Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,719 Members 38,170 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Cant get phone to stay on after boot...

Tip us?

kng60ft
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Cant get phone to stay on after boot...

ok so i unlocked bootloader and rooted. then put on the clockwork, so now im ready to put on a rom but i ran into this problem. when i go into recovery i cant select anything when i press the power button. everytime i press the power button to select anything it just shows me the clockwork symbal in the middle of the screen. so when i boot the phone it loads and gets to the my live wallpaper and starts to run slow and skip then reboot itself. so can someone please help me because i know its not bricked but i would love to be able to select something so i can load this rom. hell i would love to just get the phone to stay on to do anything...

yojoe600
Old
Thanks Meter 427

DONATE TO ME
i will offer all the help you want if you will flash to amonr ra instead of cwm it will keep u from head aches later... trust me

My Current Devices:
Blue HTC One

Previous:
HTC Rezound- Turning into a webcam?
Nexus 7 (2013)- Gave it to my Mother
Droid Incredible -Sitting in some drawer
Samsung Omnia SOLD

Follow me!
https://twitter.com/yojoe600

kng60ft
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
OK I will switch to armon as soon as I can get the battery charged to get the ohine to boot up since it wint charge for longer than 10 sec.

mjones73
Old
Thanks Meter 771

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kng60ft View Post
OK I will switch to armon as soon as I can get the battery charged to get the ohine to boot up since it wint charge for longer than 10 sec.
That would be from running CWM... great recovery, just not for this phone.

yojoe600
Old
Thanks Meter 427

DONATE TO ME
plug phone in with charger should allow u to boot into hboot... flash amonra and then u can start charging sith amonra

My Current Devices:
Blue HTC One

Previous:
HTC Rezound- Turning into a webcam?
Nexus 7 (2013)- Gave it to my Mother
Droid Incredible -Sitting in some drawer
Samsung Omnia SOLD

Follow me!
https://twitter.com/yojoe600

kng60ft
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
So ive tried to get the phone to boot or turn on while charging and it wont even turn on. when i plug it in and the orange light comes on i hold the power and volume down button and nothing happens then the light goes out. this sucks

kng60ft
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
ok so i have the armon recovery on he phone and i downloaded the rom i want to use but now im trapped on how to get the boot.img onto the system. do i have to have the boot.img to get the phone to work? also why wasnt the boot.img included in the rom when most rom have this already included?what do i type in the command to get the boot.img onto the phone?

mjh68
Old
Thanks Meter 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by kng60ft View Post
ok so i have the armon recovery on he phone and i downloaded the rom i want to use but now im trapped on how to get the boot.img onto the system. do i have to have the boot.img to get the phone to work? also why wasnt the boot.img included in the rom when most rom have this already included?what do i type in the command to get the boot.img onto the phone?
depending upon the rom , most are included but some aren't . Because flashing the boot.img is the most complete way to avoid errors with mainver...issues with the ph98img file etc...
In Amon Ra, wipe like you normally do installing a rom and install rom. Once done, while still in recovery go back to main recovery menu and select developer options. Under that menu.. select reboot to bootloader.
Now, make sure you have your phone connected to the computer using the usb cord. Select fastboot, so now with phone connected you should see fastbootusb in white letters over a red background.

Take the boot.img you downloaded and make sure its not in a zip file and place it in the folder you used to unlock which contains fastboot.
Bring up your command prompt like you did to unlock, change directory to that folder if need be.
Then simply type fastboot flash boot boot.img then you will see finding, sending , writing.. bla bla bla .. should finish by showing you the total time taking the process. Now.. simply reboot phone and you will now boot into your Rom.