Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,194 Members 52,300 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: which launcher should be installed by default?
trebuchet (current) 336 44.04%
nova launcher (default in AOKP for phones) 427 55.96%
Voters: 763. You may not vote on this poll

[ROM] [ICS|MTD] [GSM/CDMA] AOKP SGT7 - Milestone #6 (19/09/2012)

Tip us?

priyana
Old
Thanks Meter 1,258
Hi stimpz0r,

You are too kind.
Anyone who read xda forums and attempts anything suggested in it is more or less already on their own.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA
"Use overcome method to restock your GT-P1000"
Overcome files are alive.
[ROM][2.3.6] Overcome Rom 4.1.0 new links
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1881981

avishai0528
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpz0r View Post
big difference. GT-P1000 is GSM (which this rom is for), Verizon is CDMA (and has a model of SPH(SCH)-100. both are different in certain ways, which means that if you flash a Verizon (CDMA) rom on a GSM tablet, then you may potentially brick it (or it just wont work).

this rom is not official, it means that you wont find it on AOKP's download pages, you wont find it on their github, and you wont get any help asking them about this build. it is not supported by TeamKang (creators of AOKP), and may never be. do not attempt to download any of the roms on their website / forums and flash them on to a GSM GalaxyTab. downloading roms built for other devices will cause you great heartache and either turn your tablet into an expensive brick, or you will have to restock / reflash your tablet.

(the above paragraph is going in the first post to warn other people, whoever doesn't follow this and goes ahead and flashes an incorrect version and bricks / damages their tablet from here on in, is completely on their own.)

Thank you very much.

agustincordoba
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by supreetv View Post
i am a newbie
my GT is working OK after installation today, but extrenal memry card is not recognised. pls confirm
Probably is recognised, just mounted in a different location.Try looking in /mnt/emmc, that it's where it now mounts by default instead of /sd card/external_sd. If you want to change this I believe elsewhere in the thread it is explained how to alter the mount point. This is similar to modifying fstab in Linux. Somebody please correct me if I'm mistaken.
My grain of sand from Spain

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk

laxanoulis1
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by salahmed View Post
I had this situation before, if you have file manager apk, you can add it to the gapps.zip , paste it in the folder system\app and then flash it from recovery.
By the way the Bluetooth is working but it will not receive APK files.
Try to rename the file extent from .apk to .zip and it will work.
Someone mentioned that on a previous post.

rikiau123
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Hi guys, thanks for the excellent work, a question, 32 okay for p1000 European?. Thank you

astuermer
Old
Thanks Meter 103
Is the camera working on this build?!
Samsung Galaxy S5 - Android 4.4.4 CM11
nVidia Shield Portable - Android 4.4.2 Stock

rslee
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Not yet.

Sent from my GT-P1000L using Tapatalk

amace04
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by astuermer View Post
Is the camera working on this build?!
Not complaining, but just curious.

Is the non-camera issue a driver issue still? Is this something that is just going to take time, or is it likely never going to happen?

I have an Evo 3D which has ICS ports, but also no camera. Won't be resolved until HTC releases ICS for it. Since this tab is never officially getting ICS, does this mean we're all SOL, or all in due time?

Wakatsik
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by amace04 View Post
Not complaining, but just curious.

Is the non-camera issue a driver issue still? Is this something that is just going to take time, or is it likely never going to happen?

I have an Evo 3D which has ICS ports, but also no camera. Won't be resolved until HTC releases ICS for it. Since this tab is never officially getting ICS, does this mean we're all SOL, or all in due time?
in this build stock camera is WORKING but only in landscape mode.

you can use "angel camera DX" for alternative camera for picture & video recording but torch/flash is still not yet working but everything is working 100%.

i could say that this is 95% near perfect.

js4tda
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Is there phone?

First thanks for the work on ROM. Had a question running a very old version of overcome rom with the robeet script to switch to 2g for phone. Does this have phone in hdspa mode? And can I just then flash as is in the directions? Thanks for your guys help.