Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Battery Charged in 30 Seconds? Maybe in 2016

Phones and tablets are getting more and more power hungry with each passing generation. Their … more

ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Handset getting very hot

OP Abernus

16th April 2012, 03:22 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

22 posts
Hi all,

I know this has been asked before but instead of hijacking someone else’s thread I thought it best to start my own.

I got the HTC one X last Saturday (07/04/12) I have been messing around and getting used to the phone for a week now as I was an iPhone user. So I have not done much with the phone lately. Today I decided on my lunch break to play the game Where's My Water. After about 20 mins I noticed that the screen was very hot. In fact it was that hot it was uncomfortable to touch (mainly at the top) also the back of the phone (mainly at the top) was hot.

I know some people have mentioned that the handset get warm but mine is getting very hot, is this normal for this phone or would this be classed as a fault?? If this is a fault what should I do, contact HTC or go back to the retailer?

Thanks
16th April 2012, 03:27 PM   |  #2  
Flag Dublin
Thanks Meter: 101

1,319 posts
More
As far as I know, you would check with retailer for replacement, if this turns out to be a defect. Mine never got that hot, but I don't remember playing for more than few minutes.
16th April 2012, 03:50 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

22 posts
THanks schriss for a quick responce. I would also like to hear from other users who have done a bit of gaming on the phone to see if they also experience the same heat issue.
16th April 2012, 03:54 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 20

133 posts
I have this problem too, but I've seen many others report this so I'm wondering if this is just the way the phone is made.

Is there any definitive way to find out how hot my phone gets, without relying on my feeling, such that I can send some actual numbers to HTC support/cross verify with you guys that this is actually an individual phone defect, and not just bad design present on all of the HOXs?
Last edited by ULAMSS5; 16th April 2012 at 03:59 PM.
16th April 2012, 04:24 PM   |  #5  
Flag Dublin

1,319 posts
More
How much is infrared/laser thermometer?

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

I just launched Shadowgun for 5 mins and phone got worm, not nowhere near "hot". It didn't become wormer and wormer, just stayed "worm".
16th April 2012, 05:17 PM   |  #6  
Flag pune

2 posts
More
mine tends to get really warm on charging and when im on a long duration call..otherwise its okay..
17th April 2012, 04:00 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 56

186 posts
Official HTC Statement: HTC One X is normal to overheat
17th April 2012, 12:02 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 20

133 posts
Well that's a big party pooper.
17th April 2012, 12:53 PM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member

22 posts
JayceOoi: My wife found the exact same link yesterday at work and sent it to me. I decided to try and call the retailer anyway and they agreed to swap it out. So today I have a new phone and will need to pop it on charge tonight and see what it does after a gaming session.

I know they can get warm but not the temps I was getting :P Fingers crossed.
17th April 2012, 02:23 PM   |  #10  
Flag Dublin

1,319 posts
More
It's subjective.. I guess until we all get infrared/laser temp, we can't compare. For me it never gets hot, its always either worm or very worm, but I would never call it hot.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread