Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Hands On – XDA TV

Perhaps one of the more peculiar announcements this year was the curved edge-screened … more

Nova Launcher Update Brings Lollipop Functionality and Feel

One of the most popular third party launcher on Android, Nova Launcher, has just … more

Check Your I/O Usage with Iotop for Android

Ever needed to check the I/O usage of apps? If so, you probably tried searching for an iotop … more

T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

A question for those who tried both mhx super lite and sky ICS

OP Bender B. Rodgriguez

16th April 2012, 04:04 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 9

66 posts
My battery life is pretty bad. I have push email on all day and even if I don't use the phone much, less than an hour with the screen on, it's at 30% at the end of the day. I really do like the rom though. I'm going to give it a bit longer to settle in before I decide to keep it or move on. This is day 4 with it.
16th April 2012, 05:32 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 16

747 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender B. Rodgriguez

I'm currently running mhx super lite 5.0 and the battery life is sick. I get about 24 hrs per charge even with having about 3 hrs of screen time.

I'm contemplating switching to sky ics because of the large number of features( bravia etc).
Can anyone comment on the battery life of that rom compared to super lite? I'm looking for answers from those who have extensively used both roms.
Thx in advance
BBR

Sent via smoke signal

You get 24 hours and complaint about it? I would be happy to get that much on any ROM.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk
16th April 2012, 10:12 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 2,195

6,306 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by artisticcheese

You get 24 hours and complaint about it? I would be happy to get that much on any ROM.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

Sick=good
17th April 2012, 12:23 AM   |  #14  
Flag Avon, IN
Thanks Meter: 2

16 posts
More
I am running SkyICS 4.2a-8 and I am sitting at 33hrs with 38% battery life left.

Battery fully charged and then CWM wipe battery stats.
Fully drained battery and then full charged again.
These are the results.

Screen - 33%

WiFi on, Bluetooth on

I haven't tried superlite yet, but it's on my list. I have had such great luck with SkyICS I am having a hard time switching.
17th April 2012, 12:30 AM   |  #15  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 57

172 posts
At no point in my post did I complain about anything lol.

For those who asked about my setup. I am on superlite 5.0. I NEVER use wifi since I'm on unlimited. I use the 2x battery app. I have frozen or removed all apps I don't use often. I keep my brightness set to the lowest setting 99% of the time. I only use Bluetooth when in the car about 30 mins per day.

I would like to hear some more opinions in the bravia engine. Does anyone really notice a difference or is it just placebo like the guy a few posts back said??
Sent via smoke signal
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread