Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,105 Members 44,740 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][ICS][FINAL](2/25/13) MIUI 3.2.22 - Closing For Business

Tip us?

mike.r.olson
Old
Thanks Meter 229
This ROM kicks ass. Flash it. Seriously. Flash it.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
deejaymikey on IRC

valdesr11
Old
Thanks Meter 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrumerJohn View Post
Ok so as per Sprint's (Legal) Request I am to not publish any of my modified material online that allows you guys to update your PRL and Profiles I'm sorry....

I got the PRL update option working, however the Profile Update Breaks your service, until you go back to Sense at least.

Sorry guys! I'll see if I can get a work-around this somehow... And btw I kanged some files to get this working off of Virus' Sense 3.5 ROMs if anyone wants to *cough* try it themselves and post it for others.
Crap, I was really looking forward to this.

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

digitalhigh
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 5,404

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrumerJohn View Post
Ok so as per Sprint's (Legal) Request I am to not publish any of my modified material online that allows you guys to update your PRL and Profiles I'm sorry....

I got the PRL update option working, however the Profile Update Breaks your service, until you go back to Sense at least.

Sorry guys! I'll see if I can get a work-around this somehow... And btw I kanged some files to get this working off of Virus' Sense 3.5 ROMs if anyone wants to *cough* try it themselves and post it for others.
Well...that seems pretty ridiculous.

I mean...what kind of nonsense is it to require you to be using their software in order to update your PRL?

Either way...there shouldn't be anything illegal about making it available to a select few individuals in private, is there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike.r.olson View Post
This ROM kicks ass. Flash it. Seriously. Flash it.

Hell, you like it now, you'll love the new release:

http://www.mediafire.com/?9a31agtg0n67oks

It features:

Patcha's Xloud Engine (AGAIN) + CM7 DSP Manager. (Look Ma, no FC's!)

NEW: Hybrid DC Control script - which merges features of VR Controls script w. The Configurator...plus some. It's a work in progress yet, but it does all the basic stuff (Virtuous OC, UV, IO Scheduler, Build.prop editor, backup/clean HOSTS file)

To use:

From ADB or Terminal Emulator:

SU
DC

Modified initial kernel/governor settings - Virtuous OC is now defaulted to 1.72ghz/196mhz/SmartassV2 screen on, 496/196mhz/conservative screen off, VR I/O Scheduler, undervolt on by default.

MORE updates to increase I/O performance, kernel responsiveness, and overall sexiness.

Replaced default lockscreen with US/Fahrenheit one (for now) Phone is still defaulted to MIUICamera.apk, will fix in fully modified version.

Removed GB Keyboard - will include swype in future releases.

NEW BASE: Removed 40MB+ of junk/unneeded files.

This build does not wipe data, so it should be safe to just flash over the top of your current base.

Like what I do? Maybe you'll like my band too. I sing.

http://www.facebook.com/Corruptable
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to digitalhigh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

greeg32
Old
Thanks Meter 128
Any progress on a2dp or is that a lost cause? This rom looks amazing. I'd love to try it but need my "blueteeth" for running

digitalhigh
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 5,404

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by greeg32 View Post
Any progress on a2dp or is that a lost cause? This rom looks amazing. I'd love to try it but need my "blueteeth" for running

I wouldn't call it a "lost cause" so much as something I've put on the back burner for a bit while I get the easier stuff squared away. Just last night, I spent a few hours trying to move things into KMeyers's CM7, as it's the only AOSP that I know of that has full working BT. However, the issue may be with the sound libraries or the framework, in which case it could be very difficult to fix.

However, I am trying everything I can think of to get it going...

Like what I do? Maybe you'll like my band too. I sing.

http://www.facebook.com/Corruptable
The Following User Says Thank You to digitalhigh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

merlyn69
Old
(Last edited by merlyn69; 17th April 2012 at 04:50 PM.) Reason: fixed typo
Thanks Meter 7
installed the newest rom all went fine.
Nothing was wiped as already mentioned.

A few things i noticed. The lock screen still shows in Celsius.
WIFI tethering tries to connect to my laptop but cannot. I did not try it on the last rom so i dont know if this is new)
my icons got moved around a bit but no big deal.
in lock when i swipe to camera it still goes to the home screen.

When i flashed i did not wipe any of the cache or anything is that recommended?

merlyn69

valdesr11
Old
Thanks Meter 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by merlyn69 View Post
installed the newest rom all went fine.
Nothing was wiped as already mentioned.

A few things i noticed. The lock screen still shows in Celsius.
WIFI tethering tries to connect to my laptop but cannot. I did not try it on the last rom so i dont know if this is new)
my icons got moved around a bit but no big deal.
in lock when i swipe to camera it still goes to the home screen.

When i flashed i did not wipe any of the cache or anything is that recommended?

merlyn69
+1 for the camera lock screen issue but the temperature is now showing in Fahrenheit. I dont know how many times I have to stress this: A factory reset is always encouraged when flashing an update.

As far as Wifi tether, I will have to test it out later.

merlyn69
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by valdesr11 View Post
+1 for the camera lock screen issue but the temperature is now showing in Fahrenheit. I dont know how many times I have to stress this: A factory reset is always encouraged when flashing an update.

As far as Wifi tether, I will have to test it out later.
Since i am new to flashing the EVO3d i was asking what is recommended since with other phones it was recommended to flash .. then once it was up and running do a factory reset. i did this for years with no problems.

Are you saying I should do a factory reset THEN do the flash? Or does it not really matter the order.

sorry for the silly clarification question.

Either way I will do it later on tonight and report back if it fixed the celcius on lock screen.

merlyn69

valdesr11
Old
Thanks Meter 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by merlyn69 View Post
Since i am new to flashing the EVO3d i was asking what is recommended since with other phones it was recommended to flash .. then once it was up and running do a factory reset. i did this for years with no problems.

Are you saying I should do a factory reset THEN do the flash? Or does it not really matter the order.

sorry for the silly clarification question.

Either way I will do it later on tonight and report back if it fixed the celcius on lock screen.

merlyn69
No problem.
Always do the full wipe before flashing the new rom.

robforself
Old
Thanks Meter 11

DONATE TO ME
anyone know where I can get some american themes? or do I need to learn how to make them..... even tho I dont need any cause the ROM itself is pretty dope.

Tags
*somewhat* related to the thread, bamf, dh is the man, digitalhigh is a beast, high on miui, logcat or gtfo, me wove miui wong time, my-u-eye, ooey gooey miui, related to thread..., sugar walls, the movie "hackers" sucked