Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,341 Members 49,296 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: What Would You Like to See Added/Removed
Remove Rom Manager 15 38.46%
Keep Rom Manager 22 56.41%
Remove Fun & Games 29 74.36%
Keep Fun & Games 9 23.08%
Add ConnectBot 6 15.38%
Do Not Add ConnectBot 22 56.41%
Add Dolphin Browser HD 7 17.95%
Do Not Add Dolphin Browser HD 26 66.67%
Add exDialer w/ ICS Theme AC 9 23.08%
Do Not Add exDialer w/ ICS Theme AC 19 48.72%
Add Play Music 23 58.97%
Do Not Add Play Music 11 28.21%
Add SuperSU 22 56.41%
Do Not Add SuperSU 11 28.21%
Add OpenExplorer Beta 8 20.51%
Do Not Add OpenExplorer Beta 22 56.41%
Add Alarm Clock Plus 12 30.77%
Do Not Add Alarm Clock Plus 21 53.85%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

[ROM][CDMA]CM9 - Built for R800x - U:0605

Tip us?

One2many
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxChristos View Post
Battery life in general sucks right now for CM9. Imo, we're still in a beta phase.

Other news: because FXP didn't release a new version this weekend, I built one & it should be uploaded.

Sent from my phone, please excuse any Swypos.
Very nice work!

Would you be interested in putting a wifi unloader script into your build?

I used your release along with the doomlord kernel for now. By doing that it seemed to break the wifi and I get great standby life. Needed battery life more than wifi at the moment.
The Following User Says Thank You to One2many For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

paxChristos
Old
Retired Forum Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 1,482

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by One2many View Post
Very nice work!

Would you be interested in putting a wifi unloader script into your build?

I used your release along with the doomlord kernel for now. By doing that it seemed to break the wifi and I get great standby life. Needed battery life more than wifi at the moment.
I'll look into it tomorrow.

Tips:
*Logcat or it never happened. *Search before posting *Go to User CP -> Edit Options -> switch "Number of Posts to Show Per Page" to 50. *Reporting Posts

Looks like I won't be doing anything android for a long time

Thanks for the lul'z

Pax

Schwabie64
Old
Thanks Meter 26

DONATE TO ME
When I go to battery in settings it says "battery usage stats not available" is this normal? It still shows the percentage and the visual of the phones decline but doesn't display the apps used.

Sent from my R800x using XDA

paxChristos
Old
Thanks Meter 1,482

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwabie64 View Post
When I go to battery in settings it says "battery usage stats not available" is this normal? It still shows the percentage and the visual of the phones decline but doesn't display the apps used.

I'm not 100% sure, but that might be one of the bugs (have you tried better battery stats, as outlined by Doom in his gsm kernel thread?)

(I do not have any apps showing, either, but I have also not tried wiping battery stats in cwm to see if it fixed this.)

Tips:
*Logcat or it never happened. *Search before posting *Go to User CP -> Edit Options -> switch "Number of Posts to Show Per Page" to 50. *Reporting Posts

Thanks for the lul'z

Pax

Schwabie64
Old
(Last edited by Schwabie64; 16th April 2012 at 02:40 PM.)
Thanks Meter 26

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I'm not 100% sure, but that might be one of the bugs (have you tried better battery stats, as outlined by Doom in his gsm kernel thread?)

(I do not have any apps showing, either, but I have also not tried wiping battery stats in cwm to see if it fixed this.)

I'll look into Dooms gsm kernel when I get home.
And I wiped bat stats when I flashed the rom.
Just wiped it again still nothing.
Not a big deal though every thing else works.
Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to Schwabie64 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

brainard52
Old
Thanks Meter 40
About mms, I wonder why the 012 MNC one doesn't show up in the APN's thing ("open APNs" through voice dialer)...

The thing I was wondering is where is the other apns.xml? it says "This version must agree with that in apps/common/res/apns.xml" and I can't find the file.
Devices:
Phone: Verizon Samsung Galaxy SIII - (Previously) Unlocked Bootloader
Tablet: Google Nexus 7 (2013) 32GB Wifi-only - Unlocked Bootloader.
Previous Phone: Xperia Play (R800x) - Unlocked Bootloader
Previous Tablet: Google Nexus 7 32GB Wifi-Only - Unlocked Bootloader, bad screen. Somehow, I managed to not take care of this device very well.

paxChristos
Old
Thanks Meter 1,482

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by brainard52 View Post
About mms, I wonder why the 012 MNC one doesn't show up in the APN's thing ("open APNs" through voice dialer)...

The thing I was wondering is where is the other apns.xml? it says "This version must agree with that in apps/common/res/apns.xml" and I can't find the file.
In a .88 firmware, apns-conf.xml was (iirc) the only place Verizon & apn info is stored.

Tips:

Thanks for the lul'z

Pax
The Following User Says Thank You to paxChristos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

brainard52
Old
(Last edited by brainard52; 16th April 2012 at 05:35 PM.)
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
In a .88 firmware, apns-conf.xml was (iirc) the only place Verizon & apn info is stored.

Oh, alright. By the way, MNC=012 isn't working for me I can receive but not send...

I was snooping in ICS++ and here's the APN they have for Verizon
Code:
<apn carrier="Verizon" mcc="310" mnc="004" apn="internet" user="*" password="*" server="*" mmsc="http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms" type="default,supl,mms" />
Devices:
Phone: Verizon Samsung Galaxy SIII - (Previously) Unlocked Bootloader
Tablet: Google Nexus 7 (2013) 32GB Wifi-only - Unlocked Bootloader.
Previous Phone: Xperia Play (R800x) - Unlocked Bootloader
Previous Tablet: Google Nexus 7 32GB Wifi-Only - Unlocked Bootloader, bad screen. Somehow, I managed to not take care of this device very well.
The Following User Says Thank You to brainard52 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

EagleDelta1
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Ok, so I'm on the latest version and I've noticed that the panorama mode in the camera is back to not working (it worked in FXP 113)
The Following User Says Thank You to EagleDelta1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Solar.Plexus
Old
Thanks Meter 321
pax, can't wait to try your CM9 and help to make it better. I got tired of the stock ROM in the 3 days I've had the device. All I need is for Alejandrissimo to get on gTalk so I can get this bootloader unlocked!

The Following User Says Thank You to Solar.Plexus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
awesomeness, bazinga, cdma, cyanogenmod, first xperia play cm9 with theme manager!!, ics, legend-wait-for-it-dary!, penut butter jelly time!, r800x, sudo install!, unofficial cm9, why haven't you installed this yet?, xperia play, zeusc