5,605,026 Members 34,346 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Dual core or quad core

Tip us?
 
exb0
Old
#331  
exb0's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 396
Posts: 1,733
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: 3.137136,101.594663
Quote:
Originally Posted by riz.nexus View Post
Galaxy nexus is a good option and as far as the dua/quad query, for a normal user not much of a difference, i just had a hands on HTC One X and it's good no doubt but the exorbitant pricing of this phone does not go in it's favour. i thought my GNexus was on par with it. checkout the test bench for HTC one S, it being a dual core beats quad core heads down.
then again, those are benchmarks. I remember a thread complaining about the nexus s, it had really high scores but bad real life usage.

It boils down to personal flavour. I prefer dual core because its more matured than quad core. But there are people that would say otherwise.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
Current Devices :
LG Nexus 5
LG Nexus 4
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Sony W810


Ex Devices :
HTC Dream - SOLD
HTC HD2 - Water Damaged :'(
LG Nexus 4 - Stolen </3
HTC Sensation - Retired
Nexus One - Retired
ZTE V9 - Retired


My Google Plus
My Website
Transparent StatusBar Mod Thanks to ZduneX25
Register for Dropbox here
 
SteelToast
Old
#332  
Member
Thanks Meter 25
Posts: 65
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Edmonton
Dual core A15s are the way to go currently until quad core A15s come out. As most apps aren't made to take advantages of 4 cores, so a way more powerful dual core is your best bet.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
-----------------------------------------------------
Current Phone: Galaxy Nexus

"I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code."
The Following User Says Thank You to SteelToast For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
~Immo~
Old
#333  
Member
Thanks Meter 62
Posts: 70
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quadcore will be very useful on real multi tasking like Maemo on the n900....

Hopefully we will see it in future updates of Android??..

As for the One X i Think the battery is not actually that bad. Its very good when idle but can get a bit greedy in use, but all boils down to what you actually use the phone for and how often..
 
inthestarrysky
Old
#334  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Melbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen2282 View Post
Dual-core if u just do basic things on ur phone eg. web browsing, social networking, light games

Quad-core if u want eg. hardcore games, benchmark tests , future optimization~~

Dual-core for the regular, quad-core for the safe side.

And dun worry bout battery life. quad core r rly optimized to have btr battery life on standby n while using they change their processing power to suit ur usage.

Cheers

The hardware requirements we place on phones doubles about every year but my Galaxy Note can handle almost anything I can throw at it 1.4Ghz dual cure is well an truly future proof at least for now and more cores doesn't necessarily make it faster just means you can do more things at once you want a higher clock speed, rather than worrying about how many cores your phone has think about how much RAM it has
 
~Immo~
Old
#335  
Member
Thanks Meter 62
Posts: 70
Join Date: Apr 2012
Will be interesting to see the apps that support the 4+1 cpu..

I know there are a few kicking about but none that really appeal to me...


To prevent spam to the forums, ALL new users are not permitted to post outside links in their messages. After approximately eight posts, you will be able to post outside links. Thanks for understanding!

Nice ^ -.-

Anyway google 4+1 cpu Tegra and you will see a few apps that support the tegra 4+1
 
corge
Old
#336  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 23
Join Date: Apr 2012
I'd like to have something with dual-core A15. However, it would be interesting to compare its performance+powersaving with 4+1 systems.
 
ill peripheral
Old
#337  
ill peripheral's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Saskatoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooan836 View Post
In some cases dual core processors can actually be faster than processors with quad core...
Not to mention more power efficient.
 
bocrazy
Old
#338  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 25
Join Date: Oct 2011
So newer games may like the quad core better, but like the 1st response, most of the time i dont think you would need it, and then the extra umph would kill battery...
 
Skyღ
Old
#339  
Skyღ's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 131
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: In your house
Quote:
Originally Posted by JunyuT. View Post
people would tell you to get the quad, but personally I wouldn't cause
a : No app needs THAT much power yet, ( I might be wrong here. )
b : Battery life.
What you say is correct , because people tend to buy quad processors for gaming .
 
exb0
Old
#340  
exb0's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 396
Posts: 1,733
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: 3.137136,101.594663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyღ View Post
What you say is correct , because people tend to buy quad processors for gaming .
If someone were to make a game that needs quad core, they're stupid. The fact is no one would make quad core apps now cause the industry is dominated by single and dual cores. If they make an app that needs quad core, single and dual core users can't use it. Thus earning less for them.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
Current Devices :
LG Nexus 5
LG Nexus 4
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Sony W810


Ex Devices :
HTC Dream - SOLD
HTC HD2 - Water Damaged :'(
LG Nexus 4 - Stolen </3
HTC Sensation - Retired
Nexus One - Retired
ZTE V9 - Retired


My Google Plus
My Website
Transparent StatusBar Mod Thanks to ZduneX25
Register for Dropbox here

The Following User Says Thank You to exb0 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes