Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,783,072 Members 45,185 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Galaxy Note: The amount of its laggyness?

Tip us?

filthykid
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by unpro View Post
Owned a Note and 7.7

7.7 slightly slower than Nexus, Note is laggy, esp when not turned off for days.

Have you ever tried updating its firmware and stuff to make it faster? (as mentioned above in this post) If you have and still it lags, then thatís a concern for me (and perhaps for your and for many others too who are thinking of owning one)

abhisahara
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,710

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by filthykid View Post
Thanks for your comment.

I am not saying it should run games which require excellent acceleration or requires immense power from GPU, as I am not into heavy mobile games. All I require is butter smooth execution of day-to-day usage. Be it scrolling contact, scrolling web page, swiping through 10 application screens or swiping 7 home screens.

Waht's the actual dpi for Note? Or this is the original dpi?
I never specifically told about games. To have everything buttery smooth u require hardware acceleration which gpu provides in the apps browser and launchers. So gpu is not just for games. Now you got why i told you all that above. To have everything running smooth on such big screen and resolution u require hardware acceleration. Ever noticed lag in all third party launchers? Its becoz they don't have hardware acceleration. The stock TW launcher is partially hw accelerated so still runs somewhat smooth.
The original dpi of Note is 321

BOOMED from my BOMBASTIC NOTE
The Following User Says Thank You to abhisahara For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

krhn
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Tbh you can't really blame the note for being a tad laggy since it is basically a computer and all computers ( even the best) will come across a type of lag within its lifetime.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA
The Following User Says Thank You to krhn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

filthykid
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisahara View Post
I never specifically told about games. To have everything buttery smooth u require hardware acceleration which gpu provides in the apps browser and launchers. So gpu is not just for games. Now you got why i told you all that above. To have everything running smooth on such big screen and resolution u require hardware acceleration. Ever noticed lag in all third party launchers? Its becoz they don't have hardware acceleration. The stock TW launcher is partially hw accelerated so still runs somewhat smooth.
The original dpi of Note is 321

BOOMED from my BOMBASTIC NOTE
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

filthykid
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by krhn View Post
Tbh you can't really blame the note for being a tad laggy since it is basically a computer and all computers ( even the best) will come across a type of lag within its lifetime.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA

Well then that sucks

Mystic38
Old
Thanks Meter 61
here is a tip to the op.. You will find 99% of all problems you look for.. If you didnt look, you would not know there are problems.

The key to happiness in life is being happy with what you have and setting your expectations ot a reasonable level..

If you dont need the large screen, go buy something else. If you do need the large screen, then you have no choice but the note..

so either relax and enjoy your note or be paranoid about this and every other device on the planet, and buy every new device as it comes out and drive yourself into a frenzy of despair about this problem, that problem, this issue that issue until you realise all this agony and money has not fixed a single thing in your life, you are stressed, depressed and you end up a bankrupt nuerotic..
Galaxy Note GT-7000
The Following User Says Thank You to Mystic38 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

filthykid
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic38 View Post
here is a tip to the op.. You will find 99% of all problems you look for.. If you didnt look, you would not know there are problems.

The key to happiness in life is being happy with what you have and setting your expectations ot a reasonable level..

If you dont need the large screen, go buy something else. If you do need the large screen, then you have no choice but the note..

so either relax and enjoy your note or be paranoid about this and every other device on the planet, and buy every new device as it comes out and drive yourself into a frenzy of despair about this problem, that problem, this issue that issue until you realise all this agony and money has not fixed a single thing in your life, you are stressed, depressed and you end up a bankrupt nuerotic..

This device has NOTHING bad in it.. Just the LAG LAG LAG!
Nice post though! Loved it.

stevo9er
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I am using stock GB and I have almost no lag. Maybe you should make a video and show us what lag you are talking about.

uberNoobZA
Old
Thanks Meter 313
I am using stock rom (gingerbread) at the moment and experience none of the lag you refer to. I also tried some of the ics roms and also no lag.

The only time my phone 'hesitates' is sometimes when I unlock it as it switches from widget locker to lock screen. Now as it is a 3rd party app doing it, I can hardly blame the note. I love my note and even got rid of my galaxy nexus and asus tf101 when i got the note.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium
Don't be shy to hit that 'Thanks' button
Current -
Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F - Stock 4.4.2
Samsung Galaxy Camera GC110 - Stock 4.1
ASUS Transformer Book T100 - Win8.1 Pro

Retired / Sold -
Galaxy Note 3 | Nexus 5 | Nexus 4 | Lumia 925 | Galaxy S3 | HTC Desire | HTC Desire HD | Galaxy S2 | Galaxy Nexus
Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition) | Nexus 7 (2013) | Nexus 7 (2012) | Galaxy Note | Galaxy Tab | Archos 80 G9 | Asus Transformer | Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8000

unpro
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by filthykid View Post
Have you ever tried updating its firmware and stuff to make it faster? (as mentioned above in this post) If you have and still it lags, then thatís a concern for me (and perhaps for your and for many others too who are thinking of owning one)
It's on the latest firmware available in my country (Malaysia)

All I can think is, Gingerbread is just far inferior to ICS or Honeycomb. Nokia Lumia is a lot faster too (hope that word is not banned here)

Then again, some items images/video captured in 7.7 is only 3.2mp vs 8mp.