Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,819 Members 41,253 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Galaxy Note: The amount of its laggyness?

Tip us?
 
MicroNuts
Old
#21  
Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 79
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Chicago
Had same problem and was able to get it faster and running smoother by moving all my apps to the external sd. The system partition is very small. Freeing up space will solve the lag problem.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA
 
Mystic38
Old
#22  
Mystic38's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 61
Posts: 202
Join Date: Mar 2012
p.s... I dont have any lag.. even after i read this thread!!..

Quote:
Originally Posted by filthykid View Post
This device has NOTHING bad in it.. Just the LAG LAG LAG!
Nice post though! Loved it.
Galaxy Note GT-7000
 
filthykid
Old
#23  
filthykid's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 79
Posts: 806
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo9er View Post
I am using stock GB and I have almost no lag. Maybe you should make a video and show us what lag you are talking about.

Not possible. As mentioned above, I don't own one. I saw it in stores and capturing video isn't allowed there. But as I explained all, the lag is definitely there. Let me grab one and I HOPEEE and PRAY it doesn't lag.

P.S.: Did you guys check out Samsung Galaxy S3 being announced on May 3rd?
What do you guys suggest.. should I wait for it to launch and then grab a Note as the prices might fall due to the launch of S3? Or you think it won't affect the price of SG Note?
 
filthykid
Old
#24  
filthykid's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 79
Posts: 806
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by unpro View Post
It's on the latest firmware available in my country (Malaysia)

All I can think is, Gingerbread is just far inferior to ICS or Honeycomb. Nokia Lumia is a lot faster too (hope that word is not banned here)

Then again, some items images/video captured in 7.7 is only 3.2mp vs 8mp.
Well that's bad. I hope someone in here would pay his 2 cents and help this bro out?
 
filthykid
Old
#25  
filthykid's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 79
Posts: 806
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroNuts View Post
Had same problem and was able to get it faster and running smoother by moving all my apps to the external sd. The system partition is very small. Freeing up space will solve the lag problem.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA

What is the size of your external memory card?
8 GB? I have heard the higher the memory card is, the slower it makes the cell phone.
 
filthykid
Old
#26  
filthykid's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 79
Posts: 806
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by uberNoobZA View Post
I am using stock rom (gingerbread) at the moment and experience none of the lag you refer to. I also tried some of the ics roms and also no lag.

The only time my phone 'hesitates' is sometimes when I unlock it as it switches from widget locker to lock screen. Now as it is a 3rd party app doing it, I can hardly blame the note. I love my note and even got rid of my galaxy nexus and asus tf101 when i got the note.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium
You have talked about a good point here, regarding the 3rd party apps. But the ones I checked did not have any 3rd part apps.
I think that lag was due to the reason that they kept those pieces on display and thousand people probably used it or abused it. Hence the phone lost its smoothy charm? Perhaps
 
filthykid
Old
#27  
filthykid's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 79
Posts: 806
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic38 View Post
p.s... I dont have any lag.. even after i read this thread!!..
Man I envy your note

If you scroll this page or a page with lets say 100 replies (which will make the page REALLY long). the scrolling doesn't lag? NOT AT ALL?
 
abhisahara
Old
#28  
abhisahara's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1710
Posts: 1,560
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Bangalore

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by filthykid View Post
Man I envy your note

If you scroll this page or a page with lets say 100 replies (which will make the page REALLY long). the scrolling doesn't lag? NOT AT ALL?
See told ya Not even on 400+ pages of ICS stunner thread And m running on stunner. Butter smooth. You should try it once and maybe then i would see you writing down one last post. Problem resolved. Please close this thread

Cheers!!
 
krhn
Old
#29  
krhn's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 39
Join Date: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by filthykid View Post
Not possible. As mentioned above, I don't own one. I saw it in stores and capturing video isn't allowed there. But as I explained all, the lag is definitely there. Let me grab one and I HOPEEE and PRAY it doesn't lag.

P.S.: Did you guys check out Samsung Galaxy S3 being announced on May 3rd?
What do you guys suggest.. should I wait for it to launch and then grab a Note as the prices might fall due to the launch of S3? Or you think it won't affect the price of SG Note?
I don't think the price of Note will fall (though i'm biased since i just owned one 6 days ago) xD, nevertheless - it'll really depend on what size the S3 is... if its the same size (highly doubtful) as the note then definitely since the firmware and phone is brand (spanking) new however if its in the region of 4.3 - 4.5in then it'll all depend if its a good phone or not - though speculation says its gonna be "beast". If the size is the latter then possibly prices may fall but not by much
 
qazzi76
Old
#30  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 83
Posts: 393
Join Date: Dec 2004
Default Nope - you are mistaken.

Agreed, 2.3.6 was a laggy mess although it improved leaps and bounds with LA1

But you are mistaken...

Every ICS ROM I have used has been amazing and Lag free.

Every. Single. One.

Yes this problem is resolved with ICS and No it doesn't slow down with daily usage in my experience - even with 200 apps.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes