uploadfromtaptalk1334677057417.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 148
Reactions: ctank22

goobieracing

Aug 25, 2011
Here are my resaults from quadrant using ZTR

And cm9 is in the attachment

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda premium

Did you enable voodoo lag fix in cmw recovery on ztr before running quadrant? I scored way higher then that when I had it. If you want a better score install ics supercharger v6. On mine it got rid of any lag I had b4.

Sent from my SGH-I997 using xda premium

BAM1789

Dec 5, 2011
Mesa
I have a problem with cwm recovery. I run the deodexed lb3 rom and this cm9 rom. I have flashed back and forth over the past week with no problems. Tonight i went to flash cm9 again and i have recurring reboot into cwm. I pulled battery and did all the basics and the phone won't boot. It just keeps booting into cwm recovery. This is my first major issue that i have had with this phone. I went back to lb3 and the phone is ok now. Anyone have any ideas on the reboots to recovery?

Sent from my MB865 using xda premium

I guess Im wondering if you are flashing the ics recovery image every single time you flip back to CM9? Im thinking you just have a messed up image for some reason or its not flashing correctly. I'd say Odin or Heimdall back to stock, and just redue everything. This rom was kinda a pain in the butt for me to get running on my phone for some reason and I did that a few times.. Goodluck!

T

tmease1

I guess Im wondering if you are flashing the ics recovery image every single time you flip back to CM9? Im thinking you just have a messed up image for some reason or its not flashing correctly. I'd say Odin or Heimdall back to stock, and just redue everything. This rom was kinda a pain in the butt for me to get running on my phone for some reason and I did that a few times.. Goodluck!

I got it fixed. I went back to Froyo, then gingerbread and flashed it. I'm glad i went back to froyo so i could reset my binary count. I had it up to 45. :D Thanks for the input.

Sent from my MB865 using xda premium

rxnelson

Aug 30, 2011
Battery life sucks on this ROM. I love everything else about it.

CM9 Infuse - XDA Premium

Check that phone is entering deep sleep with CPU spy app. I noticed mine wasn't today after a battery swap. I toggled airplane mode and it started sleeping again?

Sent from my SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

qjoe98

Mar 23, 2012
It is entering deep sleep and I've underclocked it to 800.

CM9 Infuse - XDA Premium

I had similar results. I finally let it run all the way down until it shut off. Pulled the battery, recharged to 100%, and it is significantly better. Going on 12 hours of light use and at 80%.

Sent from my SGH-I997 using XDA

Ryanscool

Aug 30, 2011
Denver
Ok so i tried again, no luck.

Wait, im on to something. Clean buttons works, just the screen wont come on when i flash. Trying again, may work now.

Woooohooo flashing twice worked!

After a while, it did what it did before. Idk why to do, it wont work right. Wait could it be bootloaders? Im on froyo, to whos it worked on, what were you on?

RoryB

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 4, 2008
Lexington
After a while, it did what it did before. Idk why to do, it wont work right. Wait could it be bootloaders? Im on froyo, to whos it worked on, what were you on?

From OP
If you flash the recovery from Froyo bootloaders you will get what people refer to as the "rainbow" recovery, this is very colorful and hardly readable. From GingerBread bootloaders it should appear normal
You somehow got past the rainbow, but not completely. I suggest you get GB first.

Ryanscool

Aug 30, 2011
Denver
From OP You somehow got past the rainbow, but not completely. I suggest you get GB first.

What? Lol. I have rainbows lol and i really do not care. But i wonder if having the virtual buttons depends on what bootloader you have. Some people have reported it working fine, and they are on gingerbootloaders i think. Im on froyo, and i have all these problems with it

nim.whit

Sep 21, 2011
Hey, any one hear anything about an eta or any word on the bluetooth fix?? Ive read just about everything on cm9 for infuse but i just wanna make sure im not missing anything

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Some have mentioned (rightfully so) in the thread in the General section now titled "ICS here: (more to come)" that it is getting quite full of various bug reports and doesn't really belong there. Since I know that jt1134 is building it and doesn't post much on xda (usually uses RootzWiki) I figured I would quickly start a Q&A thread for us to post in so we can leave the other one clean for his work.

This is not an official support thread and its quite possible that jt1134 won't come by here at all. This is simply for everyone to help each other and keep the main thread clean.

A few things that I seem to have gathered while reviewing the other thread:

• The link to the post where jt1134 posted the first preview is here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=24665001&postcount=272

• If you flash the recovery from Froyo bootloaders you will get what people refer to as the "rainbow" recovery, this is very colorful and hardly readable. From GingerBread bootloaders it should appear normal

• Camera is known to not be working as of the time of this post

• Many apps (including Facebook) launch correctly if you shut off GPS alltogether (this seems to be the solution if you find an app that just shuts the phone off upon launching)

• External SD card should show up in the /mnt/emmc/ folder (might just be /emmc/)

• If you can't get usb mounted to your pc check out this thread for a tool: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1389375 (thanks for finding it Axiomkid)

just alittle tip, if your not receiving mms's go to settings/wireless &networks/More/mobile networks/access point names

and press the menu button and click new APN and fill the information with exactly what this says:

Name: AT&T
    APN: wap.cingular
    Proxy: leave blank
    Port: leave blank
    Username:WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
    Password:CINGULAR1 (yes this is in CAPS)
    Server: leave blank
    MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
    MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
    MMS Port: 80
    MCC:310
    MNC:410
    APN Type: leave blank

If theres more tips feel free to post them here, if anything above is wrong let me know and ill try to collect, this is just a compiling of what ive read in the other thread
    hello all to get the ICS recovery so i don't have the rainbow recovery do i have to start fresh with a stock rom i am coming from cm7 i just tried to install it with odin but didn't change a thing i still get the messed up looking booltloader then messed up recovery i'm lost lol

thanks for any info

Did you do any searching???
    Your answer is NO
    How do I know because this has been
    Brought up at least 20 times

SEARCH!!!!!!!!!!

Its not hard!!

just alittle tip, if your not receiving mms's go to settings/wireless &networks/More/mobile networks/access point names

and press the menu button and click new APN and fill the information with exactly what this says:

Name: AT&T
    APN: wap.cingular
    Proxy: leave blank
    Port: leave blank
    Username:WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
    Password:CINGULAR1 (yes this is in CAPS)
    Server: leave blank
    MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
    MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
    MMS Port: 80
    MCC:310
    MNC:410
    APN Type: leave blank

fixed it for me, just wished i could delete the two that were there by default
    This is an awesome ROM, almost perfect, but i'm not sure its just me or not, there's couple of bugs so far:

1) While booting, right after SAMSUNG logo and before CM9 boot animation, a dotted colored screen appears for few seconds

2) On 180 DPI, phone process crashes but the call still goes through

3) Front camera seems to be ZOOMED, the picture is huge, and its not in the center on the screen

4) Recovery is not full screen, actually its repeated 3 times beside each other, the size is so small and the text is not clear at all

Other than these, its perfect.

Thanks for the hard work!

That is the rainbow recovery. You need to be on GB BL (Gingerbread Bootloader). You can search in this thread or other thread about Odin or Heimdall GB BL.