Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,331 Members 39,108 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Official] SG Note in the Philippines

Tip us?

joey.t
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Hey guys!

I'm a 17 year old student from Manila and would love to show some love for the Note.

Also, I wanna share a unique power saving tip without downloading JuiceDefender and the like. Since Super AMOLED uses less power to display black than white, I downloaded Launcher7. I use the paid version and I really enjoy the minimalist theme of Windows.

If you're willing to exchange widget access and screen beauty for better battery life (since I just mostly text) then I guess Launcher7 could be your phone's next best friend.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

jtribaco
Old
(Last edited by jtribaco; 16th April 2012 at 02:27 PM.)
Thanks Meter 9
@one: Just need to downgrade first, I have latest rom XXLC1
DL mode

Kcube989
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Is it normal that default browser (2.3.6 LC2) doesnt show facebook chat? Settings are set to default. Opera mobile and dolphin hd both show the chat window in the bottom right.

jermitano
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 838
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcube989 View Post
Is it normal that default browser (2.3.6 LC2) doesnt show facebook chat? Settings are set to default. Opera mobile and dolphin hd both show the chat window in the bottom right.
change your settings...on the browser type about:useragent...then chose desktop

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

SAMSUNG GT i9100
SAMSUNG GN n7000
SAMSUNG GS I9300
SAMSUNG GN n7100

"never argue with an IDIOT, they'll just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience"

The Following User Says Thank You to jermitano For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Kcube989
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by jermitano View Post
change your settings...on the browser type about:useragent...then chose desktop

Thanks a ton mate

jermitano
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 838
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcube989 View Post
Thanks a ton mate
no problem

SAMSUNG GT i9100
SAMSUNG GN n7000
SAMSUNG GS I9300
SAMSUNG GN n7100

"never argue with an IDIOT, they'll just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience"

scarlet_sg
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default safe rooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetonnoodle View Post
No problem kabayan! Here is the guide I followed when I rooted my note: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1329360

There are several methods, but I used Method 1 on that guide since it's seems to be the most straight forward. In summary, you just need to download the ZergRush rooting tool. Extract it. Run the RunMe.bat application from your desktop, and follow the instructions that it will show. (Instructions include what to do on your phone during the process).

Anyway, just check out the link. If you have any other worries/concerns, don't hesitate to ask

@one: noob here and this is my first android device as well.. i came from a blackberry device so all this rooting process is just doing my head in...

anyway, you mentioned you used Dr. Ketan's method 1 for rooting... may i ask what is the difference between method 1 & 2??

thanks.

onetonnoodle
Old
Thanks Meter 17
His second method is for rooting plus CWM recovery (clockworkmod recovery).

In a nutshell, CWM is a type of custom recovery wherein you can do various things such as applying official/unofficial ROMs, applying modded themes, etc. And ofcourse, a pre-cursor to CWM is a fully rooted phone.

For more information about CWM, you can check out this link: http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/...omplete-guide/

Hope this helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to onetonnoodle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lawgone
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Guys question:

I'm familiar with rooting and all those stuff that you can do to a smartphone, but I'm kinda hesitant doing this to my brand new Note since I might void the warranty.

Basically I wanna know how accurate "unrooting" is? I mean Samsung Ph has a way to check if the phone was once rooted or not, or had a custom ROM before, thus voiding the warranty.

jtribaco
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Just downloaded all the files. I can start later or so.

@one: I have few question: after downgrade the rom kernel version and flash it, will I use the ODIN to update the rom to the latest? BTW, whats your latest rom installed?

I download this N7000DXLC2 Singapore Version from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1424997. Will this ok if I use this?

Hope I perform non-wipe version later...

My apology for noob question :lol: