Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,815 Members 40,450 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Pinning A Website And Changing The Tile?

Tip us?

bmstrong
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 311
Default [Q] Pinning A Website And Changing The Tile?

When you pin a website it takes a snapshot of that page, that day, that minute and uses that as the tile. Is there any way to change that, short of actually grabbing the application, if it has one, for that website?

wpxbox
Old
Thanks Meter 41
The update doesnt happen automatically. Even I expected it to update when I launch it using that tile.

I am not sure what you mean by grabbing that application. Can you explain it a bit?

gpost104
Old
Thanks Meter 0
When you click Pin to Start, it will take a screenshot of the page you are on. You can zoom in to something that looks good and maybe get something that looks decent. It takes it from the top half of the display screen

GoodDayToDie
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2,699
Re-pin the site. It should re-generate the tile image. You may need to unpin it first.
Win8/Windows RT projects:
List of desktop apps for hacked RT devices

WP8 projects:
Native Access WebServer and Libraries
WP8 Interop Unlocks
Storage Cleanup tool

WP7 projects:
XapHandler, Root Webserver, OEM Marketplace XAPs, Bookmarklets collection (Find On Page), Interop-unlock hacks.

Do not private message me with questions that should have been posted on the forum! Not only are you wasting your time - I'm not going to bother writing an answer to such a question for only one person - but I will probably block you from PMing me in the future as well.