[ROM][ICS 4.0.4][27-Jun] Spacious, smooth and light ICS
In continuation of the highly appreciated Spacious, smooth and light
Gingerbread ROM, I present you the ICS version!!
Works on Locked bootloader also as reported by FTW_260
1. What is so special about this ROM?
The main feature is 400 MB
is free on /data
for your apps!
This is the highest free on any custom ICS ROM for the Neo V.
2. How is this made possible?
a) This ROM has been ODEXed. Hence all dalvik files for system apk's are in the /system
b) Dalvik-cache has been moved to the /cache
3. Why ODEX the ROM?
a) ODEX ROM's load up faster the first time
b) ODEX'ed system apks do not create .dex files in dalvik-cache, hence size of dalvik-cache decreases. This is required so that there is enough room on the /cache partition for the dalvik-cache also.
4. What are the features of this ROM?
- Based on official stock ICS firmware for Neo V
- Rooted and busybox (latest su binary and Superuser.apk)
- 12 Notification toggles with QuickPanel app for editing them
- Many bloatware apps removed
- File manager (ES File explorer) added
- My tweaks for better performance
- UOT kitchen compatible
5. Where to get this ROM?
v4 - based on official ICS 4.0.4
Download (Mediafire - 164 MB) + [ Update 1 Neon OR Update 1 Blue ]
+ Supercharged services
+ Optional apps pack
+ Optional Restore framework
without onscreen buttons (New Link
+ Optional Neo Patch
for Neo V
+ LED notification fix
(Supercharged) (Credits arcatarc and me)
+ Optional 7OH mods (skip tracks with volume + reboot recovery + more) See here
+ Optional Xperia S Mega Pack
+ Walkman fix
+ Optional Disable_Data_Disabled_Notification.zip
Want better battery life?
v2 - changelog on 2nd post
Download (Mediafire - 176 MB)
+ Offmode charging fix
Tip: Best if supercharged, steps here.
6. How to install this ROM.
7. Any disadvantages of ODEX'ed ROM?
- Copy Downloaded files to SD card.
- Enter recovery by pressing the back key when you see the blue light with vibration.
- If you were not on stock/stock-based ROM, wipe Data is safer [ AFTER NANDROID BACKUP ]
- Install the ROM zip.
- Optionally install optional packs (open and delete whatever you dont want)
- Reboot to you new Spacious, Smooth and Lightwieght ROM :)
The only disadvantage is that you cannot install custom themes on the ROM.
But, mind you, UOT kitchen
can be used to change a lot of the UI.
8. But why not use Link2SD or Dalvik2SD?
It has its own problems, most important being io speeds from the card and problems when card is removed.
- for the status bar toggles
muzontnt and umarian for ICS 404 toggles - thread here
Sony - for ICS update ( and making wonderful firmware
and all Devs etc on XDA for making custom ROMs possible!
Phone ....: Xperia Neo V
ROM ......: Spacious Smooth ICS -> PAC JB ROM
SDCard....: 16GB Class 4 Sandisk
My Apps: [APP] USB OTG Helper (MAJOR UPDATE)
[Neo/V] Spacious, smooth, light GB
and ICS 4.0.4
My Kernels: Suave Kernel
and Super Stock ICS
Composed/Posted with WYSIWYG BBCode Editor