5,597,937 Members 38,879 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Do I Need to Unroot for Such a Minor Problem?

Tip us?

scottspa74
Old
(Last edited by scottspa74; 15th April 2012 at 04:25 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2643
Quote:
Originally Posted by steiny View Post
Is Myn's ROM a stock rooted ROM?
Not really. Brad560 has stock rooted ROMs in the dev forum. Then you can not only update profile and prl, but a tech shouldn't be able to tell you you need to unroot blah blah blah

Edit: honestly, I couldn't really say if myns is stock. There was so much modded in it, I don't know how it would show yo a tech that is looking at it. And it's really old. Graynode,nolimit, and brad all have stock/slightly modified. I believe brad has the actual stock rooted posted, though.

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium
Evo LTE=$XXX.XX ~ XDADevs = PRICELESS
------
Evo LTE. AKA "the beast" . Thanks regaw_lienad, you're a genius.
ROM: AOKP
Kernel: komodo v7
Hboot: lazy panda S-off 1.12.222

Evo 4G HW002
Rom: Deck GB
Kernel: SZ 0.savaged zen21
Recovery: AmonRa 1.80

- thanks whitslack & fastRX8 & Netarchy & Toast, of course. - my Evo: the house that toast built (& many other XDAers)- thank you all
The Following User Says Thank You to scottspa74 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

imheroldman
Old
Thanks Meter 119
If you are roaming on Sprint you should try teknowfiles prl it helps with calling and data

Sent by SGH-T999

ROM: Cyanogenmod 10 7/14
Kernel: Stock

My blog: Tech review... In review...
The Following User Says Thank You to imheroldman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ProCision
Old
(Last edited by ProCision; 16th April 2012 at 02:26 AM.)
Thanks Meter 49
you can try this

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1455340

its pretty much bone stock. Might not be the most updated, but if your prl is updated it shouldn't matter.

It seems like a network issue with the network and your phone. Did it happen like the same day you moved there?
  • Android Devices
  • OGEvO4g - Rooted - AOKP - TWRP
  • Evo 4g Lte - Pac-Man - Rooted - TWRP
  • Nook Tablet - JellyBean - CWM
  • Samsung Note 2 - ParanoidAndroid - Philz
  • Samsung Nexus 10 - TWRP - Unlocked and Rooted
  • Nabi2 - rooted - Gapps - TWRP
  • Nexus 7 (2013) Stock
The Following User Says Thank You to ProCision For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

steiny
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for all of the helpful comments. I ended up flashing a stock ROM and then updating the PRL and that KILLED my 3G while roaming. I just manually updated the PRL via EPST back to the original one before this last update and thankfully that restored my 3G.

So I'm back to square one as my original problem still exists. When someone tries to call me while I'm roaming, it either gives a fast busy signal or rings and goes to voicemail, but I don't see the incoming call. Just to reiterate incoming calls worked fine for the first two weeks I was here (roaming).

As a test, today I drove 30 miles to the nearest Sprint cell towers and incoming calls, 3G, all works fine.

steiny
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by imheroldman View Post
If you are roaming on Sprint you should try teknowfiles prl it helps with calling and data

Do you have a link? I just did a search on this site and Google and didn't find anything. Though at this point, I'm feeling shy about messing with the PRL again.

lufc
Old
Senior Moderator / Resident Priest
Thanks Meter 1446

DONATE TO ME
Please use the Q&A Forum for questions &
Read the Forum Rules Ref Posting

Moving to Q&A
Pay attention and participate,Encourage,
not discourage, Listen to advice and accept instruction,
and in the end you will be wise.......... Prov. 19:20

plainjane
Old
Thanks Meter 461
With Unrevoked, you can flash an RUU to update everything & retain s-off. You'll need to reflash your recovery afterwards, then either flash a new rom or SU to gain root on the stock RUU.

If RUUing fixes your problems, then hopefully after doing a full wipe and flashing a new rom you'll be good to go. If it doesn't fix it then you know it's most likely not rom related and is either a problem with the hardware, radios, or Sprint.

Since you rooted with Unrevoked, you have nothing to lose by doing an RUU... other than time. Just don't flash the s-on zip.
HTC Supersonic (EVO 4G)
HW 003
Hboot 2.02 S-Off
Amon Ra recovery
More stuff that I'm too lazy to figure out and type.
MIUI 2.3.2_b1 ES (by Swiperat)
Extended Settings Mod
Tiamat 4.1.0 SBC

My wallpaper collection
GTalk: ohhhgeez@gmail.com

If you think I can help you with something or need me to elaborate on a post then feel free to pm me. I'll try my best to help you out.

Oh, and I have a vagina. Fear me :P

Concordium
Old
Thanks Meter 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by plainjane View Post
With Unrevoked, you can flash an RUU to update everything & retain s-off. You'll need to reflash your recovery afterwards, then either flash a new rom or SU to gain root on the stock RUU.

If RUUing fixes your problems, then hopefully after doing a full wipe and flashing a new rom you'll be good to go. If it doesn't fix it then you know it's most likely not rom related and is either a problem with the hardware, radios, or Sprint.

Since you rooted with Unrevoked, you have nothing to lose by doing an RUU... other than time. Just don't flash the s-on zip.

I agree with doing this. However, I recommend making sure you have updated your radio, nv, and prl as well before you flash the ROM. As stated above, if you still have problems with it afterwards then you know the issue is not software related.

Also, the Sprint ## codes do not work unless you are on Sense based ROM. So CM7 will not be able to accept the network resets from ## codes given by tech support.

Evocm7
Old
Thanks Meter 325
Any sense Rom with epst will be able to reprovision your phone. Epst is not built in to aosp roms

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium