Originally Posted by Don_Perrignon
But, I do need both S-off and root.
Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA
1. With the Amaze, you get a cheaper (price-wise not quality) phone than the One S/X.
2. Barely any difference in the Amaze and the One S power-wise.
3. One S does not have an SD-card slot so you're stuck with 16 GB forever on that phone. Amaze has 16 GB internal memory AND has an SD card slot that will work with 64GB microSD.
4. One S/X do not have removeable batteries, so if they go bad, you have to send the whole phone back for repair/replacement. Also can't carry extra batteries with you to switch out during a long day.
5. I've read that the ceramic cases on the One series have been chipping (poor build quality?).
6. Amaze is supported by Madmaxx's 4EXT recovery, so it can flash kernels from recovery without S-OFF (S-OFF exploit has been discovered though and will probably be released soon).
7. One S/X will have Sense 4.0, while the Amaze should have 3.6 (if you like Sense).
8. One S/X will have ICS right out of the box. Amaze should be receiving it soon.
9. The Amaze's capacitive buttons cause a light bleed on the screen (these can be turned off with root access).
In the end though, the choice is yours. I personally feel like the One S is a downgrade from the Amaze without the microSD. Also (just a small correction to something you wrote) we do have root on this phone.
16 GB Google Nexus 4 - Stock (4.3) - Rooted
HTC Ruby (Amaze 4G) - NRG ICS Rom - S-OFF - 4EXT Recovery - 64 GB Class 10 card
Motorola Xoom (Wifi) - Stock (4.1.2) Rooted - 32 GB Class 4 card
HTC Glacier (MyTouch 4G) - MIUI - S-OFF - 4EXT Recovery - 32 GB Class 4 card
HTC T-Mobile G1 - GinSense v1.0