5,594,386 Members 37,644 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

3250 mAh battery review (stock battery size)

Tip us?

mfractal
Old
Thanks Meter 503

DONATE TO ME
I bought from that same seller. Still waiting on it to arrive. Glad you hear a confirmation for that seller.

Sent from my CM9 powered Galaxy Note
The Following User Says Thank You to mfractal For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

psun786
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Personally, I am more interested how this battery perform against Anker rather than stock. We have enough testimony proving it last longer than OEM. But does it out perform Anker?

There is no proprietary technology regarding lithium battery manufacturing and Samsung license their OEM to independent Chinese factory so I don't think the "know how" is the issue here. But rather how much further will these third party factory willing go at the cost of safety?

All batteries including OEM have failure risk that can damage your handset. There are few instances where iphone battery exploded. Since most of us bought this phone without warranty, we should pay extra care in avoiding potential risk.

The true problem with these gold battery is that they are not branded or backed by a reputable third party manufacture. In another word, the rogue factory who produce them has zero accountability. They can basically try squeeze as much capacity as physically possible and not care about stability. Even they are fully aware of the risk involved. They knew consumer cant find them when accident happened. All they interested is the upfront cash generated by the bragging right. Where a brand name like Anker has to maintain their reputation for longevity of their company.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to psun786 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

beestee
Old
Thanks Meter 70
Well all I can say to that is it is a good thing that we don't have to rely solely on the safty measures put into place in these thrid party batteries, but by means of apps can monitor and sound an alarm or even shut down the phone if the battery is operating outside of safe conditions.

I tried looking up the company behind the logo on this battery and came up with no results. Perhaps I will try again.

I do have two Anker batteries at home and I will run the same test on one of them for comparisons sake.
Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 (StraightTalk)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beestee For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Bond@007
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Here an official battery WITH NFC but not more power : http://www.exportprive.fr/fr/samsung...071790138.html

stevencyc
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by psun786 View Post
...They can basically try squeeze as much capacity as physically possible and not care about stability. ...
Is there any supporting claim that "squeezing" more capacity would lead to stability issue?

animal1974
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quite happy with mine. Atm is, with a normal use around 1.5h better than the stock one.

ngocdao
Old
Thanks Meter 84
Thanks for the thread OP

I debated awhile back whether to buy the one you have or this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/High-Capacit...-/140740192870

Sadly I let the Japanese writing and higher price fooled me.

Hence why I'm back here researching lol. Your results are impressive will go buy that now.

Thanks!

N7K - IMILKA.cyanogenmodV2 (No Ka Oi)
Sharks only bite when you touch their private parts.

GallardosEggrollShop
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Just got mine in, charging it to full right now before I give it a test run. I'll post results as well
HTC/AT&T 8525->iPhone 2g->Blackberry Curve->T-mobile G1->iPhone 3G->iPhone 3GS->iPhone 4->Samsung Infuse 4G->Samsung Galaxy Note->iPhone 4S->iPhone 5
Current->Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900T (Rooted/Rom'd)
The Following User Says Thank You to GallardosEggrollShop For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

beestee
Old
(Last edited by beestee; 18th April 2012 at 02:03 PM.)
Thanks Meter 70
I ran the test on the Anker battery as well and here are the results side-by-side, if anything the higher margin of error on the Anker will bring that capacity up since when I checked it at 52% accuracy it was much closer to the OEM capacity:

I got the parts in to do an external test to verify these numbers but I can't help but think that these are a pretty good/accurate indication since what I will be doing externally is very similar to what an internal app could do. I am also still not completely sure that it will work as I want it to, but we will see. At the least, I now have a number in the ballpark so I should be able to tell if it is working or not.
Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 (StraightTalk)
The Following User Says Thank You to beestee For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pepeto2001
Old
Thanks Meter 8
So the Anker battery seems to perform much better than stock one!, where did you buy it from?