DEV ONLY - NAND access + Full Unlock for Lumia 710 & 800

Tip us?

PoorCollegeGuy
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 363

DONATE TO ME
Hello there,

sorry to temporarily derail your thread (you've got some badass development going on in here), but I just wanted to let ya know that this thread has been featured on the XDA Portal.

here's the link:
http://www.xda-developers.com/window...a-710-and-800/

I hope you enjoy it, keep up the awesome work
The Following User Says Thank You to PoorCollegeGuy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xsacha
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmaTheLegend View Post
probably there are more checks in the program. Try to remove them and hope it works ! Thanks and good luck,
Ordinarily I would except that that this is the bootloader on the device and I can't change it (which is the problem).
Nokia 2600 (2004) -> Samsung i780 (2007) -> Nokia 5800 (2008) -> Nokia N8 (2010) -> Nokia C7 (2011) -> Nokia E7 (2011) -> Nokia X7 (2011) -> Nokia E6 (2011) -> Nokia N9 (2011) -> Nokia Lumia 800 (2012)

I still own them all and all still work.

biktor_gj
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by rescbr View Post
I'm not so sure about cab method not affecting BL. Many files inside of this cab seems to have to do with the CE Bootloader (ULDR), which seems to be related to modes such as Factory Test, etc.

Zune can flash bootloaders (Nokia.First.dll is flashed by Zune). Even if Zune couldn't flash bootloaders, it is possible that some software/driver inside one of those .cabs does the flashing step.

OEM_7x30_MODEM.cab.pkg is very interesting, unfortunately encrypted. Why is there a MODEM file? Is it the firmware for the ARM9 "hypervisor" (REX/AMSS) core (MODEM filename suggests this)?

Another question that just popped on my head: Qualcomm/Nokia OSBL runs in the ARM9 core or in ARM11 core? This page suggests that OSBL runs on ARM9. Is this valid to Nokia too? ULDR seems to be equivalent to hboot.

Does other .cab updates contains such files (MODEM, ULDR, etc)?
Windows Phone has access to the AMSS, ADSP & EMMCBOOT.MBN. In fact, it has access to the 3rd partition of the phone where that is stored, so it probably can also modify the contents on the rest of partitions, including the bootloader. The problem is if you need the unlocked bootloader to unlock windows, and you need to unlock windows to unlock the bootloader... infinite loop

That is unless someone finds a hole in some Nokia firmware..
The Following User Says Thank You to biktor_gj For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ceesheim
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 1867

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by biktor_gj View Post
Windows Phone has access to the AMSS, ADSP & EMMCBOOT.MBN. In fact, it has access to the 3rd partition of the phone where that is stored, so it probably can also modify the contents on the rest of partitions, including the bootloader. The problem is if you need the unlocked bootloader to unlock windows, and you need to unlock windows to unlock the bootloader... infinite loop

pm Cotulla , he looked at the bootloader ( he is the one who hacked almost all new phones ) from nokia and told that there are some possibilities.

so tell him who you are and what you already did then he can maybe help you.

the hottest geek girl in the world SassiBoB, SassyBoB, Sassy BoB, sassibob

Iron Fist !!!

XDA-Developers is all about Developers

warriorvibhu
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 154
Quote:
To make your work much easier .. Here is COTULLA.. must seek his help.. joint development is something that can really help us in big ways .. BTW i dont even have a Lumia ..Just interested in how things were going here..
regards
The Following User Says Thank You to warriorvibhu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ombadboy
Old
Thanks Meter 12

DONATE TO ME
Can he not join the thread? If he spread his knowledge we could all chip in and figure it out! Unfortunately I don't have a locked bootloader Lumia to test stuff out, so am going on instinct here! (and I dont want to flash and lock it for testing purposes :P)

xsacha
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by ombadboy View Post
(and I dont want to flash and lock it for testing purposes :P)
Damn I had already hit reply to suggest this.
Nokia 2600 (2004) -> Samsung i780 (2007) -> Nokia 5800 (2008) -> Nokia N8 (2010) -> Nokia C7 (2011) -> Nokia E7 (2011) -> Nokia X7 (2011) -> Nokia E6 (2011) -> Nokia N9 (2011) -> Nokia Lumia 800 (2012)

I still own them all and all still work.

biktor_gj
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsacha View Post
Damn I had already hit reply to suggest this.
No worries, that's why I have two of them

Bph&co
Old
Thanks Meter 100
Quote:
No worries, that's why I have two of them
Hi,

Just a thought - you can patch all certificate checks in the Nokia loader before
loading it to the phone.

Also here the latest Nss beta, with detailed debugging - phone responces and
parsing data, in case someone wants to play more with the certificates.

BR

ultrashot
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2016
Just to note - we've just released new OSBuilder. Again - BE VERY CAREFUL! Especially if you don't have experience in ROM Building.
Nokia Lumia 920, Samsung Ativ S (T899 TMOUS, engineering), HTC 8X (partially broken)
Mozart and Titan: Dynamics v2.2 ROM
X1i and HD2: Dynamics v2.4 ROM
http://ultrashot.net

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ultrashot For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
android, bootloader, full unlock, interopunlock, nand