[ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe - Custom CM7.2 for Nook Color - 07272013

16th April 2012, 01:35 PM   |  #1001  
Thanks Meter: 19

110 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrg666

I would avoid excessive complexity of the later versions.

Updates are meant for more than just adding complexity, wouldn't you agree?
(I'm talking about bug fixes).
16th April 2012, 02:19 PM   |  #1002  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4,190

1,786 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by boyoboyo

Updates are meant for more than just adding complexity, wouldn't you agree?
(I'm talking about bug fixes).

There are several properties set by the Supercharger script, that is all needed for our purpose on NC. Supercharger script runs only in the boot time to set those properties and the rest is done by the Android OS. There isn't any bugs for such a simple task and the script has grown to an enormous size just for a couple of OOM optimizations we need.

In the next build, I will set those OOM properties in the ROM and remove the recommendation of Supercharger from the OP since it will not be needed anymore. The current users of Supercharger script will either need to remove it or do a clean wipe before flashing the next build. And we will direct all of the further Supercharger questions to its original thread.
The Following User Says Thank You to mrg666 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th April 2012, 03:53 PM   |  #1003  
Recognized Developer
New Orleans
Thanks Meter: 3,511

1,977 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:

Update 8 does not need to be rerun after updating the ROM. I don't recommend the later versions of Supercharger. The additional features do not add any noticeable benefit. Supercharger update 8 is sufficient for helping with the low memory of NC. I would avoid excessive complexity of the later versions.

Well, I haven't gone through the script for update 8 as much as I did the later RC's, that's for sure. And reading code is less than second nature for me, to be quite honest. I just remembered that the unsupercharge and unkernalize options checked in system for the 99supercharger file in update 8 as well.

Thanks!

Edit: You just posted in between my writing this and pressing submit or I would have let it lie. Thanks for the builds!
Last edited by mateorod; 16th April 2012 at 03:55 PM.
16th April 2012, 07:06 PM   |  #1004  
OP Senior Member

1,786 posts
Donate to Me
More
MiRaGe 04162012
I have uploaded the new 04162012 build.

Although I have synced with the CM repo, main reason for this build is integrating the OOM optimizations in the ROM. The following changes has been done in the corresponding lines in init.rc.

Code:
    setprop ro.FOREGROUND_APP_ADJ 0
    setprop ro.VISIBLE_APP_ADJ 3
    setprop ro.PERCEPTIBLE_APP_ADJ 2
    setprop ro.HEAVY_WEIGHT_APP_ADJ 4
    setprop ro.SECONDARY_SERVER_ADJ 5
    setprop ro.BACKUP_APP_ADJ 6
    setprop ro.HOME_APP_ADJ 2
    setprop ro.HIDDEN_APP_MIN_ADJ 7
    setprop ro.EMPTY_APP_ADJ 15
    setprop ro.FOREGROUND_APP_MEM 1536
    setprop ro.VISIBLE_APP_MEM 3072
    setprop ro.PERCEPTIBLE_APP_MEM 1024
    setprop ro.HEAVY_WEIGHT_APP_MEM 19200
    setprop ro.SECONDARY_SERVER_MEM 19200
    setprop ro.BACKUP_APP_MEM 25600
    setprop ro.HOME_APP_MEM 1024
    setprop ro.HIDDEN_APP_MEM 25600
    setprop ro.EMPTY_APP_MEM 38400
    write /sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/adj 0,3,5,7,14,15
    write /sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/minfree 1536,3072,19200,25600,32000,38400
Since there is no need to use V6 supercharger script anymore, you can run the script to uninstall it before flashing this build. If you still want to use V6 supercharger, you can keep it and choose your favorite settings. The settings above will simply be overwritten. Please post your related questions to the V6 Supercharger thread.

As always thanks to dalingrin, fattire, keyodi, and all of the CM developers. A special thanks to zeppelinrox for his V6 Supercharger that we have used so far.

Edit:
I had a PM about uninstalling V6 Supercharger script. Please do the followings assuming you are keeping V6 Supercharger script that you had downloaded from the V6 thread to your /sdcard directory.
- Run terminal emulator and use the following commands
- Type "su" without the quotations and tap enter
- Type "cd /sdcard" without the quotations and tap enter
- Type "sh V6*" without the quotations and tap enter. V6 script will run.
- tap "0" for selecting scrolling speed and tap enter
- tap "14" to select option UnSuperCharger and tap enter
- tap "17" to exit and tap enter
Done!
You can delete the V6 Supercharger script and other related files from your sdcard after this. If you had already deleted them without the steps above, it does not mean you have uninstalled the script.
Last edited by mrg666; 16th April 2012 at 09:52 PM.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to mrg666 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th April 2012, 08:03 PM   |  #1005  
Flag Traverse City
Thanks Meter: 211

1,355 posts
More
I just put cm9 on my wife's NC and its pretty laggy To say say the least. This rom looks pretty impressive any body try the latest build how is the performance/stability.? I will be installing it on internal not SD card. She really llike cm9 but wants Netflix and YouTube.

Thanks

Sent from my Iconia A500 using Tapatalk 2
16th April 2012, 10:29 PM   |  #1006  
Flag Milwaukee
Thanks Meter: 6

48 posts
More
Just flashed 4/16 Rom ...
Just downloaded and flashed the new 4/16 rom... replaced the 4/7 rom... runs faster it seems and still super stable .

-dincdoes.me -- Have been running these builds for a few months and they are super stable and fast ... Highly recommended !! Planning on running these til ICS gets better and more ready for daily driving.

THANX Mrg666 !! Your builds rock!!

Tinpau
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tinpau60 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th April 2012, 10:54 PM   |  #1007  
Thanks Meter: 125

205 posts
potential optimizations
mrg666,

It seems there are couple of optimizations that could be made if you are interested.

Turn off read access time for the sdcard and emmc. Inspiration here. Just the first part of that script. It appears to be off everywhere else that I think matters.

Turn on ext4 journaling write back mode. Inspiration here.

Frank
The Following User Says Thank You to frankusb For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th April 2012, 12:07 AM   |  #1008  
OP Senior Member

1,786 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankusb

mrg666,

It seems there are couple of optimizations that could be made if you are interested.

Turn off read access time for the sdcard and emmc. Inspiration here. Just the first part of that script. It appears to be off everywhere else that I think matters.

Turn on ext4 journaling write back mode. Inspiration here.

Frank

Thanks, there are so many options in those links. Not all of them are applicable, some of them may be unsuitable, Let's test them one by one in the future builds.
17th April 2012, 02:52 AM   |  #1009  
Thanks Meter: 125

205 posts
Quote:

Thanks, there are so many options in those links. Not all of them are applicable, some of them may be unsuitable, Let's test them one by one in the future builds.

Say how far you want me to go. I'll be glad to provide what I think is appropriate for the Nook Color out of those scripts. But ultimately it's your ROM.

Frank
17th April 2012, 03:46 AM   |  #1010  
Flag Traverse City
Thanks Meter: 211

1,355 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dincdoes.me

I just put cm9 on my wife's NC and its pretty laggy To say say the least. This rom looks pretty impressive any body try the latest build how is the performance/stability.? I will be installing it on internal not SD card. She really llike cm9 but wants Netflix and YouTube.

Thanks

Sent from my Iconia A500 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks a lot still have lag on net flux and I don't see hulu plus she love her ABC girly show and if I can get her off my 52" that would be great lol

Will that IME zip help get hulu or I have a modded hulu apk somewhere ..

Thanks for a great Rom! Very fast!

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread