Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,336 Members 37,483 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Appreciation

Tip us?

Joshhayes801
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 100

DONATE TO ME
Default Appreciation

So I have been around the SGS4G for quite some time (at first was my gf's phone, now mine) and coming from the nexus forums to here is like night and day. I see constant begging and badgering to the devs, "when will this be done" or "why didn't you finish the ROM" and just constant bickering but never any real appreciation given. I think people don't realize how much time and effort these devs put into what they do and that it is done on their own free time without obligation or payment of any sort. Yeah you see ics Ports on lots of other phones even the old school ones like G1 and such but that in no way means it is "easy" to do what these guys do. Long story short, we should all be extremely happy and grateful for what we do have and that we have such great development and support from such great people. On behalf of all of the SGS4G community I would like to say thank you for all that you guys do, without you all of our phones would be extremely crappy and not fully functional. Keep up what your doing and don't let anybody tell you that your stuff isn't good enough (afterall they're not the ones doing the work) And one more thing, to all the noobs, dicks and unnapreciative people in our forum, stop with the nonsense and be happy with what you have.

Ok end of rant. Peace.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda premium
The Pen is mightier then the sword but you must ALWAYS have a sword for when the pen fails.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Joshhayes801 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ChadBFlores
Old
Thanks Meter 78
+1
So tru man, u kno it would be incredible if everyone was polite, respectful, and thankful to and for all the things these devs and rom builders do... idk just sharing my hope for our community..
Device: Samsung Galaxy S 4 (SGH-M919)
Carrier: T-Mobile
ROM: Rooted Stock with Custom Kernel

DONT FORGET TO HIT THE LIKE BUTTON IF I HELPED
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChadBFlores For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

95Z28
Old
Thanks Meter 236
I agree the devs don't get much appreciation, but I have to say even completely stock my phone was an excellent fully functional device. It's just so much better with an unnamed ROM (or whatever your personal tastes dictate).
So thank you Samsung for making a good solid device for me to purchase, and thank you devs for giving me so many options to take my device even further above all things apple.

The Following User Says Thank You to 95Z28 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Biohazard0289
Old
Thanks Meter 63
I think a large number of people would agree with you. The problem is in those members who refuse to read and learn from the forum, and instead they want something "cool", and want others to hold their hand.

I think there is a surprising amount of people who frequent this forum, and who greatly appreciate our devs and their hard work. I've been on XDA since the HTC Magic was released, but I have a low post count. I check the forum everyday, I just never have anything useful or constructive to say, so I choose not to clutter the dev threads.

I really appreciate the work that continues to better this device. Often, I feel like cringing when I see useless/ignorant posts, and it is a shame devs have to deal with it just to release their own work, and for free, and for the public to enjoy.

Thanks to the developers here, your phone is SIGNIFICANTLY better than it was when you took it out of the box. Don't complaints if you have to wait, because you'd still be waiting for Samsung, and you gave THEM your money.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk
Current Devices:

HTC One S: BAKED BlackBean 6 [AOSP 4.1.2] - klin1344

Nexus 10: AOKP (Unofficial) - Task650 & Ktoonsez

Thank those who created your ROM of choice, it's the least you could do.

Joshhayes801
Old
(Last edited by Joshhayes801; 17th April 2012 at 08:11 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 100

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadBFlores View Post
+1
So tru man, u kno it would be incredible if everyone was polite, respectful, and thankful to and for all the things these devs and rom builders do... idk just sharing my hope for our community..
Exactly my point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95Z28 View Post
I agree the devs don't get much appreciation, but I have to say even completely stock my phone was an excellent fully functional device. It's just so much better with an unnamed ROM (or whatever your personal tastes dictate).
So thank you Samsung for making a good solid device for me to purchase, and thank you devs for giving me so many options to take my device even further above all things apple.

I agree. This phone is awesome even stock but the one I have never acted right completely stock (you're always bound to find a rotten apple on the tree) but bring able to do more (like run gingerbread before it was even available) is all thanks to these wonderful people.

The Pen is mightier then the sword but you must ALWAYS have a sword for when the pen fails.

lufc
Old
Senior Moderator / Resident Priest
Thanks Meter 1,485

DONATE TO ME
Thats why we have the thanks button to cut down on posts like this

On that not Thread Closed
Pay attention and participate,Encourage,
not discourage, Listen to advice and accept instruction,
and in the end you will be wise.......... Prov. 19:20
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lufc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe