Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,311 Members 48,872 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] Zeus v7.06 [GB 2.3.4 V20S] - v6.4 [GB 2.3.4 V20O/V20N] by Huexxx ...

Tip us?

burma
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by verszipo View Post
I said I'd report back after testing the FD patch, so here's the info :

After 2 days of usage with the 2s FD patch the battery use is similar to the one without. As a note, the Fast Dormancy is not really a problem, i got almost 2 days of usage from one charge (i was at 15% after 42 hours of usage).

In battery stats, DataTracker-FD is at 2.7% so that it's not really using too much battery.

I didn't test the "no FD patch" since the FD doesn't seem to be the problem of high battery usage anyways.

I think there are other apps that behave badly, for example Facebook even though every update is disabled it still starts up from time to time, i had to "freeze" it for now.

What is strange, i see in the battery stats that the phone wakes up quite regularly, i tried to stop about every app that i know makes updates. Is there a way to see what app actually wakes the phone up ?
Well in my case, things were even worse - I was getting more DataTracker-FD wakelocks than ever after I upgraded to 6.11 + "no FD" patch.

So I went back to v 6.1 with zeus script FD fix. Now I'm getting only 5% discharge per hour on sleep (vs. 12% i was getting with 6.11 & "no FD" patch)

bussekas
Old
Thanks Meter 10
when 6.11 update came out?

i use 6.1 and only problem to me still is phone hanging. it hangs on random moment. two times it have been happend at night. now i use second phone to get morining wake up alarm. i'm not intrested to sleep in to work.

this hangs drain battery also lot. what i should to try?
seems to be that 6.11 have also some problems to go from 6.1 to 6.11 over.

http://foto.urmo.ee/android.png i show how hangs drain battery.

Gloxksss
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by explor3r3 View Post
???? i did understand nothing from what you`re say ....
I tell this patch to one place, doesn't work

EkimPadd
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by bussekas View Post
when 6.11 update came out?

i use 6.1 and only problem to me still is phone hanging. it hangs on random moment. two times it have been happend at night. now i use second phone to get morining wake up alarm. i'm not intrested to sleep in to work.

this hangs drain battery also lot. what i should to try?
seems to be that 6.11 have also some problems to go from 6.1 to 6.11 over.

http://foto.urmo.ee/android.png i show how hangs drain battery.
What you have is a screen of death (SOD).
Can you please post here if you use stock lockscreen or the lg lockscreen??

LookedPath
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huexxx View Post

People with SODs are maybe using LG stock lockscreen?

Regards!
No,i had a sod few days ago and I'm not using lg lockscreen... But every sod that I had the wifi was on... Even in the previous version every sod happened when I turned wifi on and then locked the phone with no running tasks...

Inviato dal mio LG-P970 usando Tapatalk

bussekas
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpaddo View Post
What you have is a screen of death (SOD).
Can you please post here if you use stock lockscreen or the lg lockscreen??
i use default screenlock what came with 6.1 rom.

its intresting that no button do anything. even i cant turn off phone, only battery off work.

agritux
Old
Thanks Meter 606
Quote:
Originally Posted by burma View Post
Now I'm getting only 5% discharge per hour on sleep (vs. 12% i was getting with 6.11 & "no FD" patch)
is it normal?

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

what data tracker-fd fix and fsync() mode does in zeus tweaker?

burma
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Guys, what's up with Portable hotspot? Am I the only one having problems with it?

With stock v20n it works. When i install Zeus it works only in 5% of cases. Story is always the same: I can connect my computer to the phone, but i can't send or receive packets from the internet... The icon in Windows shows "no internet access". Sometimes it says "internet access", but nevertheless no programs can get anything from the internet. At the same time, if I open browser on the phone in this situation it works perfectly.

Looks like something with NAT is messed up on the phone with Zeus Could it be because of OpenVPN stuff (i never touched it)?

---------- Post added at 03:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by agritux View Post
is it normal?

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

what data tracker-fd fix and fsync() mode does in zeus tweaker?
it is not normal at all, but it's the best i could get so far (with stock roms it's even worse). i've tried 3 batteries, but no luck so far

jes0411
Old
Thanks Meter 193
Quote:
Guys, what's up with Portable hotspot? Am I the only one having problems with it?

With stock v20n it works. When i install Zeus it works only in 5% of cases. Story is always the same: I can connect my computer to the phone, but i can't send or receive packets from the internet... The icon in Windows shows "no internet access". Sometimes it says "internet access", but nevertheless no programs can get anything from the internet. At the same time, if I open browser on the phone in this situation it works perfectly.

Looks like something with NAT is messed up on the phone with Zeus Could it be because of OpenVPN stuff (i never touched it)?

---------- Post added at 03:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 PM ----------

it is not normal at all, but it's the best i could get so far (with stock roms it's even worse). i've tried 3 batteries, but no luck so far
I use portable hotspot without problem, sometimes when I connect the pc it says no internet access but in a moment it get internet access and works properly.

Sent from my LG-P970 using Tapatalk 2

ohadz
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:

Try to change the hotspot type to - Open, instead of WEP Secured, for me it worked.
LG Optimus Black