Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,710 Members 39,771 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] Zeus v7.06 [GB 2.3.4 V20S] - v6.4 [GB 2.3.4 V20O/V20N] by Huexxx ...

Tip us?

Pollie81
Old
Thanks Meter 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3m3 View Post
although you can run script to do some tweaks via ZeusTweakers on the desktop. however i experienced once that i failed do "Inject Titanium back" via such stuff. so i went back to the old clumsy way by type su and zeus on virtual terminal and carry on and it worked. you can get this try...
set min cpu is no option in zeus.. not in zeus tweak app and not thru therminal.
you can only set max cpu!

burma
Old
(Last edited by burma; 16th April 2012 at 11:51 AM.)
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huexxx View Post
I've readed that post in the past... from there I get the first fix on Zeus ROM... but it seemed to waste a lot of battery, and also it made to loose signal several times...

I have looked into it and I've modified the pdp polling interval from 1s to 2s in GsmDataConnectionTracker to reduce the massive logging, and also modified a polling interval on WifiStateTracker to see if it helps... You can see at the logs that the massive logging is repeated every 2s instead every 1s.

Please, flash '2s' to try it, look if it makes something good, and then try '2s-FDoff' to try the same but with Fast Dormancy disabled to see if is better or worse in your case/operator.

- For based on V20o:
2s: http://www.mediafire.com/?osyafyasabr6h5d
2s-FDoff: http://www.mediafire.com/?zz41s4tjbbnaqzp

- For based on V20n:
2s: http://www.mediafire.com/?bzd6u1i7cd6zg6z
2s-FDoff: http://www.mediafire.com/?coyhr0pwy9je7jl

Regards!

2s-FDoff_v6.1n.zip does not seem to help much. Battery still drains 10% per hour without doing anything... I feel in v 6.0 it was better
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	194
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	1006917   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.png
Views:	186
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	1006918  

ogremount
Old
(Last edited by ogremount; 16th April 2012 at 11:59 AM.)
Thanks Meter 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by burma View Post
2s-FDoff_v6.1n.zip does not seem to help much. Battery still drains 10% per hour without doing anything... I feel in v 6.0 it was better
After trying 2s off i aplied 2s-FDoff and rtemoved the syncs i didnt need susch as weather widgets, email etc .
Now my loss with 3g always on because of Whatsapp is 4% for 7 hours sleep trough the night. Keep in mind that i have chosen WMCDA only so no FD wakes.
Your milage might differ but a good check on the acual reason of the drain is not a bad idea.
Try better batterystats and if you see a lot of alarms investigate the apps behind them.
At this very moment i have 75 % left after 5 hours 15 minutes ( did a small charge at around 8 this morning for resetting the stats)
58 minutes screen on, 1 hour 14 minutes wifi on and 25 minutes phone calls.
Not sure how long was the 3g browsing but something like 7 or 8 minutes tapatalk, whatsapp and opera mobile.

I think that's pretty decent.
Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind

burma
Old
Thanks Meter 10
yeah, i tried to attach betterbatterystats screenshots, but something is broken somewhere.

So long story short:
20% left after 7 hours

Awake: 3,5 hours
Screen On: 40 min

Wakelocks:

DataTracker-FD: 1 hour
Android.Media.MediaPlayer: 40 min
LocationManagerService: 40 min
*network-location*: 30 min
*sync*: 25 min
GpsLocationProvider: 20 min

ogremount
Old
(Last edited by ogremount; 16th April 2012 at 12:18 PM.) Reason: adding on
Thanks Meter 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by burma View Post
yeah, i tried to attach betterbatterystats screenshots, but something is broken somewhere.

So long story short:
20% left after 7 hours

Awake: 3,5 hours
Screen On: 40 min

Wakelocks:

DataTracker-FD: 1 hour
Android.Media.MediaPlayer: 40 min
LocationManagerService: 40 min
*network-location*: 30 min
*sync*: 25 min
GpsLocationProvider: 20 min
Battery stats only gives half the story.
Do a adb pull of the alarms or gscript to get the actual alarms - wakes number and duration and programs behind them
Also if you do not need the navigation all the time consider taking off the ¨Use wireless networks¨mark from the GPS settings. That is a huge saver especially if the network is weak and it is hard to make a good fix ( many apps insist on adding a gps fix on update - weather etc)

add : My awake time is just about the same as my screen on time just few spike here and there when a message was coming in etc.
Serious about the full investigation.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1212671
Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind

LookedPath
Old
Thanks Meter 81
Hi guys,
i have a little problem on my OB that nags me...
I noticed that when I'm using a music player that uses Android's built-in Media Scanner i get some errors in my Music Library...
For example when i'm in an Artist folder, I have two or more albums with the same name in which all the songs, that should have been in only one, are divided...
But if use a player as PowerAmp that has its own media scanner the problem is gone...
There's a way to fix that?
If the answer to previous question is negative, do you know a good player that has its own media scanner as poweramp? (ttpod exluded because is a crap)
I'm on Zeus 6.11o...
Thanks and sorry for my english...

Inviato dal mio LG-P970 usando Tapatalk

Huexxx
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 4,794

DONATE TO ME
Hi all,

right now for next version it's possible to modify poll_period and Fast Dormancy On/Off in runtime through two new system props... huexxx.gsm_poll_int and huexxx.enable_fast_dormancy...

This allows everybody to try different polling intervals and to try enable/disable FD an try which config is the best in each case without the need of rebooting.

I'm looking at scrolling_cache to enable/disable it at runtime too, like in CM7.

Soon a new version, I hope the 'last' to focus on kernel development...

Regards.
Give a try to my 3d battery icons here!

LG Optimus Black / ROM IZS v1 by Huexxx

DONATE PLEASE! HELP ME WITH MY MORTGAGE!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Huexxx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JiroPrinz8
Old
Thanks Meter 296
Heyvguys..

New to the OB forums, ive been trying to find a diwnload of a gb update for my OB.. i ended up getting a chinese rom v20a i think and had to go back to 2.2.. zeus is promising so i really wanna flash it but i have to be on gb first id think.. would anyone be able to help out..? A link to an english and open v20 perhaps..? Appreciate it.

Sent from my LG-P970 using xda premium
LG Optimus G F180L[Int'l]
[ROM] Sling V2.2 [KK 4.4.2]
[Recovery] FreeGee CWM

cogito ergo sum

Zaihanzainal
Old
Thanks Meter 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by JiroPrinz8 View Post
Heyvguys..

New to the OB forums, ive been trying to find a diwnload of a gb update for my OB.. i ended up getting a chinese rom v20a i think and had to go back to 2.2.. zeus is promising so i really wanna flash it but i have to be on gb first id think.. would anyone be able to help out..? A link to an english and open v20 perhaps..? Appreciate it.

Not necessary I think, I went from froyo straight to Zeus....

xsyt
Old
Thanks Meter 1
There is problems with 6.11 and OnScreenPhone - the touch keys via PC doesn't work.