5,596,431 Members 40,052 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Apps incompatible

Tip us?
 
lesd777
Old
#1  
lesd777's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 146
Join Date: Sep 2011
Default Apps incompatible

Since upgradung to the leaked ics, I noticed hbo go is not in the google play store. I went to the hbogo website and clicked the link to download it in the google store. It pulls up but says its incompatible with my device. Is there an alternate way I can download this

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium
 
jnicks510
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 281
Join Date: Mar 2011
download the apk from the web
SGS III i747 (White) aka Selena

Stock rooted and debloated


Apple iPhone 5 SOLD
Samsung Galaxy S III i747 SOLD
Samsung Galaxy S II i717 (Skyrocket) SOLD
Apple iPhone 4(s) SOLD
Samsung Galaxy S i897 (Captivate) SOLD
Apple iPhone 3GS(s) SOLD
Blackberry Curve 8330 ???


Follow me @ nickk_jav
 
dvandam
Old
#3  
dvandam's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 25
Posts: 303
Join Date: Aug 2010
Don't you have to modify something else in order to get that to work? I thought I read something about a build.prop file or something..
Phone: SkyRocket with CM10
 
desilva79
Old
#4  
Member
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 86
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvandam View Post
Don't you have to modify something else in order to get that to work? I thought I read something about a build.prop file or something..
That would be good to know , since installing the ICS leak I've been having a lot of issues installing apps such as Groupon,Living Social , Yahoo Mail that would all show as incompatible with device
 
dvandam
Old
#5  
dvandam's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 25
Posts: 303
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by desilva79 View Post
That would be good to know , since installing the ICS leak I've been having a lot of issues installing apps such as Groupon,Living Social , Yahoo Mail that would all show as incompatible with device
Groupon and Living Social both work on mine, although I'm using the Stock Revamped ROM. As far as Groupon goes, did you do a backup and then restore in Titanium Backup? If you do that Groupon doesn't launch. If you delete it and then redownload it via Google Play it should work fine.
Phone: SkyRocket with CM10
 
desilva79
Old
#6  
Member
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 86
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvandam View Post
Groupon and Living Social both work on mine, although I'm using the Stock Revamped ROM. As far as Groupon goes, did you do a backup and then restore in Titanium Backup? If you do that Groupon doesn't launch. If you delete it and then redownload it via Google Play it should work fine.
I'm using Mod1411's NexusMod ICS with LCD Density set to 200. I thought it was the LCD Density at first but it wouldn't work even if I set it back to 240. I searched for Groupon first on Google Play but couldn't find it. Going to the direct Google Play link it will show me as incompatible
 
jeff210
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 40
Posts: 243
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Amite, La.
Even after setting density back, you have to clear google play data and may have to go to recovery and wipe caches and reboot.
 
dvandam
Old
#8  
dvandam's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 25
Posts: 303
Join Date: Aug 2010
Can anyone speak to the HBO (No) Go app issue? Has anyone been able to get this running on their phone? I'd like to get that back up and running.
Phone: SkyRocket with CM10
 
nest75068
Old
(Last edited by nest75068; 16th April 2012 at 09:40 PM.)
#9  
nest75068's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 85
Posts: 754
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Dallas
Well my i heart radio app was working fine until they released 4.2.1 version for it, now I get that my device is not supported.

Update, found the app on the Amazon app store and it installed and works fine.

to the OP, try that.
 
dvandam
Old
#10  
dvandam's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 25
Posts: 303
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by nest75068 View Post
Well my i heart radio app was working fine until they released 4.2.1 version for it, now I get that my device is not supported.

Update, found the app on the Amazon app store and it installed and works fine.

to the OP, try that.
I tried with HBO Go and it isn't working. Won't even come up when I search for it.
Phone: SkyRocket with CM10

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Force Translucent Status Bar in KitKat ROMs with Xposed

It’s been a while since Android 4.4KitKat wasreleased, and we’re slowly … more

Fix the Ambient Light Issues on Your Google Nexus 5 using Xposed

The Google Nexus 5 is a great and rather popular device. This LG-produced … more

Google Glass XE16 Update Factory Image and Rooted Bootloader Now Available

You may recall that early yesterday, we talked about the XE16 … more