5,600,664 Members 37,650 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Google services framework HELP!!!

Tip us?

jon68
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Google services framework HELP!!!

I consider myself to be somewhat intelligent, mostly when it comes to being able to read, write, and search for things on the internet. I have searched these forums and others and only found two references to this question with no answers. Forgive me if my self inflated ego of being able to find answers online is misplaced.

When I try to install the Google services framework (googleservicesframework.apk) on my kindle fire I get the message "application not installed". What am I doing wrong? How do I install this? I am trying to install google apps, namely gmail. After I got the "application not installed" I did reset the device and install the gmail.apk but to no avail, the app would not even open.

I am running 6.2.2 and have recently rooted my kindle and have superuser access. I understand that root is not necessary to install google services framework but I did it nonetheless in hopes that it would help (which it has not).

I know others have had this problem, but I have not found any advice anywhere on this, please help!!! Thanks!

b63
Old
Thanks Meter 453
if you'r rooted and put the googleservicesframework.apk in /system/app then there is no need to install it (yes it will fail) - just restart the kf - you'll see it running ...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to b63 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jon68
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for the response! After pasting the googleservicesframework.apk to /system/app and restarting I do not see the application under "running applications", in fact I didnt even see it under "all applications". I know you said there was no need to install the app, but after I didnt see it running I tried to install it anyway then reset, it didnt help.
Its probably good to mention that ive tried this with multiple apks, ive read that there are different ones although I cant seem to tell which ones are different.
Any other advice??

Kranix
Old
Thanks Meter 4
This is the .apk I used on both my KF and my wife's KF. In fact I just installed it on hers last night. Hopefully it works for you.
Attached Files
File Type: apk GoogleServicesFramework.apk - [Click for QR Code] (2.14 MB, 32604 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kranix For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jon68
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
It Worked!! It must have just been the difference in the apk. Thanks so much for the help guys!

Thurstan
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Argh. Sorry all, having searched everywhere and found this thread I did what you said and STILL get Application Not Installed.

Can anyone offer me advice? Much appreciated if so.

b63
Old
Thanks Meter 453
look at post #2 !

CMCKROC
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default This worked for me also

Thanks. I was having the same problem with my Kindle and this version worked for me also.

cyberranger87
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kranix View Post
This is the .apk I used on both my KF and my wife's KF. In fact I just installed it on hers last night. Hopefully it works for you.
Thank you so much! I had a link to an older apk that did not work correctly. With that apk and "Any Cut", I was able to create a shortcut to "Accounts and sync" to get my gmail contacts and mail syncing properly.

eazyigz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Not an APK file

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kranix View Post
Hello,
the link you provided is not an APK file. Rather, it is a ZIP file.

Tags
application not installed, error, google services framework, kindle fire, root