5,601,062 Members 46,493 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Which Ultra-Slim Case Has the Tallest Lip?

Tip us?

Budge
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Default Which Ultra-Slim Case Has the Tallest Lip?

I'm looking for an ultra-slim case that has the tallest lip to protect the display. I'd like to add a Glas.t screen protector, but that adds to the screen's height.

The choices so far are the Rearth Ringke Slim, the Elago Slim, and the Incipio Feather. From what I've read, the Elago may be the best choice. Can anyone who's tried all of these weigh in?

schrochem
Old
Thanks Meter 105
I had the elago but returned it. It didn't have a lip. It also only had three corners protected because one is open for the intl radio.
Also, the top and bottom were 'open' and where I put my pinky finger to cradle the phone one handed hit the case funny.
I'm still carrying naked but ordered a cheap one off amazon

I'll get that Tuesday and report back

Budge
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
It seems like most of the tpu cases have a lip to protect the screen. What's the thinnest tpu case? I've seen the 0.2mm one on ebay, but it' does not have a lip.

rkcarter12
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Ringke SLIM

Has a small lip across the top and bottom of the case. Minimal bulk, with just enough lip to keep it off a flat surface. Coupled with the screen protector it comes with, it's good protection for laying it face down on most surfaces.

fishing.laguna.madre
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Default Elago OK!

Saw the earlier feedback, but for what it's worth... my Elago G4 slim has allowed my device to survive four (!) drops so far. I'm very pleased with it, and especially like the feel and "grip-ability" of the case.... which was NOT related to my drops (instead, these were due to my overly "friendly" DOG!... LOL).

Budge
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
From reading other posts, it seems that the Elago has a taller lip than the Incipio, but I haven't read or seen a direct comparison of the Elago and the Rearth. I have read that the Rearth is thinner/lighter than the Elago, but you can tell that the Elago's lip covers more surface area around the display (top & bottom vs both sides).

Froid
Old
(Last edited by Froid; 16th April 2012 at 09:25 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1273

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budge View Post
It seems like most of the tpu cases have a lip to protect the screen. What's the thinnest tpu case? I've seen the 0.2mm one on ebay, but it' does not have a lip.
Just ordered this one in clear/white. The pics looked like it had a lip. I should get it tomorrow. It better have a lip or it's goin back. Just looking for some grip. Not expecting any protection. I'll report back when received.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Budge
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
I ordered that one in black, too. It's really hard to tell from the pictures, but I don't think it has a lip. But for $2.99, I'll keep it anyway.

Froid
Old
Thanks Meter 1273

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budge View Post
I ordered that one in black, too. It's really hard to tell from the pictures, but I don't think it has a lip. But for $2.99, I'll keep it anyway.
I agree. Thought it did til I took a second look at it. Like you said, for 3 bucks......I'll keep it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

erick161
Old
Thanks Meter 173
Diztronic tpu case is what I'm using. Its fantastic. Thin, light and protects all edges aand all holes line up perfectly

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA
-Current Devices-
Samsung Galaxy Gear
-Stock...for now
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 i317
-SkyNote Air Note 3 Edition
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
-Android Revolution HD 11.1
Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0
-BeanStalk 4.4KK
Motorola Atrix 4G
-Turl V8 CM9