my phone completely bone stock last night, and kinda wish last night was tonight, lol. I'm debating whether or not I want to do this or just wait for the modded rom to come out... what's your thoughts peeps!?!?!?
sounded to me like he was just going to make a rooted flashable. He didnt really mention anything else. Anyhow, Im just happy somebody will be working on it.

On a side note, maybe LG has released something useful for the O2x that can be ported over.
T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3
SlimKat 2.5
dkp kernel
TWRP 2.6.3.1

Nexus 7 (2012)
AOKP
Kernel: franco.r77

dragonrider8844
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by desynch- View Post
v21y RIL attached for whoever's looking for it
Thanks for this. Sent this to the developer of getril as well

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dragonrider8844 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kwes1020
Old
Thanks Meter 876

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyldkard View Post
sounded to me like he was just going to make a rooted flashable. He didnt really mention anything else. Anyhow, Im just happy somebody will be working on it.

On a side note, maybe LG has released something useful for the O2x that can be ported over.
My plans are a rooted flash able. Then I'll work on porting weapons functionality to it. I'm messing with it right now.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
Devices: Maguro Galaxy Nexus, LG T-Mobile G2x, SGS 4G, Vibrant

If you like my work or I have helped you please click Thanks!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kwes1020 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mustangtim49
Old
(Last edited by mustangtim49; 16th April 2012 at 03:30 PM.)
Thanks Meter 537

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwes1020 View Post
My plans are a rooted flash able. Then I'll work on porting weapons functionality to it. I'm messing with it right now.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
That's awesome man, you've come pretty far in a short amount of time. I was flashing all your themes just last year and now we await a rom. Good work man, I'm jealous. They don't let me get any free time over at ACS, I'll never get to improve my skills! I tried flashing j-boxers 2.3.4 kernal, nope. It needs a little more on the loud pedal. :banghead:

Tags
firmware, lgmobile support tool, update, upgrade, v21y