Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,526 Members 50,002 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

A question for those who tried both mhx super lite and sky ICS

Tip us?

Software Guy
Old
Thanks Meter 5
My battery life is pretty bad. I have push email on all day and even if I don't use the phone much, less than an hour with the screen on, it's at 30% at the end of the day. I really do like the rom though. I'm going to give it a bit longer to settle in before I decide to keep it or move on. This is day 4 with it.

artisticcheese
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender B. Rodgriguez View Post
I'm currently running mhx super lite 5.0 and the battery life is sick. I get about 24 hrs per charge even with having about 3 hrs of screen time.

I'm contemplating switching to sky ics because of the large number of features( bravia etc).
Can anyone comment on the battery life of that rom compared to super lite? I'm looking for answers from those who have extensively used both roms.
Thx in advance
BBR

Sent via smoke signal
You get 24 hours and complaint about it? I would be happy to get that much on any ROM.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

xcrazydx
Old
Thanks Meter 2195

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by artisticcheese View Post
You get 24 hours and complaint about it? I would be happy to get that much on any ROM.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk
Sick=good

Donald2B
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I am running SkyICS 4.2a-8 and I am sitting at 33hrs with 38% battery life left.

Battery fully charged and then CWM wipe battery stats.
Fully drained battery and then full charged again.
These are the results.

Screen - 33%

WiFi on, Bluetooth on

I haven't tried superlite yet, but it's on my list. I have had such great luck with SkyICS I am having a hard time switching.

Bender B. Rodgriguez
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 57
At no point in my post did I complain about anything lol.

For those who asked about my setup. I am on superlite 5.0. I NEVER use wifi since I'm on unlimited. I use the 2x battery app. I have frozen or removed all apps I don't use often. I keep my brightness set to the lowest setting 99% of the time. I only use Bluetooth when in the car about 30 mins per day.

I would like to hear some more opinions in the bravia engine. Does anyone really notice a difference or is it just placebo like the guy a few posts back said??
Sent via smoke signal