Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,360 Members 50,014 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][ICS] CM9-based Port [Updated: Nov 5th '12]

Tip us?

sd73ta
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsusparky621 View Post
Anyone having trouble with voice search/speech-to-text? When I access it from the Google Search widget, it opens then closes. When I open it from the keyboard, it doesn't recognize that I am saying anything.
anyone figure this out yet? i am having the same problem when using the keyboard mic. It doesnt recognize me saying anything either. I use this feature all the time (terrible typer). Thanks in advance
GNexus AOKP

WinSuk
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd73ta View Post
anyone figure this out yet? i am having the same problem when using the keyboard mic. It doesnt recognize me saying anything either. I use this feature all the time (terrible typer). Thanks in advance
Problem seems to be with libvoicesearch.so, which comes with the gapps package... so it could be compiled only for ARMv7..

Replacing it with the one from the Gingerbread gapps just causes it to force close..
The Following User Says Thank You to WinSuk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

munjeni
Old
(Last edited by munjeni; 16th April 2012 at 02:20 PM.)
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 16,128
Finaly some progress with camera -> http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/7...2041612164.png but problem again with ioctl + new problem:
Code:
E/mm-camera( 1054): cam_frame: MSM_CAM_IOCTL_RELEASE_FRAME_BUFFER error Invalid argument
Fail to load bitmap. java.io.FileNotFoundException: /data/data/com.android.camera/files/last_thumb
logcat -> http://paste.ubuntu.com/932494/
What is last_thumb?

zeubea
Old
(Last edited by zeubea; 16th April 2012 at 07:29 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1,367
Hi Munjeni, Winsuk and cia, great work overall,

About camera, I am trying fix it for Legend, too, and I have also reached this point. I think the libcamera of reference used is not so bad as rewriting the driver. The IOCTL errors is because we have to find out the ioctls for our camera, I suppose. I have made an kernel with debug for MSM_CAMERA and I have got this trace for taking a picture in froyo (in legend, although liboemcamera is the same). It suppose there are some ioctls easy ( CAMERA_SET_PARM_CONTRAST=6,
CAMERA_SET_PARM_BRIGHTNESS=7, etc) but the traces are inteleaved and it is not easy for me extract the command sequence for, for example, start_preview. Well, I hope this had been useful. Thanks to everybody.

zeubea

http://pastebin.com/embed_js.php?i=nF1CDmmP

Edit--

libcamera and liboemcamera has got equal size but they are different. So, I suppose the ioctls could no be the same.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zeubea For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

munjeni
Old
(Last edited by munjeni; 16th April 2012 at 07:08 PM.)
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 16,128
Please give me fm.app and libcamera.so, need to try something!

edit:
ok will download your build now, in any way thanks!

InsanelyMe
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Great rom! Love it. Very fast and becomes stable after a little, just have to let it load. One thing, when will app2sd become available since aria has very little room

Sent from my Liberty using XDA

sd73ta
Old
Thanks Meter 19
I've been using this and I was able to move stuff to my SD card. Granted I don't use a lot of apps.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....gphone.app2sd
Sent from my Liberty using xda premium
GNexus AOKP

WinSuk
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 829
Try S2E in the first post
You'll need an EXT partition on your SD card..
More info here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=917377
The Following User Says Thank You to WinSuk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tommyguns818
Old
Thanks Meter 63
The S2E link in first post even worked with Munjeni's ICS. It would also be great to get the facebook sync fixed which someone found a fix a couple pages back. Just a word from a bird. Thxs. Great work as always.

WinSuk
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyguns818 View Post
The S2E link in first post even worked with Munjeni's ICS. It would also be great to get the facebook sync fixed which someone found a fix a couple pages back. Just a word from a bird. Thxs. Great work as always.
That will have to be added by CM, which they already did, but it was reverted.

Tags
cm9, cyanogenmod, ice cream sandwich, ics