5,597,501 Members 31,355 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

AT&T Release Date???

Tip us?

darkamikaze
Old
Thanks Meter 163
those are great pics if it really came from the One X.

Are there high res versions of those since the smaller ones usually hide the detail/imperfections?
"I once stuck my hand down my pants and I made lemonade out of it."
I think that's how that quote goes.

kennethpenn
Old
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3781

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkamikaze View Post
those are great pics if it really came from the One X.

Are there high res versions of those since the smaller ones usually hide the detail/imperfections?
http://www.nitrolicious.com/blog/201...e-italian-set/
http://www.nitrolicious.com/blog/201...o-beach-house/
http://www.nitrolicious.com/blog/201...he-setai-zuma/

Here's where those pics came from (I think). No high-res ones to be seen, but great examples of the One X's incredible camera capabilities.

JamesR913
Old
(Last edited by JamesR913; 16th April 2012 at 12:29 PM.)
Thanks Meter 44
I was all set to get the One X, and was starting to get excited about a possible 4/22 release. (My Inspire 4g is getting a little long in the tooth) but now after seeing this this morning

http://www.engadget.com/2012/04/16/s...3rd-in-london/

I am tempted to wait. I went and played with the Note this weekend and reall like the Samsung hardware but after running ICS on my Inspire I could never go back to GB.

UMGixxer
Old
Thanks Meter 13
If they do decide to unviel the SGS3 on 5/03 how long would one expect for it to launch in the US?
Samsung Captivate: SLIM ICS 3.5
HTC One X: Pending Rom

x3phyr
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by UMGixxer View Post
If they do decide to unviel the SGS3 on 5/03 how long would one expect for it to launch in the US?
barring a global release you're looking at september/november, like the Galaxy SII before it. Use your upgrade on a One X if you have one, and when the SIII is released, sell your One X for 400+ and essentially buy a Galaxy SIII at subsidized price off contract. 300 or so.
[Pol@Compy386]$: sh /life/goals/get_to_college
sh: /life/goals/get_to_college: no such file or directory
[Pol@Compy386]$: exit

UMGixxer
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by x3phyr View Post
barring a global release you're looking at september/november, like the Galaxy SII before it. Use your upgrade on a One X if you have one, and when the SIII is released, sell your One X for 400+ and essentially buy a Galaxy SIII at subsidized price off contract. 300 or so.
Yeah there is no way I could wait that long, and I will be using my upgrade to get the One XL and Im not one to just change phones in the middle of a contract, if I get it im gonna stick with it, although I have made great use out of my Captivate thru the use of dev roms and such, but htc has a completely different way of doing such things so I guess I need to start learning the ropes, because hopefully in the next couple weeks I will be the new proud owner of the One
Samsung Captivate: SLIM ICS 3.5
HTC One X: Pending Rom

s.m.knipe
Old
Thanks Meter 31
I know it holds no weight whatsoever (AT&T has made some pretty stupid marketing moves in the past), but I think the Samsung announcement on May 3rd is a pretty good indicator that we'll get the One XL on the 22nd. They need a cushion of the latest and greatest before the tech sites have something new and flashy to write about and bump up the Google search algorithm and news pages. In fact, I think they've hesitated too long already (the announcement is out and people's heads are already turned). It's just my two cents, but I really think this announcement will force AT&T's hand to try to keep their stock of One XL's they have coming/came(?) relevant and sold...

PS I am not saying that Samsung or the GSIII is will/be a better device (I think it will be on paper, but in my experience with 3 samsung galaxy devices real world use is lacking quite a bit- especially Touchwiz- so they will be roughly equals throughout this year), just that consumers naturally have short attention spans, and why would the less-informed of them buy something "old" that was announced and all the news is from back during the winter when this flashy new device is just around the corner. AT&T has historically taken the stance that it doesn't matter, either now or later they will get the sale- but if they had marketed the One XL heavy with hype these past two weeks and the upcoming one, they could have sales now AND potentially in the fall as well (from us device whores out there)...

Just thoughts, but I now definitely think we'll be seeing this device next week...

Again thanks to EGBTMagus and iamthedudeman for their insider info and intuitions, all things combined this looks more likely each day...
G1 -> Nexus 1 -> Craptivate -> Atrix 4G -> Galaxy Nexus
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to s.m.knipe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ZeroRilix
Old
Thanks Meter 41
+1. I couldn't of said it better and totally agree with every point you make, bro.

Sent from my HTC Vivid using XDA app

x3phyr
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by s.m.knipe View Post
I know it holds no weight whatsoever (AT&T has made some pretty stupid marketing moves in the past), but I think the Samsung announcement on May 3rd is a pretty good indicator that we'll get the One XL on the 22nd. They need a cushion of the latest and greatest before the tech sites have something new and flashy to write about and bump up the Google search algorithm and news pages. In fact, I think they've hesitated too long already (the announcement is out and people's heads are already turned). It's just my two cents, but I really think this announcement will force AT&T's hand to try to keep their stock of One XL's they have coming/came(?) relevant and sold...

PS I am not saying that Samsung or the GSIII is will/be a better device (I think it will be on paper, but in my experience with 3 samsung galaxy devices real world use is lacking quite a bit- especially Touchwiz- so they will be roughly equals throughout this year), just that consumers naturally have short attention spans, and why would the less-informed of them buy something "old" that was announced and all the news is from back during the winter when this flashy new device is just around the corner. AT&T has historically taken the stance that it doesn't matter, either now or later they will get the sale- but if they had marketed the One XL heavy with hype these past two weeks and the upcoming one, they could have sales now AND potentially in the fall as well (from us device whores out there)...

Just thoughts, but I now definitely think we'll be seeing this device next week...

Again thanks to EGBTMagus and iamthedudeman for their insider info and intuitions, all things combined this looks more likely each day...
My thoughts exactly. I think we'll see it sunday.
[Pol@Compy386]$: sh /life/goals/get_to_college
sh: /life/goals/get_to_college: no such file or directory
[Pol@Compy386]$: exit

vioalas
Old
Thanks Meter 100
I'm keeping my eyes and ears open these next two or three days. But you know what? I think it'd be a damn shame if AT&T announced a phone on Wednesday for a Sunday release. Part of it is the Lumia 900s fault. Part of it is because they know the people who preorder are waiting around, like us. GAH