5,594,609 Members 33,086 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Screen Flicker - Response from HTC

Tip us?

jmkhenka
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Are we not talking about TWO diffrent problems in this thread?

One is where the backlight is flickering, like a old TV or some light-tube with bad refresh rate.

And the other is screen/image corruption mainly in the top bar next to clock, in stock browser and some other place.

I have had the 2nd, screen flicker/corruption and it seemse to be related to the notificationbar - having items like unread e-mails can make it "break" for a sek or two.

I have also had the first, screen refreshrate mainly in low light setting. It behaves better with automatic brightness but not as obvious.

this is mostly notisble when you have a dialog box with a dimmed background around it.
Phone: HTC One X
Tablet: Nexus 7 and/or Asus Transformer TF101

DazNoonan
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmkhenka View Post
Are we not talking about TWO diffrent problems in this thread?

One is where the backlight is flickering, like a old TV or some light-tube with bad refresh rate.

And the other is screen/image corruption mainly in the top bar next to clock, in stock browser and some other place.

I have had the 2nd, screen flicker/corruption and it seemse to be related to the notificationbar - having items like unread e-mails can make it "break" for a sek or two.

I have also had the first, screen refreshrate mainly in low light setting. It behaves better with automatic brightness but not as obvious.

this is mostly notisble when you have a dialog box with a dimmed background around it.
Yes we are talking about the 2x issues... however the main issue being discussed is regarding that of "One is where the backlight is flickering, like a old TV or some light-tube with bad refresh rate."
White HTC One X | Jelly Bean 4.1.1 | HTC Sense Removed | Software Version AOKP | HTC SDK 4.23 | Serial HT23
Currently running AOKP by LorD ClockaN - Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean!

theliquid
Old
Thanks Meter 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamdir View Post
this is not a flicker this one is the browser glitch

silly game HTC is making us play really....more n more i realize i was stupid not to keep the grey that was running perfectly
I get this also sometimes while browsing or with google play store ... Hopefully a software bug ...

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
Device: HTC Desire (PVT-1)
ROM: back to stable CM7.2 Nightly || Root: UnrEVOked || S-OFF: Alpharev
Device: HTC One X
S-ON. UNLOCKED.
Currently @ CM 10.1 RC4

Device: Asus Nexus 7
UNLOCKED. ROOTED.
Currently @ CM 10.1 RC4

theliquid
Old
Thanks Meter 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmkhenka View Post

Is this one software related?

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
Device: HTC Desire (PVT-1)
ROM: back to stable CM7.2 Nightly || Root: UnrEVOked || S-OFF: Alpharev
Device: HTC One X
S-ON. UNLOCKED.
Currently @ CM 10.1 RC4

Device: Asus Nexus 7
UNLOCKED. ROOTED.
Currently @ CM 10.1 RC4

technostein
Old
Thanks Meter 161

DONATE TO ME
Phone4u rang me today to see how my phone was going and trying to sell me some protection plan. I told them about this issue and that it seems to be happening a lot with other people and he said that HTC will fix it for sure in a future update due

Top reliable phones I have had: HTC One. LG G2, Nexus 4, Note 2, Nokia 5800, Motorola RAZR V3X, Motorola RAZR i, Nexus 5 Had many more, but these devices were the best IMO.

Current Phone: HTC One M8

Press THANKS if i helped you, it's nice knowing when you have helped somebody out

Srius
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Post Flicker

Mine has a light but noticeable flicker only with the display is on the lowest brightness, other wise it's fine. I usually keep it in lowest to save battery( its always the screen taking the juice) so hoping a firmware upgrade can fix it

Try4Ce
Old
Thanks Meter 395
graphical distortions like within the browser are already fixed in the chinese 1.28 leak.
The slight brightness flickering seems to be a faulty power management thing, seems like its software related.

violence1907
Old
Thanks Meter 202

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Try4Ce View Post
graphical distortions like within the browser are already fixed in the chinese 1.28 leak.
The slight brightness flickering seems to be a faulty power management thing, seems like its software related.
Yeah but it only seems like, i want a Statement Form htc -.-

Gesendet von meinem HTC One X mit Tapatalk

DazNoonan
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by violence1907 View Post
Yeah but it only seems like, i want a Statement Form htc -.-

Agreed... a statement is required!
White HTC One X | Jelly Bean 4.1.1 | HTC Sense Removed | Software Version AOKP | HTC SDK 4.23 | Serial HT23
Currently running AOKP by LorD ClockaN - Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean!
The Following User Says Thank You to DazNoonan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

violence1907
Old
Thanks Meter 202

DONATE TO ME
Im Sry but i dont have paid 600 euros to get a phone with screen flickering, cracking wake up Button, a cut in the camera lens because of design fail and so on.. Thats just annoying. And then HTC Do Not have the balls to give a Statement to all of this?

HTC Thats a blame!!!