Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,193 Members 36,642 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 alpha6: Android 4.0.4 for Samsung Epic 4G Touch

Tip us?
 
Seddy318
Old
#1541  
Seddy318's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 73
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: BALTIMORE
I wanna start by saying that I am in love with this Rom. GPS works great and locks pretty fast and I didn't have to do any fixes. My 3G data is faster than it was before I installed this Rom. Haven't tested 4G yet but i'll do that when I get home. The same goes for the wifi. I absolutely LOVE the music widget built into the lock screen.

I do have a few questions. Im sure they have probably been answered in one of the 155 pages but I tried searching to no avail.

1. I remember a previous CM rom that I installed on my OG Epic that had notification icons that were animated. (ex. the sms icon kinda spun around and zoomed in). Are these being worked on or were they scrapped?

2. I also remember being able to change the phone answer type in the OG Epic CM Rom. Has this been scrapped also or is it in the works?

Thats all I can think of for now. Other than that everything is great! I cant wait until the theme, icons, dock etc. are fully functional.

Thanks DEV's for your hard work and dedication! Blanca (Thats my phones name) is happy again! LOL
Device - Samsung Galaxy S III
Rom - CyanogenMod X.I. | Theme - Gunmetal Cobalt
 
SantinoInc
Old
#1542  
SantinoInc's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 717
Posts: 2,446
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NYC
Kernel question for you guys:

I flashed the FDO2 kernel that darchstar himself posted here like 2 weeks ago and for the most part it has worked fine but I have been experiencing occasional LOS that requires me to toggle airplane mode to get rid of. Would you guys suggest I try the FD02 Rogue Repack kernel instead?
Free 15GB storage plus an additional 5GB for using my referral link. You can also get an additional 5GB for every person you get to join! Of course it has a Android app with features such as automatically syncing any photos/videos you have recently taken when you are on WiFi. Give it a shot!
https://copy.com?r=yxvvP2
The Following User Says Thank You to SantinoInc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
justlovejoy
Old
#1543  
justlovejoy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,016
Posts: 1,074
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cybertron/Earth

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by SantinoInc View Post
Kernel question for you guys:

I flashed the FDO2 kernel that darchstar himself posted here like 2 weeks ago and for the most part it has worked fine but I have been experiencing occasional LOS that requires me to toggle airplane mode to get rid of. Would you guys suggest I try the FD02 Rogue Repack kernel instead?
Its been low level for me on Fd10 I always thought the modem that was best has been el26. Might be a heck of a lot slower but, on higher modems I can get Los but never need airplane mode to fix. I'm on fd05 modem and it's alright. I know you talking kernel but stock kernel has always been my friend.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
Sig Is Under ConStruct!
 
lopezpm
Old
#1544  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 137
Posts: 746
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Lathrup Village
Quote:
Originally Posted by SantinoInc View Post
Kernel question for you guys:

I flashed the FDO2 kernel that darchstar himself posted here like 2 weeks ago and for the most part it has worked fine but I have been experiencing occasional LOS that requires me to toggle airplane mode to get rid of. Would you guys suggest I try the FD02 Rogue Repack kernel instead?
I'm running it now and it's been working great
 
SantinoInc
Old
#1545  
SantinoInc's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 717
Posts: 2,446
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by justlovejoy View Post
Its been low level for me on Fd10 I always thought the modem that was best has been el26. Might be a heck of a lot slower but, on higher modems I can get Los but never need airplane mode to fix. I'm on fd05 modem and it's alright. I know you talking kernel but stock kernel has always been my friend.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
I hear what you're saying about the modem potentially being the problem, and that makes sense. However, my modem has remained the same since I first flashed this rom and I have only experienced sporadic LOS since I flashed the FD02 kernel darchstar posted a while ago which leads be to believe this is more kernel then battery related.
Free 15GB storage plus an additional 5GB for using my referral link. You can also get an additional 5GB for every person you get to join! Of course it has a Android app with features such as automatically syncing any photos/videos you have recently taken when you are on WiFi. Give it a shot!
https://copy.com?r=yxvvP2
 
Wizard Knight
Old
#1546  
Wizard Knight's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 257
Posts: 967
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Long Island, New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seddy318 View Post
I wanna start by saying that I am in love with this Rom. GPS works great and locks pretty fast and I didn't have to do any fixes. My 3G data is faster than it was before I installed this Rom. Haven't tested 4G yet but i'll do that when I get home. The same goes for the wifi. I absolutely LOVE the music widget built into the lock screen.

I do have a few questions. Im sure they have probably been answered in one of the 155 pages but I tried searching to no avail.

1. I remember a previous CM rom that I installed on my OG Epic that had notification icons that were animated. (ex. the sms icon kinda spun around and zoomed in). Are these being worked on or were they scrapped?

2. I also remember being able to change the phone answer type in the OG Epic CM Rom. Has this been scrapped also or is it in the works?

Thats all I can think of for now. Other than that everything is great! I cant wait until the theme, icons, dock etc. are fully functional.

Thanks DEV's for your hard work and dedication! Blanca (Thats my phones name) is happy again! LOL
1. Was a theme. Cm9 doesn't have theme support... yet

2. I'm sure more customization options will come in time

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
 
agentfazexx
Old
#1547  
agentfazexx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 352
Posts: 4,845
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Reisterstown Maryland, USA
Never got an answer on this...

Can I use steady hawkin's FD02 CWM kernel on this ROM without breaking anything?
Devices:
Samsung Galaxy S IV
ROM: CM11 M9 Snapshot [Official]
Recovery: ClockworkMod 6.0.4.7

Tablets:
Sprint Samsung Galaxy Tab 3
ROM: CM11 [Unofficial]
Recovery: ClockworkMod 6.0.4.7

Google Nexus 7
ROM: CM11 Nightly 9/1 [Official]
Recovery: ClockworkMod 6.0.4.3

Acer A500
ROM: OMNIRom v9 Android 4.4.2
Recovery: Thor's Recovery 1.8.1

Did I help you? Click "thanks" under my post!

Circle me on Google+
 
SantinoInc
Old
#1548  
SantinoInc's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 717
Posts: 2,446
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentfazexx View Post
Never got an answer on this...

Can I use steady hawkin's FD02 CWM kernel on this ROM without breaking anything?
Apparently YES according to numerous posts on the last couple pages. I'm thinking about giving it a shot because I had some LOS with the FD02 kernel darchstar posted a while ago. Of course, now its working perfectly fine so I will hold off until I get another LOS.
Free 15GB storage plus an additional 5GB for using my referral link. You can also get an additional 5GB for every person you get to join! Of course it has a Android app with features such as automatically syncing any photos/videos you have recently taken when you are on WiFi. Give it a shot!
https://copy.com?r=yxvvP2
 
agentfazexx
Old
#1549  
agentfazexx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 352
Posts: 4,845
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Reisterstown Maryland, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by SantinoInc View Post
Apparently YES according to numerous posts on the last couple pages. I'm thinking about giving it a shot because I had some LOS with the FD02 kernel darchstar posted a while ago. Of course, now its working perfectly fine so I will hold off until I get another LOS.
Does it improve battery life at all? That's my main concern...
Devices:
Samsung Galaxy S IV
ROM: CM11 M9 Snapshot [Official]
Recovery: ClockworkMod 6.0.4.7

Tablets:
Sprint Samsung Galaxy Tab 3
ROM: CM11 [Unofficial]
Recovery: ClockworkMod 6.0.4.7

Google Nexus 7
ROM: CM11 Nightly 9/1 [Official]
Recovery: ClockworkMod 6.0.4.3

Acer A500
ROM: OMNIRom v9 Android 4.4.2
Recovery: Thor's Recovery 1.8.1

Did I help you? Click "thanks" under my post!

Circle me on Google+
 
SantinoInc
Old
#1550  
SantinoInc's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 717
Posts: 2,446
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentfazexx View Post
Does it improve battery life at all? That's my main concern...
I guess we'll find out after we flash it
Free 15GB storage plus an additional 5GB for using my referral link. You can also get an additional 5GB for every person you get to join! Of course it has a Android app with features such as automatically syncing any photos/videos you have recently taken when you are on WiFi. Give it a shot!
https://copy.com?r=yxvvP2

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes