Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Bought a tablet last week - should I return it because of ICS?

OP SilverViking

12th April 2012, 08:44 PM   |  #41  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

40 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by anarox

Hate to be saying thiS but return them both. Im having multiple issues with mine. It is unrooted and stock. Youtube freezes, lag when watching videos, random reboots and sleep of death. Buy your father an ipad and show him how to use itunes. Android is good for people who need an open filesystem and acess to torrent program and flash content. For me personally its worth the problems because I need the keyboard dock and just love the freedom of android.

My two cents

The thing is if he used an iPad he can't watch sports online since it won't support it. Whereas on the tablet we've tested it and it's been great. His main use was for sports, but he also has started to go on youtube.
12th April 2012, 08:46 PM   |  #42  
OP Member

40 posts
So it's been day 2 and so far it's been okay. How long after ICS update does it normally start going funny?

The only negative thing I've seen (which I haven't ever had on my smartphone) is the screen flickering on the youtube app for some reason where the keyboard comes up. And sometimes when on a video page, but if I take HD off it greatly reduced. Probably specific to certain videos. It's not a big issue or anything as it's not the ain use of the tablet.
12th April 2012, 09:55 PM   |  #43  
Thanks Meter: 23

175 posts
Red face
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverViking

So it's been day 2 and so far it's been okay. How long after ICS update does it normally start going funny?

The only negative thing I've seen (which I haven't ever had on my smartphone) is the screen flickering on the youtube app for some reason where the keyboard comes up. And sometimes when on a video page, but if I take HD off it greatly reduced. Probably specific to certain videos. It's not a big issue or anything as it's not the ain use of the tablet.

If you go to the youtube website and click "desktop" at the bottom of the page it acutally works better than the mobile site. Get "stick it" videoplayer, that enables you to watch youtube videos while browsing other sites (android exclusive

in combo with overskreen browser app its an amazing experience that only android can provide! If you have any questions just ask them here and we will try to assist you any way we can
Btw download ics browser +, the default gives me some weird freezes.
Last edited by anarox; 12th April 2012 at 09:57 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to anarox For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th April 2012, 04:05 AM   |  #44  
Thanks Meter: 410

941 posts
Quote:

There is no 'normally', its random :/.
Some gets it every day (I did on stock asus ics), some gets it rarely, some not at all.

What I think most people here will agree on though, is that the custom roms available generally holds a lot higher stability.
On custom roms my tablet never ran less than 60h before crashing, and EOS build 19 ran for ~230h before giving me a SOD (its a bit hard to say the exact uptime, as I was asleep when it happened ).
The Following User Says Thank You to Goatshocker For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th April 2012, 04:19 AM   |  #45  
Thanks Meter: 43

333 posts
More
Quote:

I'll have to get the tablet and see how it goes. I really hope it doesn't fail. The iPad is not a option for me since it is so limited.

Why can't all people he as open minded as you? Haha.

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to ThEiiNoCeNT For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th April 2012, 06:20 PM   |  #46  
Thanks Meter: 23

175 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThEiiNoCeNT

Why can't all people he as open minded as you? Haha.

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using xda premium

The ipad is an excellent device, I dont own one but I looks like a pretty sweet toy... wouldent mind picking one up for gaming!

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
16th April 2012, 04:37 PM   |  #47  
OP Member

40 posts
My tablet has finally arrived and it's the same as my dad's, a C30.
18th April 2012, 10:17 PM   |  #48  
OP Member

40 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by anarox

If you go to the youtube website and click "desktop" at the bottom of the page it acutally works better than the mobile site. Get "stick it" videoplayer, that enables you to watch youtube videos while browsing other sites (android exclusive

in combo with overskreen browser app its an amazing experience that only android can provide! If you have any questions just ask them here and we will try to assist you any way we can
Btw download ics browser +, the default gives me some weird freezes.

I've checked to find the app costs 1.19. Don't really want to spend on an app yet. Have downloaded the browser app though.
19th April 2012, 07:43 AM   |  #49  
Flag Albertville, MN
Thanks Meter: 35

186 posts
More
I am glad I read this thread, I just got this Tablet for my Wife for her birthday to replace her junky laptop.

Thank you all for your input!

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk 2
19th April 2012, 08:09 AM   |  #50  
Thanks Meter: 5

110 posts
I didn't realize so many people were having problems. Mine has only had one random reboot, ever. I'm running Megatron which is CM 9 based, and I won't go back to the ASUS firmware, ever. I like the feel of AOSP better.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread