[NIGHTLY][ROM][4.0.4][IMM76I] CyanogenMod 9 for Samsung Captivate

OP pawitp

16th April 2012, 09:35 PM   |  #161  
Houston
Thanks Meter: 0

19 posts
More
Hello,

I just flashed mine yesterday fresh from stock ROM (using ODIN). I used the latest CM9 build from the website 20120415 version. So far so good. No dramatic issue whatsoever. Except, the ring profile changes randomly as I plug/unplug my earphone. It randomly changes from vibrate only to ringing or vice versa.

Does anyone experience the same issue?
16th April 2012, 10:06 PM   |  #162  
Flag Ho Chi Minh City
Thanks Meter: 33

234 posts
More
Data transfer speed via USB to internal storage is really slow, about 2MB/s while comparing with 7-10MB/s of the stock.
17th April 2012, 02:15 AM   |  #163  
Flag Cedar Park, TX
Thanks Meter: 879

1,906 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwibowo

Hello,

I just flashed mine yesterday fresh from stock ROM (using ODIN). I used the latest CM9 build from the website 20120415 version. So far so good. No dramatic issue whatsoever. Except, the ring profile changes randomly as I plug/unplug my earphone. It randomly changes from vibrate only to ringing or vice versa.

Does anyone experience the same issue?

CM9 maintains separate audio profiles for headphones and speaker. For instance, you can have music blaring at the max volume of the speaker while a reduced level once you immediately plug in your headphones instead of having to alter it every time you plug or unplug.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kaik541 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th April 2012, 03:49 AM   |  #164  
Nashville, TN
Thanks Meter: 49

366 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spotdog14

I have been running one of the nightly's for about 4 days now and overall I think its pretty damn good for being a nightly. Here is what I am still having problems with:

2.) GPS takes a lot of time to get a lock but I find that when it does get a lock that it is a lot more accurate than the previous GB releases.

same here. i've been having slow locks with gps since build 17. i typically have to open up GPSTest, get a lock, then close it and immediately open the app that i want to use gps in (runkeeper).
17th April 2012, 09:25 AM   |  #165  
Thanks Meter: 52

670 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drwx

same here. i've been having slow locks with gps since build 17. i typically have to open up GPSTest, get a lock, then close it and immediately open the app that i want to use gps in (runkeeper).

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1493695

I've flashed this on every nightly and build and trust me it is a freaking BEAST!!

You can get an accurate lock in under 10 seconds. If your having problems with gps flash this bad boy you'll be set!
The Following User Says Thank You to voldomart13 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th April 2012, 10:30 AM   |  #166  
Thanks Meter: 1

82 posts
More
Running the nightly from the 15th. Glitch kernel. When I plug in my headphones, is there supposed to be no icon to show its plugged in? If there is a setting, would you kindly point me towards it? may be a bug, but I have no clue. Thanks,

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA
17th April 2012, 11:31 AM   |  #167  
Flag Ho Chi Minh City
Thanks Meter: 33

234 posts
More
There is no exist headset icon now, but the headset works well.
17th April 2012, 03:22 PM   |  #169  
Thanks Meter: 16

190 posts
Does anyone know if the audio out while the phone is docked will work? It didn't work in CM7.
17th April 2012, 03:40 PM   |  #170  
Flag NYC - now in NE PA or ATL
Thanks Meter: 28

254 posts
More
Hi pawitp
Thought I'd comment on the nightly since upgrading. As you know pawitp, I've always had the "in call" reboot issue since the Alpha builds.

We tried everything unfortunately, when the reports happens the logs is wiped, even the call I was on is not listed list on my call history.

I'm happy to report though that it has been less frequent since flashing the nightly. I've actually have had 40+mins calls (usually with the Mrs) while not plugged in to a power source and no reboot.

What I do have, is from time to time, the autorotation while on HomeSreens, doesnt work. But the autorotaion while in most apps (ex Navigation, msg, email, parts of the phone) does. The part of the phone app that doesnt autorotate is the "in call".

Thanks for the work SGS and ICS.

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 AM ----------

Dumb question, I have CWM-based Recovery v5.5.0.4 on my phone. When I try to check for ROM update, ROM Mgr ask that I install CWM, it ask if to confirm phone type (I chose Samsung Captivate MTD) and then ask if I have manually installed CWM 2.x or 3.x+ (chose 3.x+) .

Just looking for confirmation, that those options are correct. I have a created a backup of the Nightly and I have a backup of Build17 just in case.

Thanks

---------- Post added at 10:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 AM ----------

Does any one else get a msg on the changelog "please wait, while loading changesets and nightlies...." and get an Error on Page in the status bar. Its probably an IE issue on my pc but curious. Thx

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Captivate Android Development by ThreadRank