Official Indian HTC One X Owner's Thread - views, reviews and more!!

Search This thread

flame10

Dec 26, 2009
1 day on one x, no issues found.. I can confirm that the current build is quite usable as well. Just think about the sweet updates ahead.

sumeshd

Nov 5, 2010
Mumbai
1 year being with sgs2..imo even if they throw a full hd amoled++ screen on sgs3 then also touchwiz will ruin d whole experience of it..its so cartoony that sometimes one has to wonder if its a smartphone or a Nintendo..:p
And after waiting for a full year for porting of HTC sence 3.0 on sgs2 it still was wip and no progress at the and of the year..1 week back..
And one week with sense on hox and I believe that sense is king of smartness and usability in all d launcher on any android platform..
So no, thank u to sgs3..I am in love wid my one x..

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

krunal1981

Nov 19, 2009
Bangalore
well i am getting a DOA certificate from HTC . probably get the new HTC one X see if the issues are not in the new one. if there are then i will have no option but to sell the one x. the Service Centre guy also was pissed coz he has given out way too many DOA's and people speaking to him so rudely as if he has worked on the software stuff.

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

the biggest thing which will kill S3 will be its crappy touchwiz which makes it look like a cheap toy phone

htc sense is much mature and user friendly and one x already have the latest in technology for this year, s3 will have another super super amoled which will make it fake colour and unnatural to look at, one x screen is natural and superb s3 wont compete with it

yes one x does need a software update to address few of its issue which HTC will surely get it done asap

HTC Sense is mature but a RAM hogger . It may look natural but whats the point if the software is crappy . phone heating up. i was happy with my Gnexus . dont know what made me buy this . anyway getting my DOA certificate in another hours time. lets see what happens next.

Reactions: krazyf

flame10

Dec 26, 2009
My 2.5 yr old HTC HD2 (originally on WinMobile 6.5), currently on Android ICS MiUI, has got me resale value of 12.5K (bought at 34K), there are scratches on the battery cover, rest in good condition, oc'd to 1.3Ghz ..

I cannot agree that Samsung would have given me better resale value. Because I cannot remember a 4.2" phone of Samsung 3 years ago, forget about the capacitive multitouch capability and the beautiful aluminium body.

HTC Dev following is the best.. you won't bother selling your mobile very soon.. something will keep happening to your HTC phone to keep it of interest. Even if you sell your mobile 2 years down the line.. HTC's wonderful build quality will keep your mobile much better than anything else.

Good Quality Hardware + HTC Dev Base (Mainly XDA) ... 2 yrs down the line .. better resale value.

Reactions: ajeya and krazyf

saj2001ind

Dec 24, 2007
well i am getting a DOA certificate from HTC . probably get the new HTC one X see if the issues are not in the new one. if there are then i will have no option but to sell the one x. the Service Centre guy also was pissed coz he has given out way too many DOA's and people speaking to him so rudely as if he has worked on the software stuff.

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

HTC Sense is mature but a RAM hogger . It may look natural but whats the point if the software is crappy . phone heating up. i was happy with my Gnexus . dont know what made me buy this . anyway getting my DOA certificate in another hours time. lets see what happens next.

what was the major problem which lead you to take the DOA ?

I can see the heating had gradually lower even if I play games while charging, I know its not a perfect phone but which android phone is at present ? and if samsung only give up their crappy childish touchwiz then its worth getting S3 else One X is better option .... have owned S1 and S2 and I know how crappy they are so cannt go back to them at all now

gnexus, yes indeed but it should come with 32GB internal or microsd everything else is good there but again One x is better, so far I am happy :)

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

On the same line, anyone from Pune who also got a DOA from HTC and are getting their One X replaced ?

Reactions: ajeya

gdatuk

Jun 29, 2010
Bangalore
I got my HOX last week in bangalore for 36k. I am happy with it so far. Check out unboxing video, gallery and initial impressions on phonelicious.wordpress.com

Few issues i have noticed so far
  • FM Radio when set on speaker is not loud enough
  • Charging is very very slow. Takes about 3 hours.
  • Some graphic intensive apps make the mobile hot

Any fix for these available?

krunal1981

Nov 19, 2009
Bangalore
what was the major problem which lead you to take the DOA ?

I can see the heating had gradually lower even if I play games while charging, I know its not a perfect phone but which android phone is at present ? and if samsung only give up their crappy childish touchwiz then its worth getting S3 else One X is better option .... have owned S1 and S2 and I know how crappy they are so cannt go back to them at all now

gnexus, yes indeed but it should come with 32GB internal or microsd everything else is good there but again One x is better, so far I am happy :)

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

On the same line, anyone from Pune who also got a DOA from HTC and are getting their One X replaced ?

if you slide down your notification bar and slide it back up till the status bar .... all icons on the status bar gets fuzzy. After that open the camera app and you will see green lines like graphic equaliser running across the screen. if you are using the productivity lockscreen then you will see that it flickers when you press the on/off button. Try using a grey background wallpaper , it will flicker.
When you open the camera app, the screen will flicker.

Are you telling me that you are ok to pay 37k for a not so perfect phone? HTC should have done a UAT before releasing this phone. They had WiFi and power switch issues with Sensation as well.

---------- Post added at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 PM ----------

if you slide down your notification bar and slide it back up till the status bar .... all icons on the status bar gets fuzzy. After that open the camera app and you will see green lines like graphic equaliser running across the screen. if you are using the productivity lockscreen then you will see that it flickers when you press the on/off button. Try using a grey background wallpaper , it will flicker.

Are you telling me that you are ok to pay 37k for a not so perfect phone? HTC should have done a UAT before releasing this phone. They had WiFi and power switch issues with Sensation as well.

BTW Google has told all the OEM's to do away with Microsd card slots. Sony, HTC have already taken it off from their flagship phones. So all of you who want more memory will have to live with 32gigs , unless the OEM's decide to launch phones with 64gigs like iphone has.

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------

well in medical its commonly "dead on arrival" its used for electronics as well....

i have tried re-creating the bugs on the new piece , till now its alright. lets see in the next couple of days . but one things for sure.... this will be my last HTC phone. i burnt my fingers with sensation and burnt meself again with the one x.

saj2001ind

Dec 24, 2007

---------- Post added at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 PM ----------

BTW Google has told all the OEM's to do away with Microsd card slots. Sony, HTC have already taken it off from their flagship phones. So all of you who want more memory will have to live with 32gigs , unless the OEM's decide to launch phones with 64gigs like iphone has.

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------

i have tried re-creating the bugs on the new piece , till now its alright. lets see in the next couple of days . but one things for sure.... this will be my last HTC phone. i burnt my fingers with sensation and burnt meself again with the one x.

ok I tried the issues you mentioned on my and well as one of my friend';s white One x

1) notification, tried many combinations, no flicker at all anywhere
2) never seen any grey lines on camera app, infact I am very much impressed with its camera app
3) I use weather lock screen all the time but tried the productivity one to test ur bug, but no flicker, back to weather one as it looks cool :)
4) tried grey background and no flicker or any issues as such

I did noticed a small fuzziness on top of screen while browsing with many tabs open but its random , I cannot recreate it again and again to report it as issue to HTC, sure a firmware update will fix it

mate it seems you got a faulty piece and surprisingly may issues reported here are the grey phones, did not read any issues like these in white ones, dont know if its a distribution lot thing..

and totally agree with you with those issue no one will be happy after spending many bucks, good that u got it replaced, at least you should give points to HTC for giving a quick replacement unlike sammy or sony LG etc :)

and lastly r u not facing these in ur new piece ? what firmware is it ? is it white or grey ?

well, only if google make a 32gb next nexus with jelly bean HTC seems better choice specially if you compare with samsung , LG sony etc, I guess many will agree with me on this here since I see lots of happy One X owners like me here :)

Reactions: ajeya

krazyf

Apr 16, 2012
Views on HTC Service Center qualms

Hi there!

Just curious to know about the local HTC Service Center qualms about replacing the One X-Were the service personnel helpful/forthcoming with regards to replacing the phone when approached with issues regarding the One X? Or did they put the "give us a few days/weeks & let's see if we can repair it first" approach? For those who have already replaced the handset, did HTC give you a new phone sealed in its original packaging or was it just the handset? And was the handset new or refurbished??

I'm also curious to know from those who happen to approach the dealers from whom they had purchased the phone & found out about issues that were a deal-breaker withing the first 7 days of purchase, did the dealers entertain your requests for replacement(i understand that they usually claim while purchasing the phone-if you have ANY issues within the first 7 days, they'll give you a replacement-no questions asked...BUT in reality they just show you the way to the nearest service center!)

Also, anyone who has been able to get a refund from HTC after their newly replaced handset also presented them with the same challenges??

I ask this because one of my chat friends from India has been facing many issues with his One X(so I have come to understand) as he was head over heals when he purchased it recently and he proceeded to share all his experiences with me until the bubble of excitement burst recently with the handset freezing abruptly and he faced many issues that have been discussed at length across many threads on this forum) and neither the dealer nor the service center have been helpful in giving him a new replacement.. Any tips/ suggestions/tactics while approaching the local dealer/service center for a replacement that can help my friend would be much appreciated!

Looking forward to your views, advise & experiences...Thanks for sharing, in anticipation!

Last edited:

krunal1981

Nov 19, 2009
Bangalore
ok I tried the issues you mentioned on my and well as one of my friend';s white One x

1) notification, tried many combinations, no flicker at all anywhere
2) never seen any grey lines on camera app, infact I am very much impressed with its camera app
3) I use weather lock screen all the time but tried the productivity one to test ur bug, but no flicker, back to weather one as it looks cool :)
4) tried grey background and no flicker or any issues as such

I did noticed a small fuzziness on top of screen while browsing with many tabs open but its random , I cannot recreate it again and again to report it as issue to HTC, sure a firmware update will fix it

mate it seems you got a faulty piece and surprisingly may issues reported here are the grey phones, did not read any issues like these in white ones, dont know if its a distribution lot thing..

and totally agree with you with those issue no one will be happy after spending many bucks, good that u got it replaced, at least you should give points to HTC for giving a quick replacement unlike sammy or sony LG etc :)

and lastly r u not facing these in ur new piece ? what firmware is it ? is it white or grey ?

well, only if google make a 32gb next nexus with jelly bean HTC seems better choice specially if you compare with samsung , LG sony etc, I guess many will agree with me on this here since I see lots of happy One X owners like me here :)

BTW you get a DOA certificate only if its within 14days of purchase else you are stuck with a 37k phone. so i dont think i should give HTC any extra points for it coz all other co's that you have mentioned have the same policy like HTC.

With regards to the bugs. You might want to wait , the grey screen flicker didnt have initially on the productivity lockscreen . it all started after a few days. also if there are any ads in your app , please check when the ad changes .. since its on a grey background it will flicker.

This has nothing to do with grey or white phones and its the same firmware like all One X in the world.

BTW the pics taken by the camera has been ripped apart by the reviewers. you cant compare them with iphone 4s ( sorry to compare with the dark side of mobile phones but its a fact) .

at the end of the day its your choice if you are ok with a sub-standard phone even after paying 37k. i thought i should voice out my concerns.

arpit85

Jun 15, 2008
Bangkok
can someone please send me a p.m. when the device is officially available here in India... i mean with bill and warranty, as i will be doing some crazy development on this device, if i get it....

also if anyone buys it in Pune do let me know via p.m.

Aggressive.. don't tell me u are going to compile kernal OC at 2ghz , lol (one X - 2.0 ghz Quadcore processor)

Sent from my MB860 using xda premium

saj2001ind

Dec 24, 2007
BTW you get a DOA certificate only if its within 14days of purchase else you are stuck with a 37k phone. so i dont think i should give HTC any extra points for it coz all other co's that you have mentioned have the same policy like HTC.

With regards to the bugs. You might want to wait , the grey screen flicker didnt have initially on the productivity lockscreen . it all started after a few days. also if there are any ads in your app , please check when the ad changes .. since its on a grey background it will flicker.

This has nothing to do with grey or white phones and its the same firmware like all One X in the world.

BTW the pics taken by the camera has been ripped apart by the reviewers. you cant compare them with iphone 4s ( sorry to compare with the dark side of mobile phones but its a fact) .

at the end of the day its your choice if you are ok with a sub-standard phone even after paying 37k. i thought i should voice out my concerns.

well you are right to let everyone know the issues you faced, and for me I have been using it since the 1st day its launch, byt like I said flickering a very rare event for me but that has not bothered me or provoked me to change the phone and all other issues you menioned for ur previous phone if its not happening with ur new set then its for sure a 1 piece defective piece, if its working fine for u now then its ok else its a big [problem if it again comes in this new set of urs

and for pic quality, its fine, anyways I wont give away my dedicated camera for this, but relatively its pics and 1080P vids are quite good, you will not buy a iphone only for camera I am sure :)

and yeah if you still see those annoying issues pls report here as well, I would like to try those in my set as well just to make sure I am not with a faulty piece :)

shree.cse

Apr 30, 2010
Bangalore
Yes man,it's coming.

Really HTC has got no resale absolute 0 resale value in India:mad::mad: I am sure almost half of the people using HTC One X will also move to the Samsung Galaxy SIII.:D
I know htc haven't got a good resale value in India, no one wants to buy such a beast to use it for just one week or month and if so they are just like throwing 10 grand away, so atleast 90% of the users stay with HTC.
For me, I will never go for a Samsung with its cheap plastic body and senseless Android OS.

---------- Post added at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 PM ----------

well in medical its commonly "dead on arrival" its used for electronics as well....
You are on One X? Welcome bro!
I wish to see your themes on One X

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I m from Argentina and I say too...
    Happy Diwali day mates.

SkyDragon Sense Rom V1
    Happy Diwali to my Indian friends :)
    On a serious note, i had a chat with one of my frnds who is a htc rep, and he told.me the update is now being tested for local language support and might be out by next week.. hopefully :)
    Guys upgraded my wife's S3 to JB about 2 days ago. Take my word its not upto all the hype. I was struggling to find what was really new and what has changed. Could figure out three useful features
    a) Google now
    b) Voice search
    c)two finger gesture.
    I feel all three features are something you can live wihout.
    After using the phone for about 24 hours the performance has just gone off the cliff. Its lagging heavily and is pretty much unusable. I have done a factory reset now. Hoping it will not degrade as earlier

Take it from me that our HOX running 4.0.4 is light years ahead of the S3 running JB. I have personally experienced it. so just relax and enjoy your phone. The update will come just as all the previous updates have come.
    "Due to the cost-cutting measures and to make sure everyone gets the update, we will release the JB OTA on 22-12-12 to the people who are still alive after the apocalypse." Official quote from HTC