Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,247 Members 50,936 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KERNEL][GPL]2013-03-02 b24 motley kernel for the Prime (4.2.2 alpha)

Tip us?

gmanhad
Old
(Last edited by gmanhad; 17th April 2012 at 04:36 PM.)
Thanks Meter 157
Great job on the new kernel. I fresh flashed primilicous rom, then your 2.5.8. Kernel with Scotch bonnet scripts. So far everything running smoothly, with only 2 reboots so far, both while playing video in browser. I'll chalk that off to giving the kernel time to settle in. Just hit the top spot for the US on antutu with14140. Keep up the great work.

5604 quadrant

benefit14snake
Old
(Last edited by benefit14snake; 17th April 2012 at 05:36 PM.)
Thanks Meter 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmanhad View Post
Great job on the new kernel. I fresh flashed primilicous rom, then your 2.5.8. Kernel with Scotch bonnet scripts. So far everything running smoothly, with only 2 reboots so far, both while playing video in browser. I'll chalk that off to giving the kernel time to settle in. Just hit the top spot for the US on antutu with14140. Keep up the great work.

5604 quadrant
You guys are getting awfully close to my 14600. How do you have the top us spot? I am from US and I have (had?) the top spot with a much higher score.

EDIT: WTH? Antutu took my score down??? That is very odd, I have a screen shot of me at the top spot on antutu. Weird, I used Motleys kernel to get the score with virtuous (sp?) rom. I didnt cheat or anything, that is awfully frustrating.....

Sent from my EPAD using Tapatalk 2

PapaSmurf6768
Old
Thanks Meter 71
motley, just for another data point I'll let you know that I have one of the older Primes (BCOKAS serial, CPUid=1) and I have had no problems on 2.5.8. I left my tab on all night last night w/ wifi on and everything else I had running during the day on, and she was still ready to go in the morning. So it's not specific to the older tabs. One thing I have noticed though is battery life doesn't seem to be great, as Wifi is draining a majority of my power because I leave it on all the time. Is there some kind of wifi undervolting tweaks you could do in the next version? Because everything else is near perfect!
Verizon HTC One S-Off and Rooted

benefit14snake
Old
Thanks Meter 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by benefit14snake View Post
You guys are getting awfully close to my 14600. How do you have the top us spot? I am from US and I have (had?) the top spot with a much higher score.

EDIT: WTH? Antutu took my score down??? That is very odd, I have a screen shot of me at the top spot on antutu. Weird, I used Motleys kernel to get the score with virtuous (sp?) rom. I didnt cheat or anything, that is awfully frustrating.....

EDIT2: ANtutu's website still shows my score 14629 as the highest but the app does not. Oh well.

The Following User Says Thank You to benefit14snake For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gmanhad
Old
Thanks Meter 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by benefit14snake View Post

Hahahaha, that's so funny. I'm not laughing at you, just your post. I could care less about the score, just wanted op to see the fruits of his labor. Come on antutu, get your act together.
The Following User Says Thank You to gmanhad For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Gage_Hero
Old
Thanks Meter 190
Default Slight confusion....

Hi Motley,

I posted this:
Originally Posted by Gage_Hero
Starting from the beginning since I dont want a brick in the end my planned update path is...
unlock with primetime and install cwm
Update cwm to 5.8.2
Backup rom
flash virtuous prime
flash motley 2.5.8
flash sctoch bonnet
rename/backup /system/etc/cpu5.sh.bak
copy /system/etc/cpu3.sh to /system/etc/cpu5.sh
(these last 2 steps are needed since on Virtuous, Diamondback hacked the UI to call the cpu5.sh instead of the cpu3.sh for performance mode. Without this change you can't OC to 1.8)

enjoy.... anyone see anything wrong or potential issues? Not a noob at flashing just don't wanna screw up since it's my first tab flash.

But... when I go to the thread for roms and kernel directory, it shows 2 cwm touch 5.8.2 and another 5.8.1.8 which says for unrooted devices (.21 update) which is my situation. So the question is which one am I suppose to use? 5.8.2 or 5.8.1.8.....

Btw thanks for your reply before....appreciate your help
Telus Galaxy S4 - Stock 4.3 to
[ROM] Maple leaf iBASTiD if ya aint tried it.... you should... Go Canada... Go iBASTiD......

boynamedstacy
Old
Thanks Meter 283
The 5.8.1.8 is the, touch recovery if I'm not mistaken. I run the touch version with no issues and find it much easier to use over the volume rocker based one. I would go touch if I were you... IMO.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Gage_Hero
Old
Thanks Meter 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by boynamedstacy View Post
The 5.8.1.8 is the, touch recovery if I'm not mistaken. I run the touch version with no issues and find it much easier to use over the volume rocker based one. I would go touch if I were you... IMO.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Okay I went back and looked again at http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1523719

I don't know why I thought 5.8.2.0 was touch recovery, it is not stated on the page.... read twice for good measure lol.... clearly I am going to want 5.8.1.8... the touch one
Telus Galaxy S4 - Stock 4.3 to
[ROM] Maple leaf iBASTiD if ya aint tried it.... you should... Go Canada... Go iBASTiD......

CekMTL
Old
Thanks Meter 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaSmurf6768 View Post
motley, just for another data point I'll let you know that I have one of the older Primes (BCOKAS serial, CPUid=1) and I have had no problems on 2.5.8. I left my tab on all night last night w/ wifi on and everything else I had running during the day on, and she was still ready to go in the morning. So it's not specific to the older tabs. One thing I have noticed though is battery life doesn't seem to be great, as Wifi is draining a majority of my power because I leave it on all the time. Is there some kind of wifi undervolting tweaks you could do in the next version? Because everything else is near perfect!
HEY!, sorry to be late but me too, ID 1 and been running all night and in the morning was ready to go... I think I never turn off my poor TF xDDDDD

No freezes or anything til now for 2.5.8 but will be testing more ...

benefit14snake
Old
Thanks Meter 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmanhad View Post
Hahahaha, that's so funny. I'm not laughing at you, just your post. I could care less about the score, just wanted op to see the fruits of his labor. Come on antutu, get your act together.
Haha np. Not really a big deal either way. Honestly not sure why my score was so high as I haven't been able to reproduce it.

Sent from my Axiom MAXX!!