Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,037 Members 52,155 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][ICS][4.0.3][3-22-12][WIP] ics-deck-evo [pre-beta7]

Tip us?

aheeejd
Old
Thanks Meter 1177
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottspa74 View Post
So decks has the brightness slider on status bar mod? Does it have the center clock yet? Much thanks to anyone who can answer, latest AOKP has been reboot city.

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium
No center clock yet. Sliding brightness is in settings/system/status bar, at the bottom, but in display/auto brightness has to be disabled for it to allow you to enable status bar slide.

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

BioBot
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyki View Post
If you use a wifi network at home you should definitely use the SAMBA File Sharing app. Run the app on your phone, copy your files, close the app. On any computer, anywhere you go. Even Macs see your phone on a wifi network.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...sh.samba&hl=en

Plugging in a USB cable to copy files seems antiquated now :P
I use AirDroid which does the same file sharing. It also lets you get sms notifications and respond to them from the computer.

midnightzak
Old
Thanks Meter 83

DONATE TO ME
Default Grey screen after flashing p22

I'm looking to try out Deck's ICS rom (switching from CM7.2) with Tiamat Kernel. So far I'm stuck on a grey screen after flashing.

Wiped everything except for SDCARD, then did Factory Reset, flashed DeckICS p22, flashed Tiamat Kernel 4.1.0, and finally restarted. Grey screen for at least 20 minutes now.

Did I screw something up? Tiamat not compatible with DeckICS? Need to wait longer after reboot? Open to all ideas at this point.

Thanks!

Skripka
Old
Thanks Meter 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightzak View Post
I'm looking to try out Deck's ICS rom (switching from CM7.2) with Tiamat Kernel. So far I'm stuck on a grey screen after flashing.

Wiped everything except for SDCARD, then did Factory Reset, flashed DeckICS p22, flashed Tiamat Kernel 4.1.0, and finally restarted. Grey screen for at least 20 minutes now.

Did I screw something up? Tiamat not compatible with DeckICS? Need to wait longer after reboot? Open to all ideas at this point.

Thanks!
Tiamat 4.1.0 is a Gingerbread kernel. That is your problem. If you want a Tiamat kernel, his v031412 kernel at least won't have open version incompatibilities....whether it'll work nicely I don't know.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skripka For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

NUGZZ420
Old
Thanks Meter 105
Quote:

Thanks!
Try these kernel http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1546878

I use the SBC non fso ... make sure to use the for hwa
Mason I series:

I'm not on decks now but I ran that combo for weeks ....
There is a tiamat kernel I'm not sure witch one u tried ... masons kernals are based on them and have done my evo great justice...
EVERYTHING I POST IS JUST MY OPINION FROM THING"S I READ .. DO NOT QUOTE ME!!!! JUST TRYING TO HELP THE BEST I CAN !!!!!
PLEASE READ THE OP and THRED BEFORE FLASHING OR POSTING!!
★★★ DroidKang ★★★
✯ ✯ ✯ CHAOS KERNEL ✯ ✯ ✯
The Following User Says Thank You to NUGZZ420 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

midnightzak
Old
Thanks Meter 83

DONATE TO ME
Perfect, just the info I needed guys! Thanks for the quick response! I'll be downloading that now and installing it at work under the desk so my boss doesn't see!

I've read a tiny amount about the SBC kernels blowing up batteries in the EVO. Thoughts or link to a good thread to learn from?

Joshmccullough
Old
Thanks Meter 228
Quote:
Perfect, just the info I needed guys! Thanks for the quick response! I'll be downloading that now and installing it at work under the desk so my boss doesn't see!

I've read a tiny amount about the SBC kernels blowing up batteries in the EVO. Thoughts or link to a good thread to learn from?
+1 for the Mason Kernel, I've really noticed a big difference from the stock kernel, and it's got a lot of CPU adjustments under Menu-->System Settings-->Performance-->Processor. I haven't had any problems with the FSO kernel that Atyoung warns might cause data corruption/kerfuffles, but that's just me.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent from my Nexus 5

NUGZZ420
Old
Thanks Meter 105
Quote:

he evo

Read the mason thread lots of good info .. and he has been very helpful to me .. he has non SBC kernels on his thread also

+5 to mason kernel for the evo 4G
EVERYTHING I POST IS JUST MY OPINION FROM THING"S I READ .. DO NOT QUOTE ME!!!! JUST TRYING TO HELP THE BEST I CAN !!!!!
PLEASE READ THE OP and THRED BEFORE FLASHING OR POSTING!!
★★★ DroidKang ★★★
✯ ✯ ✯ CHAOS KERNEL ✯ ✯ ✯

oodork123
Old
Thanks Meter 259
How's the latest build so far?

that stoner works at circle k

grizzly812
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by phistyle View Post
I'm getting weak gps signals or sometimes it doesn't even connect at all using this rom... is there any apps that can help me get a fast lock on a gps satellite?
I was having the same problem back on pb15. I would get gps in google maps but it took over 30 seconds sometimes and wouldnt stay locked. I tried a bunch of gps apps and they would lock faster but still not nearly as well as CM7 used to do.... That being said I did a fresh wipe and install of pb22 and I have the same rock solid GPS as I used to have on CM7. Which version of decks are you running? I would recommend a fresh wipe and install of pb22 if you have not tried that already.

Tags
betch, bodacious ta ta's, clean ics, lead we will follow, lets get some shoes