Galaxy S Plus I9001 General

OP AllGamer

16th April 2012, 09:41 AM   |  #601  
Thanks Meter: 59

185 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterhollard

CM9 will have to be very good to get me to change from this.

The first alpha is very good, i think it needs only a little time and you will change, it runs very smooth, wlan works very good. GPS etc. too, only the camera....... I don't know how long the battery life is, but i will see.
16th April 2012, 12:23 PM   |  #602  
Flag Wolfsburg
Thanks Meter: 1

23 posts
More
[Q] How can i protect free RAM or dissable lags?
Hello,
i have Cranium RC9 on my phone, but im still dissatisfied.
It seems that the memory quite often get overload and this makes my phone very slow and lagy. After killing tasks/apps RAM get more free space and all is good.
This sucks. Did someone have the same problem, but more interessting is the question: "how can i make sure my phone is every time fast?"

Sorry for my bad english
16th April 2012, 12:47 PM   |  #603  
Flag HR 8938 Cephei
Thanks Meter: 132

305 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaki81

Hello,
i have Cranium RC9 on my phone, but im still dissatisfied.
It seems that the memory quite often get overload and this makes my phone very slow and lagy. After killing tasks/apps RAM get more free space and all is good.
This sucks. Did someone have the same problem, but more interessting is the question: "how can i make sure my phone is every time fast?"

Sorry for my bad english

We've always had this problem on this phone, We just dont have enough RAM for today's apps. All we can do is use better, More User Free RAM Kernels. Not all Kernels work with all ROMS though.

The only thing i think of you doing is Overclocking you're CPU, It will waste battery life a lot faster, But you're phone will be faster so.

Good Luck Getting More Ram!
16th April 2012, 12:55 PM   |  #604  
Flag Vitez
Thanks Meter: 152

393 posts
More
Quote:

Hello,<br />
i have Cranium RC9 on my phone, but im still dissatisfied.<br />
It seems that the memory quite often get overload and this makes my phone very slow and lagy. After killing tasks/apps RAM get more free space and all is good.<br />
This sucks. Did someone have the same problem, but more interessting is the question: "how can i make sure my phone is every time fast?"<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<i>Sorry for my bad english</i>

Did you try Simplistic rom from Dutch.ly?

Sent from my GT-I9001 using XDA
16th April 2012, 01:24 PM   |  #605  
Thanks Meter: 1,192

1,939 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterhollard

I am running the value pack KQB with the Vitality kernel, InteractiveX and noop (not overclocked), H3llstorm's GPS fix config, WiFi Fixer and the official CWM from bashinx.

It's smooth, fast and stable. Has the best battery life I have ever had. No FC's. GPS fix from cold in 3 minutes and thereafter about 30 secs. Still some WiFi drops but seldom, WiFi gets strong signal and is fast. Only problem I have found is that the front facing camera gives upside down image in Google Hangouts.

CM9 will have to be very good to get me to change from this.

Perhaps I will move to broodROM proposed BE when it is released as I had a good experience with broodROM RC4

if the camera was working, cm9 would've been the best piece of software for our device GPS (from cold) locks in 2 seconds, to 7-8 satellites at least, furthermore, it even locks if u are not in the open, with samsung stock roms it seemed like the gps antenna on i9001 is very weak, i never could get a lock while i'm in the apartment (8th floor in a 10 floor building), i had to stick my hand out of the window and wait for a few minutes. with cm9 i get a lock within 5-10 seconds while i'm inside the apartment.
battery life? 1 day 13h still have 37% left, and i've used my phone a lot, watched youtube, surfed, read xda a lot, wifi always ON, few sms... the only hint for that is that u have to have a caliberated battery.
wifi shows lower signal than on stock roms (in terms of bars u see in the icon), but speed is not affected, so it might well be only visual.
RAM management is the killer part, i never got over 250 mb of used RAM, and i have all sort of apps running, whatsapp, viber, facebook,elixir... and all of them take it's share. with cm9 u get 370mb of free RAM (at least for now).
smoothness and very rare wake lag are also important factors that talk in cm9's favor.
there are still some bugs in cm9, no one is ignoring that, but in my opinion it's already (by far) better than stock, camera is the only limiting factor (and actually i usually use it quite frequently) , other than that KQB is no where in the rank of cm9
16th April 2012, 02:23 PM   |  #606  
Flag Wolfsburg

23 posts
More
Thumbs down
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsteel1

We've always had this problem on this phone, We just dont have enough RAM for today's apps. All we can do is use better, More User Free RAM Kernels. Not all Kernels work with all ROMS though.

The only thing i think of you doing is Overclocking you're CPU, It will waste battery life a lot faster, But you're phone will be faster so.

Good Luck Getting More Ram!

I already use oc on my phone! 1,7 Ghz
No Changes.
16th April 2012, 02:31 PM   |  #607  
Flag Yzerfontein
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
More
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayiskon

if the camera was working, cm9 would've been the best piece of software for our device GPS (from cold) locks in 2 seconds, to 7-8 satellites at least, furthermore, it even locks if u are not in the open, with samsung stock roms it seemed like the gps antenna on i9001 is very weak, i never could get a lock while i'm in the apartment (8th floor in a 10 floor building), i had to stick my hand out of the window and wait for a few minutes. with cm9 i get a lock within 5-10 seconds while i'm inside the apartment.
battery life? 1 day 13h still have 37% left, and i've used my phone a lot, watched youtube, surfed, read xda a lot, wifi always ON, few sms... the only hint for that is that u have to have a caliberated battery.
wifi shows lower signal than on stock roms (in terms of bars u see in the icon), but speed is not affected, so it might well be only visual.
RAM management is the killer part, i never got over 250 mb of used RAM, and i have all sort of apps running, whatsapp, viber, facebook,elixir... and all of them take it's share. with cm9 u get 370mb of free RAM (at least for now).
smoothness and very rare wake lag are also important factors that talk in cm9's favor.
there are still some bugs in cm9, no one is ignoring that, but in my opinion it's already (by far) better than stock, camera is the only limiting factor (and actually i usually use it quite frequently) , other than that KQB is no where in the rank of cm9

Well that's a very positive review.... give me the camera and I'll give it a spin
16th April 2012, 02:48 PM   |  #608  
Flag Wolfsburg

23 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmbadroid

Did you try Simplistic rom from Dutch.ly?

Sent from my GT-I9001 using XDA

No, what can you tell me about this rom?
Do you have more free RAM?
i dont use realy much apps, but some how they start in the background and tortures my phone until i only have approx. 40 MB free.
This situation makes it slow.

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 PM ----------

@rayiskon

I had no Camera on Cranium RC9 too.
MIUI Camera runs now on it and the camera opens very fast.
But im still not proud of this cam, its more like a lightsensor which try to create a picture
Last edited by Freaki81; 16th April 2012 at 02:51 PM.
16th April 2012, 03:37 PM   |  #609  
Flag mnster
Thanks Meter: 85

193 posts
Does anyone know what the Dialer is linked to? Only Phone.apk? Somehow I was able to mess that up.
Always get a notification "App is not installed" when I try to open Dialer through Launchericon.

Deleting Phone.apk and pushing it (unchanged) to system/app again doesnt work(even after reboot)
Last edited by annqx; 16th April 2012 at 03:57 PM.
16th April 2012, 03:55 PM   |  #610  
Flag Vitez
Thanks Meter: 152

393 posts
More
[QUOTE=Freaki81;24920538]No, what can you tell me about this rom?
Do you have more free RAM?
i dont use realy much apps, but some how they start in the background and tortures my phone until i only have approx. 40 MB free.
This situation makes it slow.[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 PM ----------

Well, from the available custom rom for our devices, I had the best experience with Simplistic Plus 2.0.
No FCS, stable, fast, good battery life (2 days average) and so on and so on.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread