Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Official ICS FOTA started

OP -=AsteriX=-

16th April 2012, 09:48 PM   |  #91  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
102 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
Asking a daft question here...

I'm on O2, but I bought my 'phone unlocked through Amazon. Would I expect to get my update in the 'normal' OTA method, and if so, will it have any O2 'additions' on it?
16th April 2012, 11:00 PM   |  #92  
Senior Member
Flag Burnham Market
Thanks Meter: 29
 
114 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkstevo

Asking a daft question here...

I'm on O2, but I bought my 'phone unlocked through Amazon. Would I expect to get my update in the 'normal' OTA method, and if so, will it have any O2 'additions' on it?

If its a Network free phone then you shouldn't have mate.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL whis BA using XDA
16th April 2012, 11:09 PM   |  #93  
martinbrettphilo's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bridlington
Thanks Meter: 18
 
119 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2007
More
When i get the update how can i capture it.... Also will there be a RUU update?

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using Tapatalk
16th April 2012, 11:15 PM   |  #94  
FCW's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 39
 
628 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroHero

Theres some sick tunes on your souncloud. You could do with Rio or Shifty spitting over that dubstep beat "Get down"

Nice one man. I did that track with the plan of doing something like that with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkstevo

Asking a daft question here...

I'm on O2, but I bought my 'phone unlocked through Amazon. Would I expect to get my update in the 'normal' OTA method, and if so, will it have any O2 'additions' on it?

It all depends on the CID of the handset. If it's a network sim free one then no but if the handsets one that's just been bought then sim unlocked then it'll have the ones the network who originally sold it puts on. Hopefully you have a sim free on :)
16th April 2012, 11:50 PM   |  #95  
stonesolouk's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 32
 
182 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinbrettphilo

When i get the update how can i capture it.... Also will there be a RUU update?

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using Tapatalk

After downloading choose install later, then use a file manager to copy the update zip from the downloads folder to another location. After copying then choose to install. The installation deletes the original zip file automatically!:sly:

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
17th April 2012, 12:39 AM   |  #96  
martinbrettphilo's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bridlington
Thanks Meter: 18
 
119 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonesolouk

After downloading choose install later, then use a file manager to copy the update zip from the downloads folder to another location. After copying then choose to install. The installation deletes the original zip file automatically!:sly:

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Thanks for the info been on the phone to o2 uk, apparently if you dial *#*#2432546#*#* then check for updates it'll become available. I did this and it said check successful but still no update.... Ill keep trying ...ps im on a sim free xl

from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using Tapatalk
17th April 2012, 07:56 AM   |  #97  
sahce's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kiev
Thanks Meter: 32
 
114 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroHero

please can you get a hold of the update and upload it here

Alas, I can not do those because I have Asian unit.
17th April 2012, 01:51 PM   |  #98  
nicky1980's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Oostakker
Thanks Meter: 15
 
233 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinbrettphilo

Thanks for the info been on the phone to o2 uk, apparently if you dial *#*#2432546#*#* then check for updates it'll become available. I did this and it said check successful but still no update.... Ill keep trying ...ps im on a sim free xl

from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using Tapatalk

I get also this message "checkin succeeded" but no updates available. Wath does this code? I'm Belgium with simfree

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using xda premium
17th April 2012, 02:50 PM   |  #99  
stan187's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 8
 
105 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
No update yet sim free UK are you sure HTC have released it because when I asked them they told me end of the month I'm disappointed.....
17th April 2012, 04:38 PM   |  #100  
nicky1980's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Oostakker
Thanks Meter: 15
 
233 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2008
More
here the evidence that FOTA is rolling out

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1598423

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes