XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can't flash .32 ROMs, .35 works OK

Tip us?

m00nchile
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Can't flash .32 ROMs, .35 works OK

Like the title said, I was trying to flash Geno or Ezet CM7 build and on both I got a boot loop. I followed the instructions to the letter, I first downgraded to Froyo (had the official GB update), did all the wipes and still nothing. Even restoring the backup image via CWM (back to official Froyo) got me into a boot loop. However, installing Aurora by dzo over the official GB rom goes without a hitch. I'd really like to try out a .32 CM7 rom, since I've heard so much good stuff about it, but just can't and Aurora does give me a few minor problems I'd rather live without (still an awesome rom, dzo is a really cool dude).

fjsferreira
Old
Thanks Meter 864
Quote:
Originally Posted by m00nchile View Post
Like the title said, I was trying to flash Geno or Ezet CM7 build and on both I got a boot loop. I followed the instructions to the letter, I first downgraded to Froyo (had the official GB update), did all the wipes and still nothing. Even restoring the backup image via CWM (back to official Froyo) got me into a boot loop. However, installing Aurora by dzo over the official GB rom goes without a hitch. I'd really like to try out a .32 CM7 rom, since I've heard so much good stuff about it, but just can't and Aurora does give me a few minor problems I'd rather live without (still an awesome rom, dzo is a really cool dude).
What CWM versions are you using? To install .32 ROMS, please use official 5.0.2.6, for .35 and 3.0.8 ROMS, use 5.5.0.4.
You still don't use Dropbox? WTF?
Install it here and both of us receive 500Mb free.
Or, how would you like 20GB free?! From the new copy.com?
Use this link and you receive an additional 5Gb on top of the 20Gb
The Following User Says Thank You to fjsferreira For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

m00nchile
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjsferreira View Post
What CWM versions are you using? To install .32 ROMS, please use official 5.0.2.6, for .35 and 3.0.8 ROMS, use 5.5.0.4.
Ah, I was using 5.5.0.4 for both, I'll try the CM again with 5.0.2.6, could be the missing piece of the puzzle, thanks a lot.

fjsferreira
Old
Thanks Meter 864
Quote:
Originally Posted by m00nchile View Post
Ah, I was using 5.5.0.4 for both, I'll try the CM again with 5.0.2.6, could be the missing piece of the puzzle, thanks a lot.
Let us know if that was the problem... I'm suspecting it is :)
You still don't use Dropbox? WTF?
Install it here and both of us receive 500Mb free.
Or, how would you like 20GB free?! From the new copy.com?
Use this link and you receive an additional 5Gb on top of the 20Gb

m00nchile
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjsferreira View Post
Let us know if that was the problem... I'm suspecting it is :)
You suspected right, I'm in CM7 as we speak, thanks for the help.