[Q] Can't flash .32 ROMs, .35 works OK

OP m00nchile

16th April 2012, 12:45 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Like the title said, I was trying to flash Geno or Ezet CM7 build and on both I got a boot loop. I followed the instructions to the letter, I first downgraded to Froyo (had the official GB update), did all the wipes and still nothing. Even restoring the backup image via CWM (back to official Froyo) got me into a boot loop. However, installing Aurora by dzo over the official GB rom goes without a hitch. I'd really like to try out a .32 CM7 rom, since I've heard so much good stuff about it, but just can't and Aurora does give me a few minor problems I'd rather live without (still an awesome rom, dzo is a really cool dude).
16th April 2012, 12:52 PM   |  #2  
Flag Ponta Delgada
Thanks Meter: 1,141

2,052 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by m00nchile

Like the title said, I was trying to flash Geno or Ezet CM7 build and on both I got a boot loop. I followed the instructions to the letter, I first downgraded to Froyo (had the official GB update), did all the wipes and still nothing. Even restoring the backup image via CWM (back to official Froyo) got me into a boot loop. However, installing Aurora by dzo over the official GB rom goes without a hitch. I'd really like to try out a .32 CM7 rom, since I've heard so much good stuff about it, but just can't and Aurora does give me a few minor problems I'd rather live without (still an awesome rom, dzo is a really cool dude).

What CWM versions are you using? To install .32 ROMS, please use official 5.0.2.6, for .35 and 3.0.8 ROMS, use 5.5.0.4.
The Following User Says Thank You to fjsferreira For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th April 2012, 01:59 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjsferreira

What CWM versions are you using? To install .32 ROMS, please use official 5.0.2.6, for .35 and 3.0.8 ROMS, use 5.5.0.4.

Ah, I was using 5.5.0.4 for both, I'll try the CM again with 5.0.2.6, could be the missing piece of the puzzle, thanks a lot.
16th April 2012, 02:21 PM   |  #4  
Flag Ponta Delgada
Thanks Meter: 1,141

2,052 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by m00nchile

Ah, I was using 5.5.0.4 for both, I'll try the CM again with 5.0.2.6, could be the missing piece of the puzzle, thanks a lot.

Let us know if that was the problem... I'm suspecting it is :)
16th April 2012, 04:09 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjsferreira

Let us know if that was the problem... I'm suspecting it is :)

You suspected right, I'm in CM7 as we speak, thanks for the help.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread